• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What is your favorite anime and why?

Jakky

Jan 10, 2018
Monster takes the cake for me. 10/10

The best suspense/thriller in animation, PERIOD.

Unbelievably perfect. This complex and beautiful storyline unfolds over 74 incredible episodes, untangling the deepest philosophies and the loveliest intricacies of human life with every carefully constructed character and scene.

Getting ready for bed and want something which is easy to understand? Monster is the anime for you. It will have you on the edge of your seat and wondering what will happen to each of the characters as the story progresses. Please give this anime a go, you might find yourself hooked. Give it ago, who knows you might like it.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
"It's Time to D.D.D DUEL" or "It's Morphin Time"

All jokes aside,
If I had to pick one "Aho Girl". Gave me a good laugh watching it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rising_Hell

Jun 16, 2017
I dont want to sound too mainstream or anything. But my favorite anime of all time will always be Dragon Ball Z. I'm from India so growing up we had no idea of what an anime is. i think we got Animax in 2002 ish idk exactly when. But the 1st anime i remember watching ever was Dragon Ball Z. Basically my entire childhood was spiking my hair and screaming for no reason.
DBZ got me into sketching as well. I will always remember how to draw abs and spiky hair because of it. XD

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul is definitely up there. I really like the story, the idea that even after being turned into a monster you can still be more human than the rest of us.

Code Geass is another one that I really like for its story. I won't spoil it, but its a pretty good commentary on imperialism and fighting against that.

Gundam00 is another. Most people wouldn't put a mecha anime from a series of mecha anime in a toplist, but again this has a great political commentary. Most of the gundam series deal with a harsh government that needs to be fought against, this one however deals with 3 relatively normal governments who keep fighting over territory, and power. All while non member nations keep getting caught in the middle and suffer. So a team of people with access to the most advanced weapons ever made comes together to end the conflicts, shooting down both sides' weapons. Its really cool and a great commentary on the actual real life politics of today.

Higurashi no naku koro is one of the most clever anime I've ever seen. Its got this perfect blend of horror and thriller that makes it intelligent and terrifyingly fun.

Another is another (no pun intended) great horror thriller. I very much enjoyed the twists and turns.

Darker Than Black is one where, similar to Tokyo Ghoul, a "monster" proves to be more human than the rest of us. Its a really cool story and definitely worth watching.

Black lagoon is a great action packed anime dealing with crime syndicates and whatnot, definitely a good one.

Hellsing, and I suggest you watch the OVA Hellsing Ultimate. Its a great vampire story with lots of blood and violence.

I'll put The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya out there as a slice of life pick as well. This is a trip of a show psychologically, because while it plays like a regular slice of life comedy, there's a subtextual story about Haruhi and the world that makes you really think.

Infinity King

Live Like A King
Dec 6, 2017
I dont want to sound too mainstream or anything. But my favorite anime of all time will always be Dragon Ball Z. I'm from India so growing up we had no idea of what an anime is. i think we got Animax in 2002 ish idk exactly when. But the 1st anime i remember watching ever was Dragon Ball Z. Basically my entire childhood was spiking my hair and screaming for no reason.
DBZ got me into sketching as well. I will always remember how to draw abs and spiky hair because of it. XD
Yes My Childhood also Start with DBZ
Even Nowadays I also see DBS episodes & waiting for its Latest upcoming Movie

Tokyo Ghoul is definitely up there. I really like the story, the idea that even after being turned into a monster you can still be more human than the rest of us.

Code Geass is another one that I really like for its story. I won't spoil it, but its a pretty good commentary on imperialism and fighting against that.

Gundam00 is another. Most people wouldn't put a mecha anime from a series of mecha anime in a toplist, but again this has a great political commentary. Most of the gundam series deal with a harsh government that needs to be fought against, this one however deals with 3 relatively normal governments who keep fighting over territory, and power. All while non member nations keep getting caught in the middle and suffer. So a team of people with access to the most advanced weapons ever made comes together to end the conflicts, shooting down both sides' weapons. Its really cool and a great commentary on the actual real life politics of today.

Higurashi no naku koro is one of the most clever anime I've ever seen. Its got this perfect blend of horror and thriller that makes it intelligent and terrifyingly fun.

Another is another (no pun intended) great horror thriller. I very much enjoyed the twists and turns.

Darker Than Black is one where, similar to Tokyo Ghoul, a "monster" proves to be more human than the rest of us. Its a really cool story and definitely worth watching.

Black lagoon is a great action packed anime dealing with crime syndicates and whatnot, definitely a good one.

Hellsing, and I suggest you watch the OVA Hellsing Ultimate. Its a great vampire story with lots of blood and violence.

I'll put The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya out there as a slice of life pick as well. This is a trip of a show psychologically, because while it plays like a regular slice of life comedy, there's a subtextual story about Haruhi and the world that makes you really think.
Yeap
shit I forget about Tokyo Ghoul, Hellsing, Black lagoon. They r Damn good anime

Jakky

Jan 10, 2018
Well if you read the manga
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'd recommend . It has the same grey morality tone and a much darker, twisty story.
...and Shiki too
Bokurano does a tremendous job at that. Don't let the kids fool ya! Also, Casshern Sins. Though I'd recommend it to watch at a slower pace as there is a lot of silence, introspection, and philosophical dialog.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
Bleach was good untill the studio's demanded fillers and nearly ruined the franchise .
Bakuman is nice, good storyline a good slice of life series.
Kakegurui .. yeah the characters they are ... edgy to give it a name
could spam with some sports and cooking anime, but dont want to flood the topic :p

Reactions: Sole

DarkCube

Game Developer
Jan 20, 2018
Classic "Ghost in the Shell" (1995) is my ultimate mainstream anime, it has strong philosophical questions at its core, amazing visuals, great believable characters, and an iconic soundtrack. Other GitS animes, including TV series, are awesome in their own way, but the first one is unbeatable.

"Urotsukidōji" is my top dog among hentai animes, the original uncensored saga (1987-1991) is full of hardcore sex action, brutal monster fights and, surprisingly, a rather strong mystical plot. And it's the only anime, where teen schoolgirl can be seen falling down to death from the top of the skyscraper while being f.cked by a demon. Truly kinky stuff!:evilsmile:

Reactions: Canto Forte

Sword26

Donor
Aug 8, 2016
i might trigger some people but i have to say fairytail, why because in a list of 200+ catalogued anime fairytail was fresh and new and had something to me imo which was different a pink hair MC/fantastic music by
Yasuharu Takanashi and storybuilding tho done before again quite fresh and in the end i was never bored also by the end i would have loved to be a fairytail guild memeber POF/Plot Amour/the power to be or destroy dragons

Apisoh

Dec 19, 2017
Fullmetal Alchemist (both incarnations)

I can still re-watch it to this day, as opposed to the ones I have fond memories from childhood like Dragon Ball.