VN Ren'Py What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 2 Part 1] [WsZgamez]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hi.
So I finished the MC scene; it has 13 renders, but without them, there would be something missing from this version of events.
Last Sunday, I prepared the environment to "shoot" photos with Lana and also created one character who will from the beginning take part in the event.
I am approaching the point where I will have to create another character (woman) that will appear in the scene, and this means that about 2/3 of the whole event I have already prepared.
This character will literally say a few words, but I have to create it for the sake of the storyline, and maybe one day the MC will interact with this figure again.

In other news.

The proofreader messaged me. He has the corrected text for me, and I have another batch of translated text for him to check. And with that, I move to tell you what I've been doing during this week. After work, I sat down to work on daz3d with a timer in my hand. 1.5h- 2h of posing in daz3d and then translating. I had to catch up on the translation of the text so that I would have something to send to him when he tells me that he has finished checking the text I sent him earlier.
I do not like to create a situation in which I have finished the work in daz3d, and for the corrected text I need to wait for an uncertain amount of time. Furthermore, I'm about to start translating the last part of the text, and once I've done that I'll start putting corrected text into renpy and testing each of the paths.
Of the minor work, I have to prepare the choices, because, as you have noticed, I shifted from the standard menu-choice in renpy and created choices in the form of images, which require additional work.
I have to create 2 versions (idle, hover) for each choice and I have to cut them in such a way that when they are placed on the screen there is no shifting when hovering the cursor over images.
And you don't even know how some people are crying about this, on a certain forum (*sob* you can't do walkthrough because it takes too much work because these are images and not regular choices *sob*), that's music to my ears :D.

You must know that for the past few weeks I have been very busy with personal stuff. So also, for that reason, I have decided to release reports every 2 weeks. I intend to address this and other topics in the next post, "developer's thoughts", but this does not change the fact that I am approaching the end of work in daz3d on this part of episode 2.

I'm making this post available to the public as I will do with the mentioned upcoming post "developer thoughts", so stay tuned, and this is where I end this report.

Thanks for your support.

WsZ

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello.
I am publishing this post today because I had to take 1 day off from my work. In this post, you will read why. Also, I will explain to some people why I decided to do my AVN, and why I haven't had much time to work on the game for the last few weeks.

So, 24 months ago, my mother was diagnosed with malignant clear cell carcinoma, which gave metastasis from her kidney to lymph nodes, bronchi and lungs. She was on chemotherapy (sunitinib) for 18 months until December 2023, but this only weakened her more. Chemo halted the disease for a bit, but after her last CT scan, it turned out that new tumors had appeared in her lungs, so the doctor ordered a change in treatment.
From chemotherapy to immunotherapy (nivolumab). And now I travel with my mother every 2 weeks to the hospital, first on Saturday for a blood test and then on Monday so she can receive the drug.
Thanks to the fact that I have a job for more than 6 months (regular payments), I have less to think about another depressing factor. Until last June, I was unemployed for more than a year, because I left my job abroad, to help my mother deal with the disease.
That's why I decided to publish my game sooner than I initially planned.
What I do in daz3d, renpy, script writing, translation - firstly, I learn new things, and secondly, it gives me some peace of mind from what is going on with my mother.
I'm writing about it more openly now because sadly I've become more accustomed to the reality I have to function in now, or maybe it's because a year ago I wasn't ready/didn't want to write about what was going on in my life with more people.

Now I'd like to move on to more positive information.
Thanks to the fact that I have a job, in December I started thinking about putting together a new computer. If I had only counted on earning money from patrons, I would have given up development a long time ago, but as I said before, I treat the whole development adventure as a marathon, and not a sprint.
Fortunately, I now have a major source of income with which to finance a new computer and allow me to pursue the development of my game.
I will build a new machine for now without a new graphics card, but I hope that when I finally switch to a new PC, then my work as a developer will become more enjoyable.
For those who do not know, I am working on a PC that I built in 2013 . Processor i7, not enough memory and about M2 drives I can only dream. For now, I'm browsing and comparing prices of components, but in order to purchase them, I will have to wait for 2 more paychecks. I will have to struggle a bit with the old one, but I can't wait to see how the new hardware will perform.

Now, a few words about WCgW.
I've already created the character I wrote about in the last report. I am in the process of creating scenes involving her. After that, there is really not much work left for me to do regarding the script itself. I will have more work to do with coding. In daz3d what have left to do is to make Fay gallery and put it in the game.
You know it is an additional content, but to unlock all the pictures, the players will have to earn the maximum points with Fay. By the way, this rule applies to all girls. As for the galleries, it is possible that I will reduce the number of images from 20 to 10-12, maybe, for the reason I wrote above. In addition, I come to the conclusion that I should not share all the images, before the given gallery is added to WCgW - I am talking about Amanda's 2 gallery.
That's about it. I've rambled a bit, but that's what posts "developer thoughts" are supposed to look like.
WsZ

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hi.

It's been a long time since I made a render with this lady. I thought I would make a custom render with Amanda. Since I am currently using this environment to make scenes with Lana, so what left to do was to add this lady with a slightly changed appearance.
I hope you will like her new hair. And I will specify right away that this is not a picture from Ep1 part1, only a custom render, but I do not rule out that one day Amanda will show up with this hairstyle in the game.
Anyway, that's what these renders are for, I can check out new hairstyles, new clothes even a new environment, so that I have something to choose from in the upcoming updates.

Now, something about the game.

Over the weekend I did a bit of work in daz3d on the scene with Lana, I'm nearing the end of it, and to make it clear I have almost 100 renders prepared featuring Lana and more than 10 choices written out and ready to be put into the renpy.
I'm saying I worked a little in daz3d because I spent most of my time inserting the translated part of the text into the renpy (the entire scene 1 is done - 285 renders), and now I'm starting to test it. In addition to this, I prepared images with choices and I started translating the rest of the text from scene 2.
For sure, the next report will also be released on an unscheduled date, when? - I don't know. Probably when I will have something to share with you, and I hope it will be the last report before the release of Ep2 part1.
This report is short, and the next one should be even shorter.
That's all.

Thanks for your support.

WsZ

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hi.

Hehe, I managed to publish report #13 before February 13

So, finally, I finished working on the Lana event. It has 121 renders.
Since the posing of scenes from the script is over, I can proceed with the translation of that event. This is the last part of the text I have to deal with, the rest I have checked by the proofreader and typed into the renpy.
This fact pleases me the most. Everything up to the event with Lana I have coded in the renpy along with the choices and the "split screen" choices, which I will talk about more extensively about in the "release notes" post.
I am just in the process of testing everything to that point, and I have a lot to test. I am excited about this for several reasons. I am approaching the end of work on this part of Episode 2 and, of course, I can't wait to start working on the the next part, despite the fact that I still have some work ahead of me on this version of the game.
Another reason I'm excited is that it won't be long before I realize one of the many goals I've set for myself this year. I could write more about that, but this is not the time and place.
I want this report to be short and on point.
I am writing this report on Sunday, and before I publish it, I will have the last part of the text translated and send it to the proofreader.

Tomorrow I won't work a lot because, as you have read, I have another visit to the hospital.
As for the work, I will continue to test and get graphics errors - render to edit, add one because there is no smooth transition from one scene to another, etc.
I haven't done it yet, but I will get down to it today. I need to increase the stats of the girls (Kaitlin, Shanon, Fay, Lana) with whom players can earn points after clicking the appropriate choices and, accordingly choose the right value that will be checked as a condition.

What else:

- create images for the Fay gallery
- put images from the Fay gallery into reply, I will do it at the end. I want to have everything tested by then, then I will code the gallery.
- create/add the appropriate entries to the end screens
- paste the event with Lana into the renpy
- create graphic choices for the event with Lana.
- create banners

As you can see, there is still some work to do, so until the next one.

A small update to what I wrote yesterday.

I did not sleep tonight because after 1am the ambulance took my mother to the hospital. Her health worsened over the weekend.
A man, as soon as he starts to be relatively happy, immediately gets a kick in the gut so that he won't be overly happy...

WsZ

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
fa_gal1_03.jpg

Hi.

This is definitely the last report before releasing Ep2 part1. My next post that I will publish will be "developer notes", when ? - once everything is ready. This is nothing new, but if anyone wants to keep up to date with the progress of my work, then from tomorrow those who are interested will be able to view my entries on my discord.

So, testing is going at full speed and I discovered some inconsistencies in the 2 versions of one of the paths. To correct this, I wrote a few extra lines of dialogue and I had to make 8 extra renders. As it happens with testing, I found that I had to make some new renders here and there.
I'm sharing Fay's image with you because I didn't have time to create a custom render. And this means that I have started to prepare a series of Fay images which will go into her gallery. I have not yet decided how many of them I will create. Nonetheless, this information will be included in the development notes.

What else?
I've received proofread text from the Lana event, and I'll type it into the reply today. For this event, I have the graphic choices already done. Point by point, I am executing what I wrote a week ago. Today I also want to make entries that will go onto the final screens, which will include information about the important choices and announcements of the events to which these choices will lead.

I'm ending here and getting back to work.

Thanks for your support.
WsZ

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Mostrar menos
Hello.
First, some preview renders that I put into previous progress reports.

What's new in this version?

- 688 renders

- added galleries of Fay and Lana (yes I am just finishing creating images for her gallery).

Each picture has a second, more revealing version. To unlock the normal version, players will have to gain, let's say, half of the points with the particular lady.

To unlock the "naked" versions of these pic players will have to accumulate a little more but not the maximum points. Hence, the information on the end screen about what the maximum points of a particular lady are.

- the plot moves forward a few days, and there will be an important storyline branching, not the only one in episode two. Players will have to decide, i.e. make a choice with which lady they want to spend the coming weekend with.

I'll use a few screens here to show you what these choices will look like.

If the player gets the right number of points or fulfills other conditions after moving the cursor over the picture of the corresponding lady, the color will change from gray to colored.

A darker gray picture indicates that the player does not meet the conditions.

I would like to point out that the choice of Fay will be active in all "the paths", as a result of the script and a way out of a situation where a player has the rest of the paths closed. I would like to write more about this, but I will be revealing the future versions of the events, so I will elaborate on this a few days after the release of the game for tier 2 patrons.

In terms of paths, following the Kait path, the player may have points to choose Amanda or Fay. The same applies if the player follows the Shanon route. On top of this, I have also added the choice of not engaging with the particular woman, and this again creates further versions of events for each route.

For your information, I'm still testing all the paths, as there's quite a bit to test, and I'm also adding single renders, which I think do a better job of connecting the leaps between scenes.

And now the most important information.

I plan to release the game on Friday. If all goes well, in the evening, if not, on Saturday morning, which means I'll have a busy night, but I'm not going to rest until I do it.

I will release Ep2 p1 based on tiers:

Tier 5 - Friday 1st of March 24 (initial release).

Tier 4 - 3 days after initial release.

Tier 3 - 5 days after initial release.

Tier 2 - 7 days after initial release.

WsZ

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 2 Part 1] [WsZgamez]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
ta
What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 2 Part 1] [WsZgamez]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -
thank you~:D

Reactions: yrban7477

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 1 Part 3] [WsZgamez] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.

Universal: Ep. 1 Part 3 -> Ep. 2 Part 1 [627 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
WhatCouldGoWrong-EP2P1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
Not sure what to make of this one, knowing its not a harem and there will be consequences. After Amanda I just picked choices without much care. Basically trying not to score points and found myself not really giving a shit about what the girls had to say or waste too much time considering it. Atleast Kait made that easy, never going to apologize for her behavior but it made the rest the vn about trying to avoid the girls which was rather odd.

Meanwhile mc is still perving and trying to get into every girls pants he meets, just makes no sense.

Also Kas_-5.png does not exist so I changed one of the others png's to -5 to get past this error.

kas-5.PNG

I also had errors in the previous stats screen when clicking the right arrow to look at what I guess was another girls stats I didnt screen shot that one because I could just continue and ignore it. Looking in the gui/stats folder I am going to take a leap and guess the stats are not supposed to go into minus as the other png's only go as low as 0.

next edit:
eveline.PNG

The 3rd(I believe) stats screen again I can skip this one because its under the right arrow and can continue without looking here.

Last edited:
Reactions: underwatersparkle
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes