4.20 star(s) 51 Votes

crazybeaver

May 4, 2017
can someone tell me whats the major differences between orginal, Xalenda and Chilly mods?
Well, 8.2.4 From Chilly have more NPCs, more dialogs, more scenes, less bugs. PRAISE CHILLY! Xalenda and other mods adds something, like new art styles or forsed corruption way + NPCs.

Reactions: bernthal

crazybeaver

May 4, 2017
0.10a2 - Where is a beach scenes? What for we have a cameras? "Is that all? Its looks like 9.2.4, not even 9.5" Sorry? Nergal - but its my opinion.

NIKI87

Jun 3, 2017
What the hell is this broken piece of crap? Won't even start, after name input i got

script 'Lightning Effects' line 281: RGSSError occured.

disposed bitmap

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
0.10a2 - Where is a beach scenes? What for we have a cameras? "Is that all? Its looks like 9.2.4, not even 9.5" Sorry? Nergal - but its my opinion.
What the hell is this broken piece of crap? Won't even start, after name input i got

script 'Lightning Effects' line 281: RGSSError occured.

disposed bitmap
It's an A-L-P-H-A release.
Those are not made to play. They are for testing if things work or not, a proof of concept...

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
The overworld rework is a great timesaver. No more walking up and down the city just to see if anybody's in the bar at some particular time of day. And pleasant surprise, no game-killing bugs either so far. Just a few typos, minor GUI cropping issues during Donna's scenes, minor continuity errors, and a few missing text files for the corruption route. Will give it another shot if the beta comes out, but this was a pretty painless (and hot) playthrough.

Edit: Just wish they'd kept the time-skip cheat from the last build, or at least made the TV accessible on weekdays as well.

dingo4life

Oct 20, 2016
Well, 8.2.4 From Chilly have more NPCs, more dialogs, more scenes, less bugs. PRAISE CHILLY! Xalenda and other mods adds something, like new art styles or forsed corruption way + NPCs.
Wait so we got two people who quit on this project and now a third with a completely different art style working on it? This game sounds like a total mess.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Wait so we got two people who quit on this project and now a third with a completely different art style working on it? This game sounds like a total mess.
Where'd you get that from? The timeline for the game may be messy, but the product is pretty cohesive. Extended breaks aside, one guy has been working on this game since the beginning.

All the mods that were made were because the game was that promising, and they assumed it was dormant at the time. None of them are required playing material. Whether it gets finished or not, IMO it's still in the top tier of RPGM games around here. People seem to be mostly pissed about the protracted dev time, but as a non-Patron, I've got no skin in the game. So whatever gets put out is a bonus.

Well it doesn't work, i tried 6 times and every time it crashes after name input with an error message.
Try reinstalling the VX Ace RTP. I had a few issues getting it to run initially, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the RTP, it's all been smooth so far.

NIKI87

Jun 3, 2017
Where'd you get that from? The timeline for the game may be messy, but the product is pretty cohesive. Extended breaks aside, one guy has been working on this game since the beginning.

All the mods that were made were because the game was that promising, and they assumed it was dormant at the time. None of them are required playing material. Whether it gets finished or not, IMO it's still in the top tier of RPGM games around here. People seem to be mostly pissed about the protracted dev time, but as a non-Patron, I've got no skin in the game. So whatever gets put out is a bonus.

Try reinstalling the VX Ace RTP. I had a few issues getting it to run initially, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the RTP, it's all been smooth so far.
I will try it, thanks.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Timeline is as such:

Wootch starts to create a game called UrbanXLife - it gets to a v.0.2 build, has some art and scenes, and then he buggers off. People are pissed. Along comes Nergal who thinks to himself "Ooh, this looks good, I can make it better", and hires a new artist to make the game over, this time under a new name.

Nergal works diligently on it for some time, getting up to a 0.7 release before he starts to get distracted / lose health / go crazy, so he stops for a time. He eventually releases a 0.8 release. No word has arrived on bug fixes or patches for the game. People are pissed.

ChillyScholar arrives in the forums and starts to mod the game, fixing problems, adding in some new events, mostly for a lark. It begins to take on a life of its own, and the mod becomes a standalone download, separate from the original. People praise him for his work, and his additions to the game, including his own characters, artwork, scenes and dialogues.

Xalenda is just some nobody who thinks "Man, this game is so boring - I wanna be evil, damnit!" and changes the game for his own use. Other people share the same sentiment, and he releases his version for a laugh, with a reworked emphasis on Corruption being more sadistic and cruel than a simple re-working of the Purity line.

ChillyScholar decides he's had enough, releases one final update, and then disappears to start working on his own game.
Nergal decides he's ready to release an alpha build, and does so for his patrons.
Xalenda decides to keep doing his own thing, irrespective of the original creator(s).

As for the artwork: Nergal has commissioned Glassfish (All hail the wonderful creator~) to do the art for the game. ChillyScholar creates his own characters in her style, places them into his mod. Xalenda can't draw for crap, so he just steals assets because he's a monster.

Hope that clears things up for you!

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
Timeline is as such:

Wootch starts to create a game called UrbanXLife - it gets to a v.0.2 build, has some art and scenes, and then he buggers off. People are pissed. Along comes Nergal who thinks to himself "Ooh, this looks good, I can make it better", and hires a new artist to make the game over, this time under a new name.

Nergal works diligently on it for some time, getting up to a 0.7 release before he starts to get distracted / lose health / go crazy, so he stops for a time. He eventually releases a 0.8 release. No word has arrived on bug fixes or patches for the game. People are pissed.

ChillyScholar arrives in the forums and starts to mod the game, fixing problems, adding in some new events, mostly for a lark. It begins to take on a life of its own, and the mod becomes a standalone download, separate from the original. People praise him for his work, and his additions to the game, including his own characters, artwork, scenes and dialogues.

Xalenda is just some nobody who thinks "Man, this game is so boring - I wanna be evil, damnit!" and changes the game for his own use. Other people share the same sentiment, and he releases his version for a laugh, with a reworked emphasis on Corruption being more sadistic and cruel than a simple re-working of the Purity line.

ChillyScholar decides he's had enough, releases one final update, and then disappears to start working on his own game.
Nergal decides he's ready to release an alpha build, and does so for his patrons.
Xalenda decides to keep doing his own thing, irrespective of the original creator(s).

As for the artwork: Nergal has commissioned Glassfish (All hail the wonderful creator~) to do the art for the game. ChillyScholar creates his own characters in her style, places them into his mod. Xalenda can't draw for crap, so he just steals assets because he's a monster.

Hope that clears things up for you!
why the hate towards xalenda?

Dooble

May 3, 2018
Just some new Donna stuff, the school, and the map? Is that all that's new? A bummer that the pool stuff isn't in yet, from those livestreams it's looking pretty good.

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
I got several errors relating to not being able to find certain dialogues attached to purity routes for a few characters. I.e. Mrs. Jennings' babysitting is completely missing for corruption and purity and Donna's school ride also missing for purity. A quick way to fix this would be to just create dupes of the existing ones and rename so every encounter has 0.txt - 5.txt (which I did for some scenes, not all)
Probably could dodge crashes regarding Neala's bust not being found by replacing it with someone else's bust for the time being.

Otherwise it was actually really great to visit this game again, got a few hours of gameplay and it didn't feel like senseless grinding for once.

4.20 star(s) 51 Votes