3.40 star(s) 20 Votes

Blortz

Jan 15, 2018
I've noticed the last shot in the rocket launcher salvo always fires backwards. I can understand why they'd do that but wouldn't a better version be to add a backdraft effect that damages enemies in a small area behind with each shot?

• Haha
Reactions: Forge Wright

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Gotta say, this game was pretty fun... but...

They really should have done something more with the balancing. Frederica being THE most busted character in the group and the one you want to use the most to farm because she's the only one that gets a bonus to Gene Point earnings is not ok in my opinion. Elfriede being basically useless until you upgrade her armor because her starting weapon is weak and she's slow as a snail is also not good. You'd think Yotsuha and Hilde would at least stand out, the former with her high Growth Rate and the latter with her high damage and crit...

But all of that still comes down to farming GP, and Frederica does that the best, and her Talents make it the least painful because Gatling is the most OP weapon evah.

Btw... did anyone figure out what the point is for Free Mode? I don't think anyone's gonna rush through the story without unlocking everything anyway... so I don't see the point of it, especially since it gives you a full Arsenal and all unlocked talents... but it removes all the Cell Gear upgrades, which means you have to farm for them all over again. -_-"

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Btw... did anyone figure out what the point is for Free Mode?
To obtain obtain and play with last weapon, cause in Story mode when you finish last map and obtain this weapon, game ended at that moment and you can't test that weapon even. Deleted the game then Story mode was finished though.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
To obtain obtain and play with last weapon, cause in Story mode when you finish last map and obtain this weapon, game ended at that moment and you can't test that weapon even. Deleted the game then Story mode was finished though.
You mean the Bombard Alpha and Bombard Beta weapons that you can get in the last two maps on the Ice Field? You can absolutely get them both and use them before ending the game. It's all a matter of how you handle things... and I honestly expect most players that are new to the genre, but stick to it, to end up doing what I did.

Basically, you don't HAVE to rescue all three girls ASAP. Primarily, you need to rescue Hilde from the Hills to unlock the Armory and Frederica from the Desert to unlock the Cell Gear upgrades... but there's nothing stopping you from doing 30 minute deploys in the Hills and Desert after that to unlock the weapons and passives in all six areas. This will leave those areas with an exploration rating of 80%. You don't need to do this for all areas before rescuing Eldfriede, just one.

Now, the trick is that once you rescue her, you'll get the Hyperdrive fix mission... but you don't have to do it in any specific order... which lets you leave any previously cleaned areas for last... like say, an Easy Hills mission, or anything at all really.

You can do the areas in any order, max out the girls, and leave that one area for last and collect the Hyperdrive from it whenever it's convenient for you.

As a side note, the Bombard Alpha and Beta weapons combine with the Speed passive to form their Superweapon, which frees up a weapon slot and opens it up for another basic weapon. The Superweapon in question also has 8 or 9 levels, I don't remember exactly, which makes builds aiming for it the ones that need the highest possible levels. Neither the basic weapons nor the advanced version felt all that great though... They're turret types, but I didn't test to see if they benefited from Frederica's talent, and their attack pattern and area of effect is... weird.

They fire projectiles that explode in a specific area, at the destination, and the projectiles do damage ONLY when they explode, not during travel. Combined with a complete inability to aim the thing, whether it hits anything or not will depend a lot on luck outside of big clumps of enemies in ideal range... and even then you can't guarantee that the stupid thing won't fire on the one enemy that's in perfect range at the time, rather than the clump of enemies that will be in explosion range.

So yeah... not a fan... especially since the Speed passive is the most useless of the lot for anyone other than Elfriede, and Elfriede doesn't benefit from this weapon in any way as far as I can tell.

This leaves the Rocket Funnel as the only weapon that can't evolve in any way... unless there's a secret evolution for it that isn't tracked in the Armory. I doubt it... but it'd be neat if that was the case.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
You mean the Bombard Alpha and Bombard Beta weapons that you can get in the last two maps on the Ice Field? You can absolutely get them both and use them before ending the game. It's all a matter of how you handle things...
So no point to play after Story Mode at all if you not hooked by gameplay.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
So no point to play after Story Mode at all if you not hooked by gameplay.
Pretty much. Oh, and I just checked out of curiosity. They don't just reset your cell gear upgrades. They also reset your obtained weapons and passives in Free mode. So you have to re-explore all the regions and shite from zero. Again... But All the weapons and passives are shown as Unlocked in the Arsenal tab, so you don't actually know what you do and don't have.

Which makes Free mode like a slightly less annoying New Game+... I say slightly less annoying because you do keep all unlocked Talents, which makes things a lot easier. Just get Growth from the 1st Easy Hills region, and then farm with Frederica again...

Not much point in it though. Not like the game has any achievements or anything...

perleflamme

May 7, 2017
Guys, help with the bug, the bullet hits the enemy and the counter winds up the kills to infinity while the enemies generally stop paying attention to me and the main heroine stops shooting
Same, some says that putting your unicode in japanese fix it, But My Os is in Japanese for decades and I still have the same error message "FormatException : Input string was not in a correct format"

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Same, some says that putting your unicode in japanese fix it, But My Os is in Japanese for decades and I still have the same error message "FormatException : Input string was not in a correct format"
it's not about OS language, it's about format which OS using by default. For example which divider to use . or , for numbers, how display date, time and many other things. If you even using Japanese format, but changed some options they also can produce that bug in game.

Reactions: perleflamme

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Here is the patch for the bug that causes FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format error in version 2.4 of the game without changing the system settings.
Usual symptoms are damage numbers crowding in a single point, heroine stops shooting, no loot, and enemies stopping spawning while the above text repeatedly shows in the game console (that's called by pressing F10).

To apply it unpack the .cmd file to where the game .exe is and run it.

Last edited:

Bandi

Jun 17, 2017
Is there any patch to fix the game freezing every minute when new enemies spawn? It's incredibly aggravating and definitely makes me more inclined to play any other Vampire Survivors type game.

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Bandi: My guess it'd be impossible to fix in any easy way because the game probably loads some assets from disk at those times and its game files are huge. The solution is to try either play from SSD or from RAM disk if you have >16GB RAM.

sunkenfleet

Mar 21, 2019
Is there a list of what accessory pairs with what weapon to make super weapons somewhere? Trying to guess is terrible

Blortz

Jan 15, 2018
Is there a list of what accessory pairs with what weapon to make super weapons somewhere? Trying to guess is terrible
The weapon list that unlocks with the captain lady lines up all of the weapons, passives and ultimates on 3 rows. The weapon and passive combos to unlock the ultimates are all lined up, so if you see a weapon on the top and a passive right below, those are what go together.

Reactions: kilua88

Habutaki117

Nov 24, 2020
Overall a very fun and addictive game. 7/10 if you like grinding and farming; 3/10 if you don't.

Biggest issue is game balance and progression. The only meaningful progression are getting new weapons and passive, and getting the evolving gene for your cell gear upgrade. Both are exceedingly difficult at the start of the game because you need both to get through the 20 mins part for any meaningful progress, therefore giving you a catch-22 problem (you need weapons and stuff for better survival; better survival requires good weapons and stuff). Evolving gene drop is abysmal as well.

The game will be infinitely better if 1) killing enemies and the blue orb collected also contribute to some evolving genes, maybe 5-10%; 2) unlock cell gear and arsenal at the beginning, instead of locking behind the pink hair girl; 3) more background story, more world building; 4) more H-scenes

3.40 star(s) 20 Votes