RPGM None [Translation Request] Sera & Noel: Whereabouts of the Captive Princess

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
It's been almost 1.5 years.
Do we know if he's still working on it, or should I assume that this game is in the "hopeless" category for potential SLR requests?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After a specific request, here's an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v3.0.

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

This is fairly complicated for a RPGM MV game. I might have missed some issues.

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated.
Sera and Noel's names as well as enemy names are not translated in combat and menu UI. (Mostly to keep this patch small enough to fit an attachment.)

Installation:
There's a bunch of Japanese files.
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors before extracting the game. Locale Tutorial
Then you can just extract the SLRMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

Changelog:
1.01: Reverted enemy names back to Japanese.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Nero_

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
It's been almost 1.5 years.
Do we know if he's still working on it, or should I assume that this game is in the "hopeless" category for potential SLR requests?
Just do it Shiyase. I'm patient, but not that patient :')
Sorry for the radio silence. Been working on a bunch of translations. This one was on pause for me, so feel free to do whatever MTL stuff you want to it. I guess I deserve it at this point.

This is fairly complicated for a RPGM MV game. I might have missed some issues.
(That could also explain why we never got a translation.)
I don't think it's really that complicated. As stated, I managed to get the entire story and menus translated - the reason why I haven't finished is because there are a crazy amount of H-scenes. The other is that nearly every NPC has separate dialogue from their text boxes, which I need to translate in RPGM (Well, I'm sure I could do it in T++, but it's been a while).

If anyone wants to take this on, feel free. While I'd hate to see this get MTLed, I accept that I have too many projects right now. I'll finish this someday, but I got in trouble last time for making promises, lol.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
humm it crashed on the 1st battle

View attachment 2643263

save file right b4 it
Ugh... That's really annoying.
The dev tied the names of actors and enemies to folder names. So while all the pngs themselves are unchanged it can't find them anymore because it's looking in the wrong folder. But I can't just include those folders with changed names in the patch because it would be too large for the F95 attachment system.
I'll simply remove the names for now so it doesn't crash.
Since Emerald_Gladiator is still working on this I'm not super keen on continuing this project.

Reactions: H9 and mrericsan

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Ugh... That's really annoying.
The dev tied the names of actors and enemies to folder names. So while all the pngs themselves are unchanged it can't find them anymore because it's looking in the wrong folder. But I can't just include those folders with changed names in the patch because it would be too large for the F95 attachment system.
I'll simply remove the names for now so it doesn't crash.
Since Emerald_Gladiator is still working on this I'm not super keen on continuing this project.
Nah, go ahead. I do expect to resume translation of this game at some point, but again, I've got 3-4 games I'm also trying to finish up. So while yeah, I'll eventually finish this one (and will not abandon my translation), I don't want to hold up anyone either.

And yes, I remember running into the actor/enemy name problem and my game crashing too; I think I actually changed all the names for the enemies in my patch, which will probably just contain the graphics themselves with the translated names.

Reactions: Mortaza