• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN HTML Abandoned Unforgettable Dinner [v2.03] [Xtryptic Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
We had an update a few days ago:

Mid-July Musings

Hiya - MM here, the writer. Just wanted to express appreciation for you as you support our efforts and we continue to strive to provide you with quality content. I'm working out the last few sections of The Club while Max is on a brief and well-earned vacation.

I know that we plan on upgrading the look of our products, both in terms of presentation and art, so that we're back on the cutting edge of graphical impact. We're also looking at changing some of the models. I'm incorporating a point system in The Club that has been there since I started to write it, so I'm confident it will turn out much better than the Dinner attempt at a point system which was fairly much tacked-on after the writing was done. This time the point system will be enjoyable and integral.

We're also looking at different narrative points of view. We've had strong opinions expressed here and on other sites supporting first person, some supporting second person, and some supporting third person. We've had strong opinions opposing first person, opposing second person, and opposing third person. I think I've come to the conclusion that I've just got to write in the style and point of view that I can write best in getting across the experiences I'm trying to paint in collaboration with my partner. I've been wringing my hands trying to figure out how to please every one in every way, and that's just not possible. So, I'm going to settle on what I do best and hope those efforts are good enough to continue to earn your support.

Coming up, I think we're going to allow patrons of a certain level and/or duration the chance to influence which looks we use for some of the main characters in The Club. I haven't talked to Max yet about that (sorry, Max!), but I hate making assumptions about what you, our most prized consumers, want from us in terms of the art.

Well, I just wanted to drop a line and again express how much I appreciate your continued support - especially during times that are so uncertain. Still, things seem to be looking up, generally, and I hope they are for all of you as well.

MM

Note- There will be an August release. There will be a new path and a set of new images added to a portion of Dinner. That seemed to be one thing that was almost universally requested, and we're aiming to do that for our patrons as I nail down the text for the new stuff. Max is also in the process of fixing some of the code on Unforgettable to improve that experience.
Sounds like we're going to get a update in August and that there are big plans for the future.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
V201.png
Hi friends,

Unforgettable Dinner v2.01 became public and the downloadable version is here.

Online version update

Webp(941.6 MB):

JPG(1.49 GB):

Content:
- 113 new frames bringing Claire back to Jim's house after Kayleigh leaves.
- Extra scenes section recreated (online only): choose the image on the carousel, click on the name to play.
- Export/Import saves feature added, you can know save your progress on your favorite folder.
- Customizable text, you can change color, size, shadow... pick what is best for you.
- Score fixed but not blocking choices yet.

Now an exclusivity of this version: we started to replace all older images with a new version with improved. In this version we replaced all 121 images from V0.01. Below is an example of the visual impact, all 121 images underwent a similar change:
SheSpilledHerWineSheIsRightHereWeAreCleaningItUp04.png
SheSpilledHerWineSheIsRightHereWeAreCleaningItUp04.png

And at least, we created the 4K scene for the next month, the image is related with Claire next content (low resolution attached).
Webp.netCompressClaireInvite.jpg

Thank you for sharing

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
View attachment 1380530
Hi friends,

Unforgettable Dinner v2.01 became public and the downloadable version is here.

Online version update

Webp(941.6 MB): Mega

JPG(1.49 GB): Mega

Content:
- 113 new frames bringing Claire back to Jim's house after Kayleigh leaves.
- Extra scenes section recreated (online only): choose the image on the carousel, click on the name to play.
- Export/Import saves feature added, you can know save your progress on your favorite folder.
- Customizable text, you can change color, size, shadow... pick what is best for you.
- Score fixed but not blocking choices yet.

Now an exclusivity of this version: we started to replace all older images with a new version with improved. In this version we replaced all 121 images from V0.01. Below is an example of the visual impact, all 121 images underwent a similar change:
View attachment 1380534
View attachment 1380536

And at least, we created the 4K scene for the next month, the image is related with Claire next content (low resolution attached).
View attachment 1380524

Thank you for sharing
Thank you. Just my opinion, but I much prefer this game to the Corrupting Kayleigh spinoff.

I know everyone has their own tastes, but for me it's hard to get into a game playing as a female protagonist getting banged by a bunch of dudes.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Thank you. Just my opinion, but I much prefer this game to the Corrupting Kayleigh spinoff.

I know everyone has their own tastes, but for me it's hard to get into a game playing as a female protagonist getting banged by a bunch of dudes.
I liked this one more too. While I don't have a problem with female protag games, I felt like the spinoff kinda derailed the whole thing. Like the game initially establishes itself in Jim's perspective and almost acts like a dating sim, starting with Afternoon to Remember. All your choices ultimately affected Jim's relationship with others and what scenes you get. Suddenly we're focusing on Kayleigh, and basically none of the choices you make (before and after) matter. The last time I played Corrupting Kayleigh, none of her actions seem to have consequences (other than choosing which stranger she's fucking with). Ellyce is there, but she's basically just being dragged along.
Another thing to note is how the longer Kaylee's Corruption dragged on, the more I felt like it was out of character for her. The game basically calls her a prude in her character bio even now. How does a prude go from "Jim needs to try really hard to impress her." to "Yeah, she'll do just about anything for money" in the span of a day? Like damn, I was invested in where the dinner story was going. I felt like Corrupting Kayleigh should have been its own game with its own set of characters.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I completely understand, guys. I followed the text, creating the images according, but I felt the impact on our users about the perspective change. That's why I performed the complete separation of content, to keep this game in the male protagonist genre. Corrupting Kayleigh probably has its audience but they are different audiences.

Personally, as a gamer, I'm not exactly the audience for these games either. Even the game that I think is a reference in the genre, Exciting Affection, I tried to play and I didn't get too caught up.

My biggest concern with Unforgettable Dinner right now is that the models are getting old, the sets... I can't suddenly replace everything. I'll work as much as possible to finish this game, finish it well, improving as much as possible to deliver a complete product, a good one. But as soon as possible let's move on to the next.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
I completely understand, guys. I followed the text, creating the images according, but I felt the impact on our users about the perspective change. That's why I performed the complete separation of content, to keep this game in the male protagonist genre. Corrupting Kayleigh probably has its audience but they are different audiences.

Personally, as a gamer, I'm not exactly the audience for these games either. Even the game that I think is a reference in the genre, Exciting Affection, I tried to play and I didn't get too caught up.

My biggest concern with Unforgettable Dinner right now is that the models are getting old, the sets... I can't suddenly replace everything. I'll work as much as possible to finish this game, finish it well, improving as much as possible to deliver a complete product, a good one. But as soon as possible let's move on to the next.
I honestly wouldn’t go back and change anything. Use what you’ve learned to make the updates better, but going back and redoing everything is going backwards for really no reason, as I haven’t really heard anyone complain about the early renders. I like them, myself, to be honest.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017

Again, I agree with Xia Liu Bei. Yes, better visuals can improve the player's experience, but I feel like it should be secondary to the story and actual gameplay. Like with rest of technology, 3D models are going to just keep improving, regardless of how quickly you work on your game. The bigger your game, the more difficult it will be to update your models and props. The longer you work on updating your visuals, the more "outdated" your "new" assets will get. It's a vicious cycle. I'm not saying that you shouldn't ever update your models, but it definitely shouldn't be your number one priority.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'll speak up and say that both my husband and I really enjoyed Corrupting Kayleigh.

I honestly wouldn’t go back and change anything. Use what you’ve learned to make the updates better, but going back and redoing everything is going backwards for really no reason, as I haven’t really heard anyone complain about the early renders. I like them, myself, to be honest.
I agree. I know you've been doing some work on tweaking the earlier renders, but I wouldn't go back and put too much effort into retrofitting the game. Afternoon to Remember, Unforgettable Dinner, and Corrupting Kayleigh, are all great games that represent a progression in your career. I do think that your next game needs to take a big step forward with new models and assets, but for now I think it's more important that you finish Unforgettable and begin planning for that next big step.

Reactions: Xia Liu Bei

nn2017

Nov 26, 2017
thanks, love this game i would like more kayleigh scenes with older men but i really appreciate it

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
thanks, love this game i would like more kayleigh scenes with older men but i really appreciate it
I didn't put my hands on the Club's text yet, but I believe that something like that will be on this game.

is it possible to get in the Jag with Claire? If so, what do I need to do?
On the version I uploaded today, v2.02. Still one piece missing, it will be on v2.03.

When is Jess going to have her rough content added?
I will create a poll by the middle of this month to decide what to create next, this part is one of the options

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
V202.jpg
Hi friends,

Unforgettable Dinner v2.02 became public and the downloadable version is here.

Online version update

Webp(966.1 MB):
JPG(1.53 GB):

Content:
- 139 new images bringing where Claire and Jim move to Edmund's office.

We are adding more content to Claire's path, still one missing to finish this part. In the middle of the month we will create a survey to know what to prioritize next.

Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Xia Liu Bei
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes