Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Something serious:
My absolute favourite was "Miss Simmone Hammerdick".
Any guesses when she will reappear?

Most possibly I pass the Orc girl (not my taste).

Last edited:

Alexxx888

Apr 22, 2022
Something serious:

The earliest in 0.9 if she will win the poll. Next version 0.8 is about Holly.

Reactions: Rolo

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Something serious:

That's a difficult question. The next main story installment will be focused on Lady Madelaine Goldenbush, and it's fair to assume that, at some point, Lord Hammerdick will be deposed as the city's ruler, which would undoubtedly affect Simmone's situation. But since both Simmone's and Main Story were voting options in the last poll, I don't think her story is too much dependant on the main story anymore: it wouldn't make sense to create a quest to free her from the castle when her family should leave it anyway once Lady Mad returns to power - at the same time, this may mean that Lady Mad won't get her position back at least on her focused update. Otherwise, it would be a huge mess to plan and code those overlapping stories, and it would basically mean creating two different stories for Simmone's update: one with her father still as the city's ruler, and another one without him. In fact, Lord Hammerdick's presence will already need to be fixed in Myrtle's quest for those who may choose to neglect her until the main story is done. Maybe he's just left in power in the Old Capital, totally reformed and submitted to Lady Mad, while she goes to help Princess Serena at the New Capital, even after King Vil is defeated? We'll see.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kisama33 and Rolo

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
i wonder if once the new update is out the dev team finds a way to speed up things for the next one, waiting 2 years or so for one update is just way too long. if future updates take the same amount of time none of us will see the finished product
Well, I don't imagine she'll be giving birth again soon & I also doubt he'll need another two operations for his hip replacement.
Presumably they'll automatically be quicker, without those 3 major delays.
As this is meant to be the biggest update they've done, I would guess that a number of future updates might have slightly less content, so that would make things a bit quicker too.
Have to wait & see.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Well, I don't imagine she'll be giving birth again soon & I also doubt he'll need another two operations for his hip replacement.
Presumably they'll automatically be quicker, without those 3 major delays.
As this is meant to be the biggest update they've done, I would guess that a number of future updates might have slightly less content, so that would make things a bit quicker too.
Have to wait & see.
They should work in small updates honestly,that way something like this never happens again.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
This is a big part of the problem with Patreon. Imagine you are a dev for a second. Let's say it takes you 200 hours of work to produce a medium-sized update. (It's just an example, it doesn't need to be exact.) You are getting IDK say $10k/mo from patrons.

Initially you are busting your ass and you manage to do that 200 hours in 2 months, so you make $20k for that 200 hours of work. But over time you kinda get burned out, other things start to take priority, etc., so the next 200 hours winds up taking you 4 months. But then you notice a strange thing - your monthly take didn't drop by much. You wind up making let's say $9k/mo x 4 months = $36k (almost double) for THAT SAME 200 HOURS OF ACTUAL WORK. So you're making more money per hour of time spent working... by releasing updates SLOWER. Plus at some point you are going to run out of new ideas for shit and have to bring the project to a close, and then you have to start ALL OVER with a new project and pray that it's at least as popular and successful... dragging out your existing successful project and just milking it for all it's worth starts to look like a really attractive option.

So Patreon, by nature of it's inherent cuckery and people continuing to blindly support projects that are not reliable at all about releasing content, literally encourages devs to slow the F down and trickle out content. Of course they can't come right out and SAY this, so they make a lot of excuses based on things that are going on in their lives (the same things that happens in everyone else's lives, the difference being most normal people don't get to work significantly less or take months to years off every time life throws them a curve ball.)

*Edit - fixed a typo

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 445 Votes