VN Ren'Py Abandoned We're Nudists [Ep. 1] [IctRom]

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

IctRom

Nov 25, 2021
Hey everyone! I haven't gone to my grave yet, but my game has. I'm sorry, but I've explained this on my Patreon and I've also set up a pool to see if you're still interested in this game. You have to know that it wasn't my intention to do a demo and then abandon it, but things got complicated and I didn't try to do some of the later renders to see if I could do them.
Once again, I'm really sorry to all of you who liked this and didn't get to see it continue.
But maybe it's not too late.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Hey everyone! I haven't gone to my grave yet, but my game has. I'm sorry, but I've explained this on my Patreon and I've also set up a pool to see if you're still interested in this game. You have to know that it wasn't my intention to do a demo and then abandon it, but things got complicated and I didn't try to do some of the later renders to see if I could do them.
Once again, I'm really sorry to all of you who liked this and didn't get to see it continue.
Perhaps get off Patreon and find a genre friendly pay site.

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018
hey, you went public with a demo version, after which you didn’t do anything other than make childish excuses for about a year. Do at least something, start releasing updates regularly, at least once every 3 months, so that people see that they can start giving you money. The reputation of the developer is important here, and now you have it -1

Reactions: excavenfer

IctRom

Nov 25, 2021
hey, you went public with a demo version, after which you didn’t do anything other than make childish excuses for about a year. Do at least something, start releasing updates regularly, at least once every 3 months, so that people see that they can start giving you money. The reputation of the developer is important here, and now you have it -1
What made you think I was excusing myself in a childish way? I didn't make demands or ask people for charity, I could have done that before to buy a video card, couldn't I?
I'm not making this game for charity! I just wanted to see if people liked my work and wanted me to make a sequel, that's all!

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Drop something/teaser in to keep fans' interest up. It doesn't have to be one of the production images. It can be a model sheet, character profile, a poll for potential direction, potential new character, etc. This lets people know that you're still around and active. There will always be those who post negative comments that you can't let yourself be discouraged by. From what I've seen, you're running a one man show and as such development is characteristically slower and often sporadic. Don't let the unrealistic expectations of a few get you down.

IctRom

Nov 25, 2021
Drop something/teaser in to keep fans' interest up. It doesn't have to be one of the production images. It can be a model sheet, character profile, a poll for potential direction, potential new character, etc. This lets people know that you're still around and active. There will always be those who post negative comments that you can't let yourself be discouraged by. From what I've seen, you're running a one man show and as such development is characteristically slower and often sporadic. Don't let the unrealistic expectations of a few get you down.
I have added a pool on my Patreon page, and for the new characters I will be adding some behind the scenes with the new characters as soon as the renders are done.
I don't let the negative comments discourage me, but sometimes I can't keep quiet in the face of them, especially when they're intimidating and don't make sense. I have more people who encourage me than those who talk shit just because they can. This is why I come back to this game and don't start another one with a different name.

Thanks for the encouragement and I'll be back with updates as soon as I have them.

Reactions: Hoboy

s1im

Jun 26, 2018
Good luck and I hope to see more from you IctRom

A lot of folks here have been burned while helping fund game developers who were of low integrity, and who just milked their followers as long as they could, then took the money and ran (essentially disappeared).

It's much easier to get a bad reputation than a good one. And many who've been burned in the past are going to assume the worst of you when they don't see you measuring up to their expectations.

That doesn't mean they'll never become fans, but you will have to earn their trust. Just be frank about the situation (which I think you're trying to do), and don't sugar-coat anything, or make promises that you may not be able to keep.

Deliver more than you promised, and then you'll start seeing your reputation rise, but it can't be just a one-time event. Do it consistently for several months, and you will see some trust given.

Even then some will hold a grudge forever that you didn't satisfy their expectations one time. Don't let those people discourage you. Most of them have never done anything to make it worth giving any credence to their opinions. Just keep on doing the right thing, and the ones who are worth it will come around.

Kacph

Apr 27, 2021
Sadly abandoned but i hope he finish waht he started
For me this game is very promising and i want to see more and how its go or end.

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes