4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I'll hide in spoilers, because even though old WiaB was restarted 3 years ago, some people don't know it and they won't want to hear it before/if it happens in new WiaB)

Willi either has sex with Donna Revera (who can get pregnant from it) while taking Lucas on a night out or encounters a girl called Ashley Treaster (from memory) who sets him up. in either case, he is accused of rape. Abigail knows it's fake, but has to send him to prison. The warden is corrupt and puts Willi in with the most violent inmates and makes sure they know he's a rapist. Uncle Joe is there and protects him. You can dominate one of the female inmates. But Joe is released, so you're left to decide to either beat up Abigails agent, get fucked up by the inmates because rapists are scum ...or offer the inmate's gang leader Miru when she visits, and he sends you videos of what he does to her.

This was probably about now in the story time wise - you hadn't learnt much more than in the new version by this point. A few other things had happened, but not really much more.
Just to add to this:

The reason I find it interesting is that Donna is the FIRST person in the Oceanverse to get pregnant. Even if this is no longer canon, it has the impact that it is the very start of the Revera's allying with the Zane's - you can choose to protect Donna, so she can testify that it wasn't rape. It's the moment that she choses sides, and it's defined by a child, who is probably the Revera on the first team. We also have no idea if Donna is froma rich family, in both versions of the game she just seemed like an average person; so her social standing (ie being part of ZPR) could entirely be due to getting pregnant from Willi, and in gratitude for her choosing the Zane side in whatever happens.

This is even before we have an idea of when Ayua is conceived we don't even know if Ayua ISN'T the NTR child of a prisoner that WIlli raised in guilt for putting Miru through that whole situation where she sleeps with the prison gang boss to keep Willi safe.

I know these ideas are about info that's no longer canon, but it really is quite something to keep in mind about the direction of the game, and the kind of game Ocean's making, the kind of potential ideas that are floating around for Ocean's plot devics - it's really not a lightweight thing at all.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
How much is this intertwined with SG? Are there any visible connections at the current stage of the story?

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
You'll get better answers by others, but a few characters appear in both games. This game is, literally where it begins, apparently the rise of several influential more or less criminal families/organisations that will probably pay a role in all five games.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
How much is this intertwined with SG? Are there any visible connections at the current stage of the story?
- WiaB is set 20 years before in the same city, Wollust
- The main character is Willi Zane, who is part of the Zane family who run ZPR in WiaB
- Katie Zane is seen in both games so far, Leia and Willi Zane are mentioned in SG
- Ayua is a Zane, but we don't know 100% who the parents are, but a Zane. Most likely Willi and Miru.
- Zoey's brother Stefan is the person who Nika and Bella steal the heirloom from in SG
- Emilio the barber from SG is Leia's right hand in WiaB
- Sasha's mother Elena in SG was a lawyer in old pre rework WiaB, prosecuting William and was intended to be an LI I believe, and is part of the owner of the ZPR college (Petrova)
- Donna who stalks Willi is a Revera, also a family that runs ZPR in SG.

So pretty significant connections already.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
- WiaB is set 20 years before in the same city, Wollust
- The main character is Willi Zane, who is part of the Zane family who run ZPR in WiaB
- Katie Zane is seen in both games so far, Leia and Willi Zane are mentioned in SG
- Ayua is a Zane, but we don't know 100% who the parents are, but a Zane. Most likely Willi and Miru.
- Zoey's brother Stefan is the person who Nika and Bella steal the heirloom from in SG
- Emilio the barber from SG is Leia's right hand in WiaB
- Sasha's mother Elena in SG was a lawyer in old pre rework WiaB, prosecuting William and was intended to be an LI I believe, and is part of the owner of the ZPR college (Petrova)
- Donna who stalks Willi is a Revera, also a family that runs ZPR in SG.

So pretty significant connections already.
So essentially, if one wants to have a more complete experience with SG, he should dip his toes into WiaB?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So essentially, if one wants to have a more complete experience with SG, he should dip his toes into WiaB?
100%. It's also (in my opinion) the better game. Don't get me wrong though, I enjoy both, and I see them as one game. I don't know if the goal is to have a subconscious thread that carries through both, currently if feels like the baton is handed on and SG is the story of the current generation.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Well, it's the far better story and to slightly correct Bob when he says this is set 20 years earlier than SG, I personally would reword it to that SG is set 20 years after this.

This story came first, was the first VN and was Ocean's first love. SG only got the love it got as for some reason, it's more financially viable/popular. But more popular does not always equate to better ;)

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Ok, I will give it a try. I played WiaB before it was reworked, it seemed pretty generic to me back then, might have changed though.
I've only played the new version, so can't comment on the old one. But I definitely like the current game.

Hope you like it too

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Ok, I will give it a try. I played WiaB before it was reworked, it seemed pretty generic to me back then, might have changed though.
I think you're in for a treat.

Daphne didn't exist in the first version. I have high hopes for her character/story arc. Even though Katie is my main focus, having to chose between her and Miru is now actually hard.

It's also overall, higher quality rendering than SG. The reason I say this, is Ocean's in effect learned from SG because he updated it more frequently, then applied what he learnt to WiaB. So it's visually consistent in a way the SG hasn't been and still isn't.

Reactions: Maviarab and Jarulf

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I think you're in for a treat.

Daphne didn't exist in the first version. I have high hopes for her character/story arc. Even though Katie is my main focus, having to chose between her and Miru is now actually hard.

It's also overall, higher quality rendering than SG. The reason I say this, is Ocean's in effect learned from SG because he updated it more frequently, then applied what he learnt to WiaB. So it's visually consistent in a way the SG hasn't been and still isn't.
Yes, SG Mila models are very inconsistent, so this will not be the case with WiaB, thanks. :)

Reactions: BobTheDuck
4.30 star(s) 184 Votes