HTML Wandering Ryo [v1.2.0] [Hexoticas]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Aaah I see. I thought it was a bug, and the game didn't recognize I was inviting other people or something like that. Thanks for clarifying.
On another note, would you consider adding a few more customization options for the base character? Maybe different body types, skin tones, facial features, etc. Though I imagine that would increase the workload exponentially...
Yeah it is basically a question of how much time I have to add this or that feature.
I would really like to add more customization but need to get a good chunk of free time for that (which I don't currently have).

Adding new body features would likely take the most time since clothes need to be adjusted / added for these new features.

Skin tones are already supported in the game, although not available for the player as there is no shop / mechanics to provide that change.
This may be the easiest to add later on.

Facial features may be an easy piece too, depending what it is.

So please share details on which body / facial / any other features you have in mind, it may happen to be something easy to add, or be so good that I cannot resist adding it ;)

Steven1534

Dec 16, 2019
I've run into what appears to be a blocking bug - The dialogue and options for increasing (or decreasing) breast size beyond the first time never trigger, so you can never get into a room that requires breasts, nor can you ever give a feminine impression. Specifically the line of dialogue/response that fails to trigger is this one:

Code:
te(Txt,wSt,{firstPhraseId:1,phrases:{1:{person:Jot,text:"I see you are doing nicely here, looking better and better each day. I bet you were having thoughts about getting bigger breasts. %%SHOP_NAME%% helped me when I was asking myself the very same question... you should check it.",options:(Vwt={},te(Vwt,tAt,2),te(Vwt,lAt,3),te(Vwt,aAt,4),te(Vwt,nAt,5),Vwt)},2:{person:zot,avatarType:nmt,text:"She's crazy!",type:fRt,options:te({},eAt,6)},3:{person:zot,avatarType:amt,text:"I think I had enough of this...",type:fRt,options:te({},eAt,6)},4:{person:zot,avatarType:imt,text:"How much bigger will they get?",type:fRt,options:te({},eAt,6)},5:{person:zot,avatarType:cmt,text:"Finally!",options:te({},eAt,6)},

I got to level 95 and completed every room I was not physically blocked from alongside taking all apparent actions and buying all (non-wig) items, so I do not think I should be getting gated by anything. All of Lace, Cosplay, and Cosplay Stock is unlocked, but the rest of the stores are missing rows of items. I'd manually edit and correct the HTML myself like I do for most other games, but your code is rather opaque to a casual observer so it's not immediately obvious to me what the missed trigger is.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
I've run into what appears to be a blocking bug - The dialogue and options for increasing (or decreasing) breast size beyond the first time never trigger, so you can never get into a room that requires breasts, nor can you ever give a feminine impression. Specifically the line of dialogue/response that fails to trigger is this one:

Code:
te(Txt,wSt,{firstPhraseId:1,phrases:{1:{person:Jot,text:"I see you are doing nicely here, looking better and better each day. I bet you were having thoughts about getting bigger breasts. %%SHOP_NAME%% helped me when I was asking myself the very same question... you should check it.",options:(Vwt={},te(Vwt,tAt,2),te(Vwt,lAt,3),te(Vwt,aAt,4),te(Vwt,nAt,5),Vwt)},2:{person:zot,avatarType:nmt,text:"She's crazy!",type:fRt,options:te({},eAt,6)},3:{person:zot,avatarType:amt,text:"I think I had enough of this...",type:fRt,options:te({},eAt,6)},4:{person:zot,avatarType:imt,text:"How much bigger will they get?",type:fRt,options:te({},eAt,6)},5:{person:zot,avatarType:cmt,text:"Finally!",options:te({},eAt,6)},

I got to level 95 and completed every room I was not physically blocked from alongside taking all apparent actions and buying all (non-wig) items, so I do not think I should be getting gated by anything. All of Lace, Cosplay, and Cosplay Stock is unlocked, but the rest of the stores are missing rows of items. I'd manually edit and correct the HTML myself like I do for most other games, but your code is rather opaque to a casual observer so it's not immediately obvious to me what the missed trigger is.
Hi, can you please share the backup string (e.g. send me a PM) of your current game progress? (Settings -"Copy" under "Save backup string"), I would then be able to load from it and identify what is causing this.

Steven1534

Dec 16, 2019
Hi, can you please share the backup string (e.g. send me a PM) of your current game progress? (Settings -"Copy" under "Save backup string"), I would then be able to load from it and identify what is causing this.
I don't believe I have enough post activity to send PMs yet, but here's the string:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
I don't believe I have enough post activity to send PMs yet, but here's the string:
Thanks! For some reason, the respective dialogue was only partially processed and did not unlock the next breast enlargement. I sent you a save string with this bit fixed (the unlocked procedure is available in Female Aesthetics).
I'll think about how to make dialogs processing more robust.

Reactions: dav121

Steven1534

Dec 16, 2019
Thanks! For some reason, the respective dialogue was only partially processed and did not unlock the next breast enlargement. I sent you a save string with this bit fixed (the unlocked procedure is available in Female Aesthetics).
I'll think about how to make dialogs processing more robust.
If it helps with debugging, the same line of dialogue failed to trigger on both my playthroughs, one where I took breasts as early as possible and one where I took them as late as possible. And the dialogue never displayed to me on screen at all either run.

Reactions: Hexoticas

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
If it helps with debugging, the same line of dialogue failed to trigger on both my playthroughs, one where I took breasts as early as possible and one where I took them as late as possible. And the dialogue never displayed to me on screen at all either run.
Thanks, I clicked around and was able to get the similar behavior when auto-save was enabled and I closed / refreshed the page right after completing the club session.
I'm not sure if that was what caused your issue, but I'll fix it anyway. Do you use auto-save by the way? That would narrow down the possible causes.

Reactions: dav121

Steven1534

Dec 16, 2019
Thanks, I clicked around and was able to get the similar behavior when auto-save was enabled and I closed / refreshed the page right after completing the club session.
I'm not sure if that was what caused your issue, but I'll fix it anyway. Do you use auto-save by the way? That would narrow down the possible causes.
I had autosave on, and also very regularly save-scummed after events to set up my checkpoints when I wanted - i.e. I realize event is happening, go back, make checkpoint named with <event about to happen>, then proceed. It is unlikely though not impossible I could have done this twice on the same event in two playthroughs.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
I had autosave on, and also very regularly save-scummed after events to set up my checkpoints when I wanted - i.e. I realize event is happening, go back, make checkpoint named with <event about to happen>, then proceed. It is unlikely though not impossible I could have done this twice on the same event in two playthroughs.
Yeah it looks like there is an issue with autosave, I'll address this in the next update.

Here is a developement update: I've completed most of dating implementation, now I'll need add many dialogs and text, adjsut some styles, and such. With fixing various bugs and other improvements, it'll take few more weeks to complete; I think that would be released under v 1.0.0 (finally :HideThePain:). I'll remove on-hold tag from the thread as it looks like the update will be there sooner or later.
I'll be uploading preview versions while going through the list of things left to do.

Here are few screenshots of relationships / dating features (dating would essentially be a prompt-guess mini game):

DToxie

Nov 8, 2023
Left a review for this, but I also had some ideas I wanted to share:
Mouse over menu for clothes and wig colors in the shops. I think this would declutter the shops a bit while also leaving slots open for new things if you add any.
Different eye colors in addition to the planned different skin colors.
This one is a lot different and a lot larger in scope, but I had an idea for an NPC. He's your childhood friend and he joins the club too. You lead him down the same path you're going down so players basically get to start the process again without having to restart the game. You'd basically get the same paper doll thing with him and maybe you could share clothes with him to make things easier.

Sorry for springing all of this on you. This game was just a breath of fresh air compared to all the twine games I've played.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Left a review for this, but I also had some ideas I wanted to share:
Mouse over menu for clothes and wig colors in the shop :turs. I think this would declutter the shops a bit while also leaving slots open for new things if you add any.
Different eye colors in addition to the planned different skin colors.
This one is a lot different and a lot larger in scope, but I had an idea for an NPC. He's your childhood friend and he joins the club too. You lead him down the same path you're going down so players basically get to start the process again without having to restart the game. You'd basically get the same paper doll thing with him and maybe you could share clothes with him to make things easier.

Sorry for springing all of this on you. This game was just a breath of fresh air compared to all the twine games I've played.
Thanks for sharing! When I get I to skin colors, I'll definitely add eye colors too.
You are right about shop clothes and wigs in particular looking a bit too noisy. I'll add an item to review that. I also had an idea of grouping wigs in packs of 3, but never got to trying how would that would look / work.
And adding new character as you sad would be a new big scope, I'll make notes but likely won't have a chance to ge to this soon.

Reactions: DToxie and dav121

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Any plans of adding chastity cages?
I have this in my list, but not sure when I get this particular item.
I think I'll take a break after next release (relationahip improvements), and then the next update will likely be about skin / eye colors.

By the way, I'm finishing and will be soon testing relationahip improvements, and will release the preview version with it in the next few days.

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
The preview version is available here
It does not have complete Diary yet, and some polishing is needed here and there, which may take around two weeks to complete. So, if someone wants to see / test the extended relationship and other minor updates (listed in What's new section) - you are welcome.
Ths version saves separately from a regular version, but you can load old save strings / checkpoints with it.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
The preview version is available here
It does not have complete Diary yet, and some polishing is needed here and there, which may take around two weeks to complete. So, if someone wants to see / test the extended relationship and other minor updates (listed in What's new section) - you are welcome.
Ths version saves separately from a regular version, but you can load old save strings / checkpoints with it.
So are the actions in the dates RNG or is there a workable strategy to use?

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Khm-khm... any plans about lactation?
Not for now
(Maybe some time later if / after natural breast growth is introduced.)

So are the actions in the dates RNG or is there a workable strategy to use?
The text on the left hints on what actions are expected; the actions have some RNG for a particular character and usually differ between the characters and dates.
Within a date, each action has 1 or 2 text hints assigned to it

Reactions: DToxie and dav121

Hexoticas

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
I've updated the preview version (located here ) - it how has Diary completed, the above-mentioned options update, and various minor fixes.
The diary will likely look incomplete / weird on non-recent game states.
I plan to make some minor icons updates to this version and publish it in the next few days.

Reactions: onnees and dav121
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes