What is your favorite anime and why?

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
God you're a pretentious prick aren't you.
That's ironic coming from you.

Anime means Animation, Anime doesn't have definitive country or style. Japanese animation studios and manga artists were highly inspired by western comic books and animations after the second World War.

Rick and Morty is animated which makes it an Anime.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
That's ironic coming from you.

Anime means Animation, Anime doesn't have definitive country or style. Japanese animation studios and manga artists were highly inspired by western comic books and animations after the second World War.

Rick and Morty is animated which makes it an Anime.

You see, language, it has meaning. We as human beings often create words as time goes on. Even attribute new definitions to words. Those definitions however allow us as human beings to understand one another. Anime as it is used today, specifically means japanese animation. I don't care who you're talking to, when you say anime, the visuals that they associate with the word are going to be be japanese animation. Once again you spew ignorance as if it were fact, in spite of your lack of understanding you expect those with the education and understanding beyond your own to simply agree with you. You attack knowledge and fact as if they have no meaning. Just stop.

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017

You see, language, it has meaning. We as human beings often create words as time goes on. Even attribute new definitions to words. Those definitions however allow us as human beings to understand one another. Anime as it is used today, specifically means japanese animation. I don't care who you're talking to, when you say anime, the visuals that they associate with the word are going to be be japanese animation. Once again you spew ignorance as if it were fact, in spite of your lack of understanding you expect those with the education and understanding beyond your own to simply agree with you. You attack knowledge and fact as if they have no meaning. Just stop.
The Wikipedia article's first sentence literally goes against your point. Not to mention Japanese animations like I said before were influenced by Western cartoons. Osamu Tezuka, one of the most famous animators in Japan said that he was highly influenced by Walt Disney.

That's a massive wall of text that just came out of your ass and has no basis. Anime means animation, it has no border. Manga also doesn't have to be Japanese, Manga means comic books just like Manhwa in Korean means comic books.

Saying Anime is animation that only comes from Japan is as retarded as saying that Origami can only be done in Japan.

Culturally Western cartoons aren't usually related to the word Anime, that is correct but saying that Rick and Morty can't be my favorite Anime is technically wrong, it is because, technically it's Anime.

You can say what you think and don't think Anime is but you can't say I am wrong to think that Rick and Morty is Anime because it is.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
The Wikipedia article's first sentence literally goes against your point.

That's a massive wall of text that just came out of your ass and has no basis. Anime means animation, it has no border. Manga also doesn't have to be Japanese, Manga means comic books just like Manhwa in Korean means comic books.

Saying Anime is animation that only comes from Japan is as retarded as saying that Origami can only be done in Japan.
I'm saying Anime is a subgenre of animation that is typically associated with japan. If you want to call Avatar the last airbender an anime, we can talk, because it was striving to be one. But I guarantee you dan harmon would laugh at you for calling Rick and Morty anime. However, I'm done with this. Go on with your ignorance and need to be right. I don't give a fuck. Welcome to the second spot on my ignored members list.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
As a rule I dislike most action anime, because I don't like how exaggerated some stuff gets and some of most common tropes. I like more humorous slice-of-life stuff, like D-Frag or Seitokai Yakuindomo.

My absolute favorite would be JL cartoon, but not an anime I guess.

Reactions: Canto Forte

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
I'm saying Anime is a subgenre of animation that is typically associated with japan. If you want to call Avatar the last airbender an anime, we can talk, because it was striving to be one. But I guarantee you dan harmon would laugh at you for calling Rick and Morty anime. However, I'm done with this. Go on with your ignorance and need to be right. I don't give a fuck. Welcome to the second spot on my ignored members list.
Just because something is typically associated wrong, doesn't make it right. More to the point that Japan doesn't animate all the anime it produces. Both Korea's and Japan's studios help out each other a lot producing animations on both sides.

So the entire premise of Anime only being from Japan because it's animated by Japaneses studios falls apart right quick. Also notice how Makoto Shinkai says Japaneses anime or Japanese Animation not just Anime. In Japan, Anime means Animation.

From anime director Makoto Shinkai,
"A Korean woman has been one of the main staff members for my studio for ten years. Also, I would say that Japanese animation itself cannot be detached from Korean animation studios. If there are no Korean studios, making one animation is difficult. Korea bears a big part [of Japan's anime] on its shoulders."

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
As a rule I dislike most action anime, because I don't like how exaggerated some stuff gets and some of most common tropes. I like more humorous slice-of-life stuff, like D-Frag or Seitokai Yakuindomo.

My absolute favorite would be JL cartoon, but not an anime I guess.
Was it animated? Then it's anime.

It's much more an anime than it is a cartoon since cartoon is a drawing.

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Well, it's a hard question you know...
Steins Gate
Log Horizon
D.Gray-Man, the old version although it didn't finish...

And much, much more!! haha
Sorry Can't decide...

ponk

Donor
Feb 19, 2018
It's Tenchi Muyo however I know it's complete trash so dont watch it. It has massive nostalgia value for me.

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
i forgot about this movie .
saw it recently and loved the story .

The story is set one month after a comet has fallen for the first time in a thousand years in Japan. Mitsuha, a high school girl living in the countryside, wants to live in the city because she is tired of life in the country. Then, there's Taki. He's a high school student living in Tokyo with his friends while working as a part-timer at an Italian restaurant. He also has a strong interest in fine arts involving architecture. One day, Mitsuha dreams of herself as a young man. On the other hand, Taki also has a dream where he is a female student attending high school in the countryside. What's the secret behind their dreams?

also adding the gogoanime link

addblocker is adviced :)
abp or ublock

Reactions: Doc Wobbly

nostars

Oct 17, 2017
I don't think I have a favourite but I'm going to suggest:

Moonlight Mile

Kinda obscure. Kinda nerdy and mature. I don't think I ever got to watch the second season as no group (as far as I know) ever translated it.