primeumaton

May 4, 2017
The plot sure is all over the place. Pretty good idea though, although the downside is I couldn't get attached to any character.

Reactions: Kthulian

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'gf_computer'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 5069, in script
  File "E:\z-_-z\Warp-0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1573, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\z-_-z\Warp-0.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 871, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'gf_computer'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Warp 0.4
Wed Jul 04 19:00:11 2018

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
There's a difference between being unprepared and being stupid.
He's a scientist, and not a random one since, according to the news shown on the game, his wife is the only person on Earth who can, perhaps, save his ass. So, he's the reference on his field of competence. Therefore, we can't expect less than him being well educated, and having a rational and logical thinking process.
I agree that he wasn't prepared for this, but he know enough to have the appropriated reactions. What he don't know about the place he landed on, he know it by idea/concept association of similar thing/situation on Earth. And proceeding this way is natural for him since he's not just a scientist working on someone else discovery, he's a researcher, the one who make the discovery. Associating idea/concept to find something new is what he do for living.

That's how a scientist would react in this kind of situation :
1) What I know from Earth which look like this ;
2) What it imply on Earth ;
3) Alright, so I'll react like this and wait to know more before adjusting my reaction.
By example, anyone with an average knowledge about middle age understand that a guy will not wander alone on armor. It's heavy, hot, uncomfortable and it limit considerably your liberty of movements ; if you travel, your armor stay on your baggage. This apply especially in the middle of nowhere, so the first person he encounter is surely a guard, and the rest of the patrol is somewhere near him ; and so, near to the MC.
Not only it's the best way to avoid problems, but it's also the best way to discover what differ between Earth and this place. And, as the scientist he is, being able to come back on Earth and write a report on the differences between the two lands, is one of the thing he have on mind.

"little" is the key word here. He's more plain stupid than a little slow.
Once again, I agree on the fact that identifying yourself with a smart ass scientist can be hard. But it's harder to identify yourself with someone supposed to be a smart ass scientist, while you pass half your time saying, "even me, I would have done better !"
Thank you for your opinion @anne O'nymous

After reading what you wrote, all I can say is that..... you Sir (Miss?) are absolutely right!!
It makes a lot of sense with your explanation. Do you consider helping me out in future games? I like the way you think, it's that kind of detail that I'm looking for.

Thanks ;)

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
This sounds SORT OF like the Gor novels...

And at least some of the character art looks amazingly like that of Richard Corben, one of the most overrated artists of the 70/80s

I am, however, downloading it.
Thanks @PeggyBlackett
I didn't knew that artist, I'll take a look to see what you are talking about.

Reactions: papsuken

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Thank you for your opinion @anne O'nymous
You're welcome and, despite my pseudonym, it's sir ;)

Do you consider helping me out in future games? I like the way you think, it's that kind of detail that I'm looking for.
It's a tempting offer, but between my job, my life and my mods, I don't really have much free time. So, I have to decline it. Still if the occasion come, I'll continue to help like I did.

Reactions: Kthulian

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
To correct the bug just put this file on the game directory for PC ----- \Warp-0.4-pc\game\"Paste here and replace"
for Mac ----- \ Warp.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\game\"Paste here and replace"

If you still encounter any problem just let me know

Thank you all :)

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
You're welcome and, despite my pseudonym, it's sir ;)

It's a tempting offer, but between my job, my life and my mods, I don't really have much free time. So, I have to decline it. Still if the occasion come, I'll continue to help like I did.
It's more than I can ask ;)
Thanks

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
To correct the bug just put this file on the game directory for PC ----- \Warp-0.4-pc\game\"Paste here and replace"
for Mac ----- \ Warp.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\game\"Paste here and replace"

If you still encounter any problem just let me know

Thank you all :)
Thanks, added to OP.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Hi, well it didn't help me with this error...
please find the traceback file attached

Edit: sorry, my bad, I left unren'ed script.rpy after changing the rpyc.. It works !
Nice :)

Since Unren "unlocks" all files this fix should only be placed without using Unren or do what you did and delete the .rpy ;)

thank you for playing

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
thanks man now is working...anyway good game because i have enough with incest theme,,,,jeeezzz.
I think the incest theme is the big thing now, only rivalized by cuckolding stuff. Nothing against it, but not my cup of tea. Still there are game with those genres that have super amazing graphics and game engines, far from what I can do for sure xD And if there are so many and so many people looking for them, well, they're doing it right :p

papsuken

Jun 2, 2017
what is the future of this game? is there going to be release .5 anytime soon?
I believe there is going to be a new version until the end of this month, the developer has been busy with real life but is still working on WARP.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes