• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine Abandoned Unreal Beasthunter [v0.2] [Beasthunter]

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Got disappointed because of unfinish game, ended up finding a better game ''bioasshard'' in your signature, thanks alot never heard of this game before KEKW
Its early phase and like I said it is proof of concept. I get disappointed with unfinished games only when it has been abandoned or when devs get scammy and shows miniscule updates only once every few months. Glad I could spread the word also I forgot to link it to the thread but its fixed now.

Reactions: _NAMELESS_

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
... and shows miniscule updates only once every few months ...
Not to argue. But what about a ton of changes behind the scenes? A developer can write thousands of lines of code that will manage content and help to create a new content only in a few months.

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
It is impossible to judge how much work has been done just by the visual content you see in the project.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Not to argue. But what about a ton of changes behind the scenes? A developer can write thousands of lines of code that will manage content and help to create a new content only in a few months.
It is impossible to judge how much work has been done just by the visual content you see in the project.
I said that with games like Pure Onyx in mind. I used to pledge to them but now I'll just lurk here and see if the final revision is worth buying.

Also not to argue too but if you have people actively backing you up in good hope its kinda like moral obligation to keep them constantly updated to return the favor at the very least. I've seen devs like that even gives a little context on their current real life situation if development has slowed down. All I'm saying is don't leave your supporters in the dark.

Reactions: dilphin

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
You guys obviously missed the proof of concept bit. This version is literally just proof that this project exists and if any of you even bothered to at least take a peak at their patreon, the post titles are enough, its kinda hard to miss that this is pretty early in its development phase and they are still working on it. Ya'll might want to use the completed tag to filter threads you see and save yourselves some time. And what's so bad about using premade assets? Not good enough for you?
I'm perfectly fine playing games that aren't completed. Seeing "0.2" is enough to tell me it's in early development. I'm not filtering out incompleted games just because I have personal opinions on the quality of a game, even in early stages. (I haven't previously commented in here, and I know you were responding to people whining, but just saying, the idea that someone should filter out incompleted games to save you from reading their opinions is a bit absurd.)

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
You guys obviously missed the proof of concept bit. This version is literally just proof that this project exists and if any of you even bothered to at least take a peak at their patreon, the post titles are enough, its kinda hard to miss that this is pretty early in its development phase and they are still working on it. Ya'll might want to use the completed tag to filter threads you see and save yourselves some time. And what's so bad about using premade assets? Not good enough for you?
I'm extremely supportive of devs. I'm hardly ever negative on this fourm. But it's not the best look having a bunch of models that isn't theirs as their Patreon banner. It's not necessarily a bad thing, people need to start somewhere.

Considering scams are a thing; there isn't much telling me or others that this isn't one just from a quick skim at said Patreon. Actually, the more I look, the more red flags I see. A newer Patreon already planning a reward tier for up to $100 a month. If it's not Nigerian prince bait, it's naïve to think that you need to prep for one person dropping that every month.

I keep re-reading and looking to see if I'm too harsh. Maybe I'm just irritated seeing RyanReos' model next to the untextured spaghetti monster, not trying to be mean, but it is funny looking. My post was the only real negative one, yet there was a bit of a defense bandwagon. Good to see honestly with the negativity of the internet but also a bit quick on the draw.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon241

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
OMG

if you think it can't go further downhill something surprising comes around :D

People are very harsh to new game ideas... A lot of negativity for a new project. Just chill on the negativity, not everything online has to be hateful. Save that stuff for actual scammers and not indie devs putting themselves out in the world.
I hope you really know the definition of INDIE DEV

Last edited:

ElsaEraser

Sep 9, 2018
Could you pleeeease disable the vr plugin if you don't supply an valid vr implementation? It makes the not playable if you have an Oculus VR headset connected.