Mod Urban Demons [L0R3M's Mod]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Oct 9, 2022
after i pick up the uphone it keeps telling me to use it on my mom in the shower but she's not there. Also no matter what I do I can't enter any where in the city.

• Haha
Reactions: Drededkref

Berra111_

Apr 26, 2023
I play this mod in joiplay and i confused about the control in this game, can someone explain to me about control in this game?

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
TLDR at bottom of post

Also, sorry to everyone about the lack of updates. I've haven't been really motivated to work on the mod because of this as well as a few other things like feature creep. But, you'll be glad to hear that I'm back to working on the mod but at a much smaller scale for the time being.

My current plan is to focus on just making a 'gallery viewer'. So at least, people will be able to:
  • View the game at higher resolution/window sizes. I decided on 1280 x 960 as the new window size since that's the resolution used for the scenes. This also means that the game will now be rendered in 4:3 instead of 16:9, so the scenes will no longer be squished and stretched to fit the window which leads to...

• Improved visual quality of scenes. Like I said just before, because the scenes are now being rendered at their native resolution, they'll no longer be squished and stretched. As a result of this, there are little to no visual artifacts. You can find a comparison .

• Reduced file size. Most, if not all the scenes from the original have duplicating frames that usually take up half of all frames. I've found that removing the duplicates does not have a significant impact on the scene so they can be removed to reduce size. I have not done extensive checking however, so if it's found later that the duplicate frames make the scene look better, they can be easily added back into the scene. If you're interested in the size reduction, you'll find some basic calculations towards the bottom of this post.

• Mobile support.

• Support for playing with one hand. ;)

• Not really a feature, but I'm making sure that every set of choices in the gallery will allow you to go back to the previous set of options. (Maybe it's just me, but I've always found it a little annoying when I'm going to view a scene in the gallery and when I've tried to go back, it either launches a scene I didn't want to watch or just exit the window entirely. That shouldn't be an issue anymore.)

• Clearer options. Sometimes finding the scene you want can be difficult, whether that be because of the way the scene has been named, or because it's hidden in another section of the dialogue tree. In conjunction with my previous point, this can be quite frustrating, so I'm working on making the options clearer. I'm also making sure you can select each variation of the dialogue so you can view the scene in the varying stages of corruption. Here' a comparison of selecting Dizzy's alternative standing fuck at her apartment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Size Calculations

Dizzy has 14 scenes (if you count the cum scenes as separate from the main scene) which comes to 94.3MB before removing duplicates and 54.7Mb after removing duplicates. My scenes folder is 6.27GB with duplicated removed from Dizzy, as well as a few other scenes I can't recall so to be generous, we'll say that before removing duplicates, the total size comes to 6.5GB.

BD = Before removing duplicates
AD = After removing duplicates
m = multiplier
TS = Total size
RS = Reduced size

BD = 94.3MB
AD = 54.7MB
m = BD / AD = 94.3 / 54.7 = 1.72

TS = 6.5GB

RS = TS / m = 6.5 / 1.72
RS = 3.78GB

So, based on my calculations, we could expect a decrease in size of just under 3GB. I will mention however that I am unsure of how large the final project will be considering there will also be backgrounds, busts, fan art, etc.

Also, for those of you wondering, I also tried out upscaling the images to 1920 x 1080 but I found that there was no difference and it wasn't worth the increased file size.

The scene I tested used 30 frames and came to a size of 4.56MB, after upscaling it came out to 46.8MB. We'll assume that my scene folder comes out to the 3.78GB we see in the previous calculation

BU = Before upscaling
AU = After upscaling
m = Multiplier
TS = Total size
US = Upscaled size

BU = 4.56MB
AU = 46.8MB
m = AU/BU = 46.8 / 4.56 = 10.26

TS = 3.78GB

US = TS x m = 3.78 x 10.26 =38.78GB (Considering how high this is and how tired I am at the time of writing, I feel like I may have made a mistake here. Feel free to let me know if you think so.)

So, based on my calculations, the size of Dizzy scene folder would balloon to just under 40GB and it sure as hell ain't worth it.

TLDR

For the time being, the scale of the project has been reduced to just a gallery viewer. I'd like to finish the whole game, but I won't make any promises. You can expect to see:
  • Adjustable window and higher resolution.
  • Improved scene quality.
  • One-handed controls. ;)
  • Mobile support.
  • Better gallery system.
  • Reduced file size.

I would also like to mention that even though the current scale of the project has been reduced, it will still take quite some time for a finished product to be released so please be patient.

And I think that's everything. If I realise I've forgotten something or you think I should add some extra info to this post, I'll edit this post to include it. And again, I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates, and for reduced scope of the project.

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
Much respect from boku-kun for making this mod but tbh it shouldn't be linked in original Urban Demons topic because of 0 gameplay, you know not everyone is fluent in English, we are simple people, we saw Urban Demons, we love that.
Yeah, sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, I had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Jurifeet

Coal

Nov 24, 2017
does that require the proof of concept to copy over or just a download and extract?

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
does that require the proof of concept to copy over or just a download and extract?
I added the github repository so that people can see what I'm doing, so it's just the project files and there's no exe for you to run the game and pasting it over the proof of concept would likely just break things.

So, I guess the answer to your question is just download and extract, but you won't be able play it straight out the box. However, if you own RPG Maker MZ, there's nothing stopping you from downloading the files and deploying it your self for an early sneak peek.

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
github page is down
Sorry, turns out Github doesn't allow adult content on their site and as such, suspended my account. I've contacted support and promised to remove the repo and all adult content from my account so I'm hoping they'll let me off with a warning. So, no more Github uploads unfortunately.

Sep 22, 2019
Sorry, turns out Github doesn't allow adult content on their site and as such, suspended my account. I've contacted support and promised to remove the repo and all adult content from my account so I'm hoping they'll let me off with a warning. So, no more Github uploads unfortunately.
is it possible to upload it on mega?

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
is it possible to upload it on mega?
this is just an upload of the current project and not a playable game. You'll need RPGMaker MZ if you want to actually open it and play around.

Last edited:

BoycottedGuy

Feb 17, 2018
for games with adult content, is normally used, it's like github but without those prudish rules

• Red Heart
Reactions: L0R3M
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote