4.20 star(s) 51 Votes

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Are you sure about that? For me the Trello shows that there are still six items in the 'Art Required' column.
True, sorry, I should've been more clear. The coding/making of the game was mostly done except for bug fixes and seemingly a better version of the combat system.
But yeah, you're right. It's not 100% done. But it's pretty damn close.

Also yes, he called me out specifically, and people have been asking if I might be tempted to continue the project.
I'm about to start a new study so I just don't think I'll have time. Also I don't have the money to pay for an artist, so I could continue the story in a direction I believe it was heading, and I could create new maps and such. But I would never be able to add scenes with new art. And I would work SLOW. Like, maybe a single release every 2 or 3 months.

TL;DR:
I could, but probably wont continue the game on my own because I don't have the time or money to do so.
Also you'd all hate me...

Reactions: Maericke
U

User_135940

True, sorry, I should've been more clear. The coding/making of the game was mostly done except for bug fixes and seemingly a better version of the combat system.
Yeah, I sort of figured that you meant that but I just wanted to be sure you didn't know something I didn't.

In response to you taking over the project:

I'd probably say just don't bother, if nothing else some other forum/imageboard (8chan's /hgg/ or /htg/ for example) might take over and be able to muster more people anyway and there's no need to create multiple forks. Also, like you said, we would need someone to do the art anyway and I doubt that Glassfish will be willing to do it for free.

Also (and I know I'm late to this) I wanted to say thank you Smurfy for your patches and your patience with all the people asking for help. I've been playing mods for Bethesda games for years and your temperament/dedication is better then a lot of mod authors who get more recognition/money than you do.

As a side note, what would you need to continue the project anyway? Do you just use RPGMaker VX Ace or are there some other tools you use in the creation of your patches? Would the Lite version of RPGM VX Ace work?

meifeng

Jun 10, 2017

Also yes, he called me out specifically, and people have been asking if I might be tempted to continue the project.
I'm about to start a new study so I just don't think I'll have time. Also I don't have the money to pay for an artist, so I could continue the story in a direction I believe it was heading, and I could create new maps and such. But I would never be able to add scenes with new art. And I would work SLOW. Like, maybe a single release every 2 or 3 months.

TL;DR:
I could, but probably wont continue the game on my own because I don't have the time or money to do so.
Also you'd all hate me...
I think it's fine smurfy your patches are appreciated,I think since the game has been abandoned and thr last version will be 0 8 I'd be great if you can do one last patch adding and fixing stuff for the game like the rest of your patches,since lots of people here,including myself really enjoy your patches/mods.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah, I sort of figured that you meant that but I just wanted to be sure you didn't know something I didn't.

In response to you taking over the project:

I'd probably say just don't bother, if nothing else some other forum/imageboard (8chan's /hgg/ or /htg/ for example) might take over and be able to muster more people anyway and there's no need to create multiple forks. Also, like you said, we would need someone to do the art anyway and I doubt that Glassfish will be willing to do it for free.

Also (and I know I'm late to this) I wanted to say thank you Smurfy for your patches and your patience with all the people asking for help. I've been playing mods for Bethesda games for years and your temperament/dedication is better then a lot of mod authors who get more recognition/money than you do.

As a side note, what would you need to continue the project anyway? Do you just use RPGMaker VX Ace or are there some other tools you use in the creation of your patches? Would the Lite version of RPGM VX Ace work?
1: Nope, I was just not clear in what I was talking about.

2: I do hope someone will pick it up and either try again or continue with what's there. And hell, if I have time I might continue to make patches ;D

3: You're welcome! :D But, to be fair, I got pretty close to posting "wtf are you even talking about?!" a couple times and had to take a breather to stay as calm as possible. I know for a fact I pissed off a couple people with my responses sometimes.

4: I only use RPGMaker VXAce and notepad++ for the text files (like the sex scene dialogue files, the text messages, etc.). I don't know if the Lite version would work... you could try but you might not be able to do everything.

I think it's fine smurfy your patches are appreciated,I think since the game has been abandoned and thr last version will be 0 8 I'd be great if you can do one last patch adding and fixing stuff for the game like the rest of your patches,since lots of people here,including myself really enjoy your patches/mods.
Depending on the content that 0.8.X (the patreon beta before the public release) I might do a patch for it, if not I might only do one for the 0.8 public release.
Also, thank you very much :D

Ken Moreno

May 16, 2017
So sad to see this game uncompleted it seems like this game is indeed cursed,hopefully someone picks it up and finishes it or something and I agree with everyone smurfy patches are great,Nergal said he will work on bugs so it probably best if smurfy works in the public version just so he doesnt have to be patching tons of versions like last time,and he can focus on modding,adding and fixing stuff from the public version that Nergal might miss or not get done.Also thanks a lot smurfy for everything especially for your hard work creating the patches and you do it for free that's truly to be admired.

Maericke

Aug 5, 2016
Him being Wootch was originally some tinfoil hat theory and now it's just devolved into a meme. I'm sad he won't finish this. This game is going to start feeling like the spider-man franchise if someone else comes along and tries to reboot it.

Ken Moreno

May 16, 2017
Him being Wootch was originally some tinfoil hat theory and now it's just devolved into a meme. I'm sad he won't finish this. This game is going to start feeling like the spider-man franchise if someone else comes along and tries to reboot it.
I hope someone just completes the game since Nergal will release all of the game to be edited,just want some proper closure ya know,I mean he was so close too it's a real shame.I would hate if someone rebooted from the beginning again.i don't think I can trust another dev rebooting it after woot h and Nergal let it die,completing it would be different

rykdragon

May 3, 2017
Both Incest Story and MILF Control from Icstor are marked as complete. Whether or not you like them isn't a factor of what is complete and what isn't.
Personally I can't stand the gameplay mechanics you're forced to do in either of those games (RPG battling and card battling). Which is a shame, because the models and animation aren't the worst and I'd like to see more. But playing through them is nothing but a chore for me.
SO nergal marked next update as complete, not 0.8, everything solved in your view, right? Someone release a intro and marked as complete and its ok. Because he said that, who we are to say no its not. Who cares our opinion, What we are say that doesnt matter. I think something wrong about this idea. I dont know what it is but may be you know.:FeelsBadMan:

My English suck, sorry.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
he is wootch don't let him trick you.
It's incredibly disingenuous to continue comparing Nergal to Wootch considering the consistency of his previous updates and the content that was being pumped out if one disregards his immediate retirement. Unless this is sarcasm I'm reading.

Zakutsa

Jun 11, 2017
It's a shame to see this game to die after a long year. It had so many potentials along with AZL.

Reading from Nergal's announcement for quitting, I don't blame him/her. It takes guts to say you going to quit in front of all your dedicated fans. It's not an easy thing, but it shouldn't be left in the dark. Unlike Wootch, Nergal promptly apologize for his/her sudden resignation and will help other in refunding or canceling the Pledge fee.

Hopefully one day, I would like to see Nergal come back and finish what he/she started.

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
SO nergal marked next update as complete, not 0.8, everything solved in your view, right? Someone release a intro and marked as complete and its ok. Because he said that, who we are to say no its not. Who cares our opinion, What we are say that doesnt matter. I think something wrong about this idea. I dont know what it is but may be you know.:FeelsBadMan:

My English suck, sorry.
Nergal is not marking 0.8 as complete, though. He's abandoning it, and is not even pretending otherwise. Your other argument is a strawman - no one would mark an intro as complete and expect people to believe it, and you know that. Both Incest Story and MILF Control had multiple updates before they were marked complete. You said that they didn't have enough content or story, so you personally don't consider them complete. That's fine; you're allowed to think that. But it doesn't affect the actual status of either game.
But enough about this. This is a Nergal thread, and I don't even really like the Icstor games, so I don't know why I'm defending them.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
So sad to see this game uncompleted it seems like this game is indeed cursed,hopefully someone picks it up and finishes it or something and I agree with everyone smurfy patches are great,Nergal said he will work on bugs so it probably best if smurfy works in the public version just so he doesnt have to be patching tons of versions like last time,and he can focus on modding,adding and fixing stuff from the public version that Nergal might miss or not get done.Also thanks a lot smurfy for everything especially for your hard work creating the patches and you do it for free that's truly to be admired.
I'll do it like I should have been doing it all this time. 2 Patches, 1 for the FINAL Beta version (so the last 0.8.X) and one for the public.
Obviously this all depends on what has been fixed in the new 0.8.X versions (both the beta and the public).
And I'll mainly be looking at it as patching, modding things in will depend on if Nergal will have any unused content in the releases that I can add because except for my easter egg that was added in the latest 0.7 SmurfyPatch I don't ADD content from scratch.
This might change with 0.8 because I wont have to fear that Nergal edits it out again after a next release like he's done before (which was obviously his choice to make) but I still doubt that I'll be modding the game much.
One thing I MIGHT do is finally fix the damn collision to stop you from walking through fucking walls! XD ;)

Reactions: Turkis and MystZER0

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
I'll do it like I should have been doing it all this time. 2 Patches, 1 for the FINAL Beta version (so the last 0.8.X) and one for the public.
Obviously this all depends on what has been fixed in the new 0.8.X versions (both the beta and the public).
And I'll mainly be looking at it as patching, modding things in will depend on if Nergal will have any unused content in the releases that I can add because except for my easter egg that was added in the latest 0.7 SmurfyPatch I don't ADD content from scratch.
This might change with 0.8 because I wont have to fear that Nergal edits it out again after a next release like he's done before (which was obviously his choice to make) but I still doubt that I'll be modding the game much.
One thing I MIGHT do is finally fix the damn collision to stop you from walking through fucking walls! XD ;)
That would be nice. Being able to walk through things always made the game feel cheaper.
A minor change I always wanted the most is having the mother start out already next to your bed in the mornings when she comes to wake you up. When you're playing for awhile, having to watch her walk from the ladder each and every time is excruciating and a waste of time.

Maericke

Aug 5, 2016
I hope someone just completes the game since Nergal will release all of the game to be edited,just want some proper closure ya know,I mean he was so close too it's a real shame.I would hate if someone rebooted from the beginning again.i don't think I can trust another dev rebooting it after woot h and Nergal let it die,completing it would be different
I feel you, but I respect the way he handled it letting everyone know well before hand and still finishing off the last build he was working on before he left. He communicated really well. Shit happens in life and the people getting mad at him don't seem to get that outside factors can make it impossible to do a job well.

If he comes back I'll support him again. For now I'm just glad at least he did basically finish 1 of the things he started and also, did it within the year too. That's really pretty good.

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
It's incredibly disingenuous to continue comparing Nergal to Wootch considering the consistency of his previous updates and the content that was being pumped out if one disregards his immediate retirement. Unless this is sarcasm I'm reading.
Hello wootch!

Ken Moreno

May 16, 2017
I feel you, but I respect the way he handled it letting everyone know well before hand and still finishing off the last build he was working on before he left. He communicated really well. Shit happens in life and the people getting mad at him don't seem to get that outside factors can make it impossible to do a job well.

If he comes back I'll support him again. For now I'm just glad at least he did basically finish 1 of the things he started and also, did it within the year too. That's really pretty good.
Me too I will keep supporting him if he ever comes back,I have tons of respect for him because he is one of the devs who always told the truth and delivered every month on time,it makes me sad that he is having life issues because he is a good person that also made so many more people also happy with his game,and in my opinion doesn't deserve what ever is happening in his life,its also a bit sad this will be the end to an amazing game that might never be completed unless Nergal comes back somedays,I truly just wish him the best luck he is one of the few devs I respect.

MystZER0

Apr 28, 2017
Anyone else noticed that nergal and wootch both stop working on the gane around 0.8 of the beta?

4.20 star(s) 51 Votes