4.20 star(s) 51 Votes

lexus33

Aug 16, 2016
For me nergal and wootch is the same person. Too much concurrence in the first version of his games.

Ken Moreno

May 16, 2017
To be honest with azl being almost done and not spending money on that game he could had spended the money to hire a coder for UD,I don't know I feel like something is missing that he is not telling us he just said personal problems, he just randomly said mkay bye to all 1k patreons who gave me your money,got problems (he could had taken a break,hired someone,update slowly but to just droo it ,I feel like something is missing.why all the sudden. He just leaves.

Reactions: styggtuff12

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Haha, yeah that was me. Created the account just so I could post that! XD

I was never as big of a fan of AZL as I was UD, but I totally agree. And yes, I wish him the best of luck with whatever he has going on and maybe one day he'll return.
UD was ok, but I never got into the story as much as I did AZL. Overall I thought he could have done more with both games, or at least finish one before trying to do two when you are actually doing content for both. At least one of these could have been done by now. Whatever though, at least he was open and consistent, not sure what the reason is he is stopping so I am sad to see these left unfinished.

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
@SmurfyBlue What were you banned for?
I think it was because I got tired of the fact he wasn't answering ANY of the different ways I had tried to get in contact with him, so I started posting directly on his patreon page about things like bugs/errors I found in the code.
I was trying to get a "right, this guy, I should contact him" out of him, but got a "fuck this guy, let's ban him" instead. Which was totally in his right, and I did indeed go a bit far by posting stuff like that in the public.

UD was ok, but I never got into the story as much as I did AZL. Overall I thought he could have done more with both games, or at least finish one before trying to do two when you are actually doing content for both. At least one of these could have been done by now. Whatever though, at least he was open and consistent, not sure what the reason is he is stopping so I am sad to see these left unfinished.
I do agree, he should've tried going one at a time instead of working on 2 projects at the same time.
But on the other hand, it was still quality for the most part when it came to both projects.
Also, technically AZL is finished. If you check the Trello you can see that he was only fixing/fine-tuning things.

The final update is on August 25th right?
That is indeed what Nergal is saying. So that's what we're hoping for.
He also said he'll still do some bug-fixing for 0.8 and if he ends those too early I'll do a couple SmurfyPatch updates. ;D

Reactions: crazybeaver

rykdragon

May 3, 2017
Icstor has a few games completed as well.
Incest adv. completed but how did it end? MC fucked everyone at the end write "the end". There was no story, there was no end. Robo something like that either. I didnt play milf control. It had a story may be had a real end.

Few patreon finished his game. I dont count icstor one of them. Tons of patreon games are in this forum. How many of them finished? 0.7 0.4 0.8 and lots of 0.1... Im happy to be pirate.:FeelsGoodMan:

I like icstor game but it doesnt mean that game has a good story or real ends. Good cg-char and good fantasy. In my opinion they didnt complete.

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Incest adv. completed but how did it end? MC fucked everyone at the end write "the end". There was no story, there was no end. Robo something like that either. I didnt play milf control. It had a story may be had a real end.

Few patreon finished his game. I dont count icstor one of them. Tons of patreon games are in this forum. How many of them finished? 0.7 0.4 0.8 and lots of 0.1... Im happy to be pirate.:FeelsGoodMan:

I like icstor game but it doesnt mean that game has a good story or real ends. Good cg-char and good fantasy. In my opinion they didnt complete.
Both Incest Story and MILF Control from Icstor are marked as complete. Whether or not you like them isn't a factor of what is complete and what isn't.
Personally I can't stand the gameplay mechanics you're forced to do in either of those games (RPG battling and card battling). Which is a shame, because the models and animation aren't the worst and I'd like to see more. But playing through them is nothing but a chore for me.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
From Nergal's most recent post

Just wanted to clear a few things up, about my last post based on some of the comments I have read.
Why don't you close your patreon, if you're REALLY leaving (scammer)?

My patreon will remain open for one reason, and that's to stop someone else from stealing the url. Someone could then potentially scam people, by stealing the url and pretend to be me "returning". I wanted to switch to the pay per release scheme (to ensure no one gets charged), but once you've set up pay on pledge, you can't undo it (and can't change payment scheme.)

So I'll be offering a refund to anyone who pledges next month (and beyond). I don't want people's hard earned money coming to me, when I'm not creating the content they expect.

But what if you DO return, how will I know?

I very much doubt I will any time soon. But if I do, just follow this patreon account instead of pledging, I believe you get the same updates.

What of A Zombie's Life 1.0? Will you release it?

I'll try get a more finalised version done by the end of this weekend. However it won't be in a state I would have wanted. I'll make this version available to public.

What about Urban Demons 0.8? Will that be public?

It will follow the usual method. 2 weeks after the beta release, I'll set the post to public.

When should I cancel my pledge?

Cancel it whenever, you should still have access to the post I will put up on Friday even if you cancel the pledge now.

What if we want to keep pledging to you?

Please don't.

But you make SO MUCH MONEY how can you walk away from that?

This has never, at any point, been my job. And I personally don't make that much money, the patreon makes that money. My take after everything is very small, not enough to actually live on (where I live at least). To get an idea of how much I've taken away, look at my "1 Year post" .

This seems so sudden, just a minute ago you were planning other things for UD/AZL/Future Project, is this just a whim?

Some things in life can happen very suddenly and they can be very life changing.

So you're leaving because of X/Y/Z?

No. You don't know the reason I'm leaving and I will keep it that way. It's private, but know I wouldn't be leaving if it weren't important and required the majority of my attention in my spare time.

I think putting "personal issues" was a mistake on my part, poor choice of words that made people jump to some conclusions. I think the word "private" would have been more apt than "personal".

How can you let your Patrons down?

No one feels worse about that than me I assure you.

I want to mod your game, can I?

Yes. I will be releasing unencrypted versions of both games, so people can patch/mod as they please. (Yes, even you SmurfyBlue.)

Can I take over the creation of A Zombie's Life/ Urban Demons?

I will not be officially endorsing anyone taking over these projects, however I can't (nor will I try to) stop anyone from doing so unofficially. But the only place for official work will be here, if I return.

You're Wootch aren't you? Just admit it already!

No. If I was Wootch, I'd just take your money without pre-warning. Without this post. Without any communication what so ever. Also, if I was Wootch, do you think we'd be on the 0.8 build, just from the start of the year? Don't be an idiot.

Anyway, I think that answers most of the common questions I seen. But the majority of comments I have seen have been well wishes and gratitude, and I am overwhelmed by the majority of support I have received, and I really appreciate it. Thank you all again.

- Nergal

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I do agree, he should've tried going one at a time instead of working on 2 projects at the same time.
But on the other hand, it was still quality for the most part when it came to both projects.
Also, technically AZL is finished. If you check the Trello you can see that he was only fixing/fine-tuning things.
Oh, can't argue with the quality. The animations were well done, and the coding, overall, was better than I would have expected so I give him props for keeping two going. Yet, we could have had one done and another well on its way if he kept on the original trajectory. Though I think its more of the Patreon system where there might be some peer pressure to release more to those who pledge more, or provide more varied games as a bonus. I see it too much to think its just a coincidence that we end up with multiple games at some point.

I didn't get the feeling that AZL ended the way it should, but yeah if its worked on so you can end it mostly (I saw lots of issues before so I didn't bother) maybe they are fixed now. If so, awesome.

Seeing Nergal's last post I wonder if he's giving you permission to keep going with UD. That's would be interesting...

Reactions: SmurfyBlue

CyberBlader

Aug 8, 2016
I think it is a fact he is giving us the all clear in continuing or adding stuff into the game. Now the difficult part is having the new art from Glass to expand the game even more, if possible.

U

User_135940

Are you sure about that? For me the Trello shows that there are still six items in the 'Art Required' column.

4.20 star(s) 51 Votes