4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Dev, what does the brown horned heart do for the sister? It is a hidden stat that you can't look up in the bio.
It's corruption. Unfortunately, something happened and it wasn't being displayed, obviously an error. As it is not something that will have consequences so far, I will add it to the next update that I am already working on.

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
At first glance, I thought that too. It looks like they're using the same 3D assets as their last couple of attempts, but this time with a pseudo 'toon' shader. So there is a slight dark outline at the edge of objects, and the lighting/shading is really flat. Honestly not a bad look. Probably way quicker to render than just cranking the ray-traced lighting up to 11 and letting your GPU cry, while also making it look distinct from the vast majority of other games using store bought Daz3D models. It's why some games, like The Sims, which are designed to run in real-time look similar (it just takes way less GPU power).

EDIT: Looking at them more closely, that depth-of-field is super noisy and grainy. That's what you get when you favor shorter render time over render accuracy. They took whatever settings where available in their render program for calculating depth-of-field and rolled them back from 10 down to 3 or 4. It will save a lot of time per render, but at the cost of visual fidelity. So yeah, everything about the images looks like the dev is trying to shave as much time off of the render pipeline as they can without just jumping over to a real-time solution like one of the Illusion Game engines (Koikatsu, Honey Select, etc.).
Yes, I lost my GPUs some time ago and in Brazil, wanting something like this is quite heavy, financially.

I saw some games doing this type of "toon" rendering and I got interested and started researching, I admit that it's not a very good solution, but I also don't think it's the worst. I even manage to get good results.

My priority is to save time in production and be able to bring greater content and not just 2-3 minutes of news because I wasted days rendering a simple scene.

I try not to think too much about the graphics, although it is something to think about after a while, but I want to make the game progress and make development less cumbersome and painful.

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
Yes, I lost my GPUs some time ago and in Brazil, wanting something like this is quite heavy, financially.

I saw some games doing this type of "toon" rendering and I got interested and started researching, I admit that it's not a very good solution, but I also don't think it's the worst. I even manage to get good results.

My priority is to save time in production and be able to bring greater content and not just 2-3 minutes of news because I wasted days rendering a simple scene.

I try not to think too much about the graphics, although it is something to think about after a while, but I want to make the game progress and make development less cumbersome and painful.
I think graphics are quite good for what they are, its just the main screenshots on F95 that make it look bad, once I got playing I enjoyed it, I hope you make some good progress on the game really enjoying so far, I played the previous versions and I hope you get past where they left off.

Reactions: greono

HenryVIII

Jun 4, 2017
I like the new graphic style and that there are still so many choices which result in very different scenes early on. The game needs a fast forward option for already seen text though and much more Bret obviously.

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I like the new graphic style and that there are still so many choices which result in very different scenes early on. The game needs a fast forward option for already seen text though and much more Bret obviously.
You can advance the dialog by holding the right mouse button.

Reactions: Feyd

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Dev, had another question about the quests. Do quests open up content that can't be opened otherwise? Is the only way to get into a quest by clicking the star dialogue option? Because sometimes you have to choose between the star and changing attributes of the person you are talking to.

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Dev, had another question about the quests. Do quests open up content that can't be opened otherwise? Is the only way to get into a quest by clicking the star dialogue option? Because sometimes you have to choose between the star and changing attributes of the person you are talking to.
Most missions, especially those that you acquire by talking to someone, can be reacquired in the future in new conversations, these are sidequests. You will receive the main quests when you reach a point in the plot.
Either way, you'll need to choose the 'Impulsive' style, which earns you relationship points and lets you enjoy the effects of the moment, or the 'Investigator' style to uncover a secret and later capitalize on it. The advantage of investing in secrets is that they are not forgotten, whereas relationship points can be lost.

Reactions: Feyd and Kadajko

ZeroxAlpha

Jun 8, 2018
Last time I was going for the M/M content only, don't know if this reboot will have M/M only or focus on just the straight but we'll see what happens.

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Last time I was going for the M/M content only, don't know if this reboot will have M/M only or focus on just the straight but we'll see what happens.
we will have M/M content soon. I'm looking at the player's sexual choice as a search for self-knowledge, according to his choices, he will discover a lot about himself.

Reactions: Feyd and Some_Dude?

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
we will have M/M content soon. I'm looking at the player's sexual choice as a search for self-knowledge, according to his choices, he will discover a lot about himself.
So there is no M/M scene on the train with Old man I was wondering if I was missing something, the one part the Old Man almost masturbates in front of you but you get away, I wonder if you should add a scene with him on the train?

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes