Omega Deose

Dec 24, 2018
Edited (24/11/2020)

Here is game full save with all endings/CG unlocked. ( 100% all unlocked )

You have to copy/paste this on your dualtail folder that is in (ThisComputer)/documents/dualtail
you are saint ym friend, A SAINT

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
How do you go about learning how to play this, I swear I think I tried this before but I didn't really figure it out... Also what is the difference between like VB Gaia, VB Hollow, VB Chimera, etc.?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
How do you go about learning how to play this, I swear I think I tried this before but I didn't really figure it out... Also what is the difference between like VB Gaia, VB Hollow, VB Chimera, etc.?
Starting with in game tutorial while not ideal will give you something to build on. Difference in battle system that is refined overtime. Chimera is a bit old and a separate case iirc. But Frontier is a good entry point if you want to learn things. It have simplest mechanics out of all modern VB games. (you use single squads of 6 people here, instead of 3 squads of 6 for total of 18 like in Hollow and Gaia). If you want some specific mechanics explained you can always ask here, since no one will write a catastrophic wall of text that would include everything.

Reactions: hoshimota

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
thanks, I'll check out frontier then... pretty sure hollow is the one I tried, and it definitely had the 3 squads thing which was part of what made it confusing.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
thanks, I'll check out frontier then... pretty sure hollow is the one I tried, and it definitely had the 3 squads thing which was part of what made it confusing.
Sure. What Hollow have over Frontier though - is in game access to description of all skills that units have (Frontier just have a bucket list in the tutorial section)

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
<I just realized I completely missed the tutorial on the main screen, I thought in a new game it would automatically attempt to give me a tutorial - let me dig through this and see if it answers my questions!>

Last edited:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
<I just realized I completely missed the tutorial on the main screen, I thought in a new game it would automatically attempt to give me a tutorial - let me dig through this and see if it answers my questions!>
I was about to go on explaining spree - But sure=) come back if there still questions left.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I was about to go on explaining spree - But sure=) come back if there still questions left.
By all means, feel free - anything you have to share would be useful to me. This game seems complex as hell. I just didn't want to be a douche asking a bunch of questions that are probably answered in the tutorial; I noticed the button for it as I closed out of the game.

How important are the choices you make during dialogue and/or events? For example, there was an event where Fena told me we captured some important prisoner so we have leverage to negotiate, I picked the 'release some of our prisoners' option but then it's not really clear what happened... did I actually gain anything?

Then a bit later there was an event where we fought the goddess (Tyrca) and I could choose between fight or retreat - I tried to pick retreat but it said she still killed a lot of my soldiers, however again it's unclear what the hell this actually means. I'm not aware of any overall troop count and the individual units you command don't seem to have like a number of troops.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
By all means, feel free - anything you have to share would be useful to me. This game seems complex as hell. I just didn't want to be a douche asking a bunch of questions that are probably answered in the tutorial; I noticed the button for it as I closed out of the game.

How important are the choices you make during dialogue and/or events? For example, there was an event where Fena told me we captured some important prisoner so we have leverage to negotiate, I picked the 'release some of our prisoners' option but then it's not really clear what happened... did I actually gain anything?

Then a bit later there was an event where we fought the goddess (Tyrca) and I could choose between fight or retreat - I tried to pick retreat but it said she still killed a lot of my soldiers, however again it's unclear what the hell this actually means. I'm not aware of any overall troop count and the individual units you command don't seem to have like a number of troops.

Those choices will give you points in different categories them being Law, Chaos and Affection (They are called Reign and Conquest in this game now that i checked, but it's still the same idea). Law and chaos scores affect the route that game will progress on, additionally certain medallions need certain amounts of law and chaos to be unlocked. Affection is needed for heroine endings. And while we on topic of endings - Mingle and training bars that heroines have also affect the endings they will be able to get. Training is corruption route, progressing to far on it will lock you out of more friendly events in mingle section and vise versa. Speaking from optimization point you want to get maximum amount of events possible without locking yourself out of your preferred route, but that is hard without knowing precise numbers. so up to you how you want to deal with that.

And For explaining - just give me the questions you have, it's easier for me to provide answers when i know what precise info you need.

Last edited:

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Why can't I make any of the higher end equipment? I started a new game, got to the event where you captured an important prisoner so you have some leverage, I asked for money for his release, and got $10k. Cool now I can buy some of the fancy rare weapons! ...Nope - it never shows 'buy' as available for anything above the basic 4 weapons/items for any given category. I noticed the rarer ones all say "material 1" so I thought OK maybe you need ore... (which is shown on the material tab.) I stopped auto-selling ore, and at this point I have multiple copper, iron, silver, AND GOLD, but still it will not let me buy any of these rarer items/weapons/armor. What am I missing?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Why can't I make any of the higher end equipment? I started a new game, got to the event where you captured an important prisoner so you have some leverage, I asked for money for his release, and got $10k. Cool now I can buy some of the fancy rare weapons! ...Nope - it never shows 'buy' as available for anything above the basic 4 weapons/items for any given category. I noticed the rarer ones all say "material 1" so I thought OK maybe you need ore... (which is shown on the material tab.) I stopped auto-selling ore, and at this point I have multiple copper, iron, silver, AND GOLD, but still it will not let me buy any of these rarer items/weapons/armor. What am I missing?
You are correct to assume that you need ores for equipment, but selling them actually turns them into available material (mentioned in the tutorial if you want to review this part), so you should keep selling them. But each takes 10 of a single kind of ore. To get more ore you need units with Bounty Hunter skill. higher grade of the skill makes enemies drop higher tier ores.
Alternatively you might want to build a treasure hunt team, High Treasure hunt will ensure better equipment drops, including those that you normally can buy for ores. Last thing that if you have 10 ores but still cant buy - check if you not trying to buy x10 (there are setting for x1 x4 and x10 )

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Is there a list somewhere that shows what all the abilities do/mean, when you add medals to a unit you are recruiting? For example I keep picking dragonstrike a lot because it jacks their ATK up... but for many of these, the exact effect is much less clear.

What determines who will attack who in battle? (trying to figure how to make my hardest hitters attack more/where most appropriate, and how to protect my weaker units like healers.)

On that note, what determines whether a unit attacks or does something else like using magic, healing, etc?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Is there a list somewhere that shows what all the abilities do/mean, when you add medals to a unit you are recruiting? For example I keep picking dragonstrike a lot because it jacks their ATK up... but for many of these, the exact effect is much less clear.

What determines who will attack who in battle? (trying to figure how to make my hardest hitters attack more/where most appropriate, and how to protect my weaker units like healers.)

On that note, what determines whether a unit attacks or does something else like using magic, healing, etc?
Once again there is a whole bucket list of what each ability do in tutorial section. my advice is to screenshot them and put them up on the second monitor (or just in folder on a desktop so you can alt tab into it to check)

For want determines attack - first you can direct the attack at someone you want to attack. after that a lot of different skills will go into calculation. like tanking skills that force you to attack certain unit, types of attack (there are single targets, different shaped AOEs and ranged attacks). After your target is defeated Auto targeting will likely target someone with the lowest defense stat. Also take note that unless your unit have ranged attack skill - it will take counter damage.

In regards to types of attacks - everyone just hit each other in the face with their attack stat (for normal attacks at least). Mages that have no real attack are usually dealing damage with their skills like AOE field skills that do DoT damage and different kinds of blasts. also they usually have "defense only" skill - it means that they would not go into face to face brawl and only use their skills. anything that is not part of hitting each other faces is skills. and they have their own trigger conditions.

Some commanders have special skills/tactics that you have to use manually though. (tactics screen in battle) those are manual. and you need Power to use them (you can see your current power right below power balance in the battle, pale blue line - recovered by dealing and taking damage or by some tactics)

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Tried patching the game to 1.0.9 and it just loads game as black screen. Any fix for this?

Edit: Uh foolish of me I DL the wrong patch lol.

Last edited:

shinka25

Aug 22, 2017
i need help, i can't play it, when i open it, it's only a black screen.
if i push esc then it appear a thing that say that i can go out from the game so it's not a thing that i can do.

shinka25

Aug 22, 2017
So I get a black screen when I attach the patch, what should I do?
I think i found the answer.
I just changed the patch, the etc, etc2 and deleted all the text documents and changed the file name to "VBFI"
and then the black screen just disappeared and i could play it.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes