• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Raktarn

Aug 15, 2017
and does anyone know about the secret scene on ST4 with breaking the crystal? how do I trigger it after breaking the crystal?

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
how do i get this to start i try to open the game and get hit with application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I'm having this same exact issue, and I've installed and updated all of the .NET stuff that I really can. Any advice? ;;
You can try running around and installing x86 versions of several C++ redistributables. 2010, 2013, 2015 from my quick poking around.
Restarting your machine, and then trying again.

Other things to try, that failing:
Have you restarted your machine?
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling both x86 and x64 versions of the .NET framework to ensure they installed properly.
Make sure the game is not running in a protected directory, e.g. A user directory. (My Documents, My Desktop, etc), to avoid issues of system access. (An extreme likelihood with Win7/10 and later [I assume. I don't run 11.])

Past that, you can try running an to see if Windows can detect any missing relevant DLLs.

This is an issue with the game trying to run itself with 64-bit DLLs rather than 32-bit DLLs it needs. It will try to find its needed DLLs in your system, but if it can't find 32-bit versions it will fall back to 64-bit ones and cause this error, as it is a 32-bit game.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
You can try running around and installing x86 versions of several C++ redistributables. 2010, 2013, 2015 from my quick poking around.
Restarting your machine, and then trying again.

Other things to try, that failing:
Have you restarted your machine?
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling both x86 and x64 versions of the .NET framework to ensure they installed properly.
Make sure the game is not running in a protected directory, e.g. A user directory. (My Documents, My Desktop, etc), to avoid issues of system access. (An extreme likelihood with Win7/10 and later [I assume. I don't run 11.])

Past that, you can try running an to see if Windows can detect any missing relevant DLLs.

This is an issue with the game trying to run itself with 64-bit DLLs rather than 32-bit DLLs it needs. It will try to find its needed DLLs in your system, but if it can't find 32-bit versions it will fall back to 64-bit ones and cause this error, as it is a 32-bit game.
i tried all of that and i still get the exat same errror even after sfc scan says there were no issues

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
i tried all of that and i still get the exat same errror even after sfc scan says there were no issues
You can try installing additional x86 versions of C++ redistributables. 2017, 2019, or any others you can find.
Past that, you can try repairing those specific releases (2010-2019 or newer) using the installers. Please be certain you are looking at x86 versions and NOT x64 versions. The differences are important here.

Other than that if you have verified that you have the x86 .NET framework installed, you can try running the game as an admin, or double checking that game extracted properly.
Or checking that you have the most up to date DirectX version installed.

The error is most often specifically related to the game finding the wrong type of DLLs.

Your "Apps & features" screen should look like this when you search "C++" in the "Search this list" field. Every redistributable version should be installed "twice".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Spoiled is a batch script you can run which checks your Windows folders for any unfound MSVCP versions between the x64 and x86 locations and will output a name of any unfound MSVCP DLLs that you can then google to get the correct x86 version.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
You can try installing additional x86 versions of C++ redistributables. 2017, 2019, or any others you can find.
Past that, you can try repairing those specific releases (2010-2019 or newer) using the installers. Please be certain you are looking at x86 versions and NOT x64 versions. The differences are important here.

Other than that if you have verified that you have the x86 .NET framework installed, you can try running the game as an admin, or double checking that game extracted properly.
Or checking that you have the most up to date DirectX version installed.

The error is most often specifically related to the game finding the wrong type of DLLs.

Your "Apps & features" screen should look like this when you search "C++" in the "Search this list" field. Every redistributable version should be installed "twice".

Spoiled is a batch script you can run which checks your Windows folders for any unfound MSVCP versions between the x64 and x86 locations and will output a name of any unfound MSVCP DLLs that you can then google to get the correct x86 version.

ok so i check everything there i hace net stuff the only thing i didnt try was the batch run command honestly couldnt tell what was the command to run or if i need to copy and paist everything but ya run as admin doesnt work either could this also just be a isse of me being on windos 11 the only thing i can thing of is im just missing the dll files but have no clue where to even get them

foxik009

Mar 6, 2022
The game is good! It passed quickly. It's a pity there is no android version to go through again

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes