RPGM None [Translation Request] Sera & Noel: Whereabouts of the Captive Princess

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Title: Sera & Noel: Whereabouts of the Captive Princess
Developer Website:
Language: English (this game seems longer than the average game so IDK if MTL will work)
Sample:
1641761952649.png 1641761982485.png 1641762026891.png
1641762086713.png 1641762113256.png 1641762176663.png
1641762224035.png 1641762257865.png 1641762284610.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Proudly presented by circle group Apple Soft.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
This looks neat. Worst case if it's super long and the free version of MTool stops working, we could still make a traditional Google based MTL.
I can't seem to find the current version of the game though, only a bunch of downloads for the outdated v3.0.

There has been a content update since then, not just bugfixes:
Jul. 15, 2021
Contents added
Four new events have been added.
New sexual harassment events] 2 added
[New Monster Restraint] 1 type each added

Edit: I was talking poop 3.0 seems to be the latest.

Last edited:

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I don't know where the updated versions of games go. I download a lot of these non translated games buried under sxshentai (and that search engine is wonky since some games that should have hypnosis is not tagged under it and the games aren't grouped together. Even if mind control, brainwashing and hypnosis are all different in retrospect, many games on the website lack the correct tag so the chances of these games being the updated version is low).

broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
i found out in this site November 10th, 2021,
so i will probably be over 3.0
mirror link

Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
mirror link
Hm... I don't see any reference to what version that is. I'll get a 3.0 version too and try make a proper comparison of the files.
Also a lot less text than expected considering what RagueltheUFO said. I only see around 355k characters. That would work with DeepL.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Been working on a full translation this game on-off since September. Nearly finished with the story and menus (there's a few things in the plugins I need to translate). However, H-scenes have a TON of text and most NPCs have commented dialogue that appears above their heads which I also want to translate. If I'd have to estimate, I'm only done with about 20% of the H-scenes and 95% of the story.

If an MTL of this game appears, I'll probably just privatize my translation though.

Also, I'm fairly sure there's like, two other translation request threads for this game.

Reactions: mint-123

broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
Been working on a full translation this game on-off since September. Nearly finished with the story and menus (there's a few things in the plugins I need to translate). However, H-scenes have a TON of text and most NPCs have commented dialogue that appears above their heads which I also want to translate. If I'd have to estimate, I'm only done with about 20% of the H-scenes and 95% of the story.

If an MTL of this game appears, I'll probably just privatize my translation though.

Also, I'm fairly sure there's like, two other translation request threads for this game.
I can help you with the rest of the H-scenes as MTL translation
with the story as you translate it
something like a hybrid-translation

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017

There is already a MTL: https://f95zone.to/threads/sera-noel-whereabouts-of-the-captive-princess-apple-software.71582/
but for an outdated version, just Google-Translate and very buggy if I'm reading this right.

Edit: Deleted all my Off-topic stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: broken_division

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
mirror link
Compared the files and despite the upload date that actually seems to be v1.0.
This only has 1027 files in the pictures folder.
V3.0 has 1486 files in the pictures folder.

6372 files in total, V3.0 has 7264 files.

Reactions: broken_division

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I can help you with the rest of the H-scenes as MTL translation
with the story as you translate it
something like a hybrid-translation
No thanks. I know how to push the button in T++.
Hell, if I actually wanted to push out the translation right now unfinished, it'd be half-translated and half MTL, which is exactly what you're suggesting. I take enough pride in my work not to do that.

There is already a MTL: https://f95zone.to/threads/sera-noel-whereabouts-of-the-captive-princess-apple-software.71582/
but for an outdated version, just Google-Translate and very buggy if I'm reading this right.

Why would you privatize your project because of a bad MTL existing? :confused:
The only reason I make MTLs is because most games just never get a proper translation and so MTLs have "some" value over literally nothing, but obviously they are worthless compared to a real translation.
There are far too many reasons for me to go through without turning this thread into huge tangential discussion, but the main one is that I strongly do not support MTLs as they minimize the importance of professional translations or fan-translations; the general community loves them (MTLs) because the target consumers are lazy and impatient af, but it's incredibly discouraging to spend months on actual (unpaid) work when someone just clicks a button in T++ to feed the same need (albeit incredibly poorly). And as a result, fan-translators give up due to lack of motivation and support, and conversely, MTL "translators" are incentivized to dump out more MTLs because they get clout for literally 2 minutes of "effort'. Another, smaller reason is that, because it's so easy create an MTL with T++ or another auto-translator, lots of folks don't know what they're doing and end up breaking the entire game because they failed to translate a plugin or translated a Scripts or Common Events map file incorrectly.

I understand that this might offend you as we're on two different sides, so I apologize in advance. But it's only my opinion. Not looking for an argument or convince you otherwise. All I'm doing is answering your question and explaining how it feels.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Nah, I'm not easily offended.
Instead it's really interesting to hear that take from an actual translator for once, that's new.

I obviously disagree since due to AdventCirno MTool rpgmaker games without MTLs literally do not exist anymore, but let's stop, you're right in that this thread definitely isn't the correct place for this discussion.
That's totally fair. While I love translating RPGM (VX/MV/Z) games given I've taken years to practice using the different variants of RPGMaker in order to cover or supplement what T++ can't do, I've been moving onto translating WolfRPG and even KiriKiri and LiveMaker V/Ns since that's an area in which MTLs aren't as easily made. A little sad to sort of "waste" all of that hard-earned knowledge and time spent practicing RPGM, but I'd much rather be of use to this community while I still can.

And I'm not an actual translator. I'm a fan-translator, which is why MTLs peeve me a bit more (given unlike professional localizers, I'm not getting paid either way). I don't really have anything against MTL "translators" themselves since their goal is to also offer something to the community, but I don't respect the lack of effort given. I guess one thing I'd ask you guys is why you don't try to translate yourselves? I don't read/write Japanese, but it's not especially difficult to parse out what Google translate spits out in T++. The main issue is how much time and work you need to invest but with all the MTL translators out there, a group of y'all could actually work together on fully translating a single game, rather than flooding the community with MTL spam.

But yeah, I suppose that's too off-topic for this thread; I'll make a new thread to discuss if I feel there's a forum for it. I'll just leave it that I'm working on this game's full translation on-and-off but for folks not to expect it any time soon, and that it'll probably be one of my final public translations (at least for RPM games), so I'll put as much effort into it as I do with my other translations.

broken_division

Game Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
That's totally fair. While I love translating RPGM (VX/MV/Z) games given I've taken years to practice using the different variants of RPGMaker in order to cover or supplement what T++ can't do, I've been moving onto translating WolfRPG and even KiriKiri and LiveMaker V/Ns since that's an area in which MTLs aren't as easily made. A little sad to sort of "waste" all of that hard-earned knowledge and time spent practicing RPGM, but I'd much rather be of use to this community while I still can.

And I'm not an actual translator. I'm a fan-translator, which is why MTLs peeve me a bit more (given unlike professional localizers, I'm not getting paid either way). I don't really have anything against MTL "translators" themselves since their goal is to also offer something to the community, but I don't respect the lack of effort given. I guess one thing I'd ask you guys is why you don't try to translate yourselves? I don't read/write Japanese, but it's not especially difficult to parse out what Google translate spits out in T++. The main issue is how much time and work you need to invest but with all the MTL translators out there, a group of y'all could actually work together on fully translating a single game, rather than flooding the community with MTL spam.

But yeah, I suppose that's too off-topic for this thread; I'll make a new thread to discuss if I feel there's a forum for it. I'll just leave it that I'm working on this game's full translation on-and-off but for folks not to expect it any time soon, and that it'll probably be one of my final public translations (at least for RPM games), so I'll put as much effort into it as I do with my other translations.
My main limiting factor is time and the number of games that get published every day is huge to hand translate everything and properly test it
As you are saying, i don't take it with pride but right now MLT is the fastest way to play a game for us that don't know to write a word on Japanese
I will agree that almost anybody with a guide can translate a game with translator++
but 6-7 months that i have been making MLTs i rarely see something other than MLT , of course because of the time that is needed
Looking forward to your fan made translation :coffee:

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Okay, I said I'll leave it at that, and I will.
I've got more I would've written here as a reply, but I think for the sake of not making this out to be another topic entirely, I'm just posting to say I've read everything you're posted. Otherwise, I feel like we all know each others' views and won't have to revisit this on another thread.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Got rid of my Off-topic stuff, and to get this thread back on track we would need someone to provide the latest version. I doubt someone would want to start translating a version without the full content.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
The version I downloaded on the website sxs is 2.0. IDK where to find 3.0 besides buying the game on DLSite.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I used v3.0 to translate. I think there's a download for v3.0 on one of the aforementioned copies of this game's translation request threads, of which this is the latest.