• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others [Translation Request] Light Wing Senki Extia [VJ009415] [Lusterise]

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Wait, how did you extract, alter and repack the ypf files? All the new games are using the same file type and in the future I want to translate them. Please be as specific as possible on the instructions.
Unpack the YPF is easy, there are a few tools that can do it. The easiest is GARBro. YuRIS Tools linked above can also do it.

The tool kind of holds your hand. You have to make a 0_ypf directory and put the data.ypf in there. Then hit unpack in the YPF Tool tab. Then you can move to the YSTB Tool tab and follow the order. XOR Decrypt. Then Export. After Export you have to translate the json (I wrote a python script to do that, I think I provided it?). Then Patch.

The Concerto games don't require repacking. I wasn't able to figure that out. You can just put the ypf directory next to the executable and it overrides the ypf file with the ypf directory.

Reactions: Alternation62

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
Unpack the YPF is easy, there are a few tools that can do it. The easiest is GARBro. YuRIS Tools linked above can also do it.

The tool kind of holds your hand. You have to make a 0_ypf directory and put the data.ypf in there. Then hit unpack in the YPF Tool tab. Then you can move to the YSTB Tool tab and follow the order. XOR Decrypt. Then Export. After Export you have to translate the json (I wrote a python script to do that, I think I provided it?). Then Patch.

The Concerto games don't require repacking. I wasn't able to figure that out. You can just put the ypf directory next to the executable and it overrides the ypf file with the ypf directory.
I found a way to repack them since I'm not using Concerto games, but thank you for replying.

TheBigCheese805

Dec 14, 2022
Any chance the games themselves will be reuploaded since the AF link is dead? I was able to find exs-tia 3, parallel 1-3 and sides 1, 4, 5, 6 and 8 on kimochi gaming and onlyhgames but the others are proving impossible to find in the right format.

Razexsg

Mar 1, 2023

Umm, can you translate mahou shoujo mao nao 2nd ? i cant find anywhere the eng patch

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Umm, can you translate mahou shoujo mao nao 2nd ? i cant find anywhere the eng patch
Entirely different game engine, not even sure what it runs. I have it, but it takes a lot of time to hunt down the tools

Some things you're better off just running Sugoi.

I make translations of these purely because they have a lot of text and the time of Sugoi doing real-time translations adds up.

If you can find the tools to extract, insert a Hello World english text, and repackage that's like 90% of the work and I'd be more than happy to write the remaining Python scripts to translate the game.

Next game to EMTL would probably the Triangle Mahou Senshi games since they are built on the same DxLib engine. Similar genre (Heroine Magical Girl Corruption).

Last edited:

pitay46095

Nov 18, 2021
Does anyone know a fix to buttons on the top menu not working using Locale Emulator?
They are important as I cant manually save or load :/
Game: light wing senki extia

EDIT: found a workaround, switch to windowed borderless (make sure to click agree or settings wont change)
and the menu is working again

kusobaba

May 23, 2018
Okay, I updated my earlier link for the translation, but it's here.

I've also included the tools used, including the modifications. test.py and MED.py do all the unpacking (the only functions you need are unpack, extract_med, output, and repack), they're the DxLib stuff. I have a tool translate.py for taking jp_chs.json and creating jp_eng.json. It's important to use my MED.py as the character encoding needs to be the old one (cp932). The one pain is the MED.py detects the facial expression code as translatable text and translates them. Those need to be passed through as they are file names in japanese. Same with the final two lines in jp_eng.json those are the movie file names, they need to be in japanese or the transformation movies won't play.

If you do any edits to the jp_eng.json file, you do NOT have to run the translate.py script at all. Just run the first half of test.py to generate all the scenario files. Then put the jp_eng.json inside the intermediate_file folder and run the second half of test.py to insert all the text and generate the new md_scr.med

Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia 1, Eng MTL v3:

I don't care if someone uses these as a basis for a proper TL and edits it and takes credit. I just want to see these games translated. Use it freely.
Exstia 1 TL made the screen flickr.
Exstia A and 3 TL had an error when I used the skip dialogue hotkey after a while (ctrl) and forced closed.
Exstia 2 seems normal so far.

Do you know the workaround? I'm using Japanese system locale and have installed Japanese language from microsoft.

Region is still not Japan though. Is the error from there?

Edit: confirmed. Changing the region to japan fixes things. Seems like it's not from the TL but the game itself

Argnwan

Oct 19, 2020
Good new everyone. We're getting an epilogue to ExS-Tia 3 centered around Reese on the 28/6/2024:

Also, Concerto 3 and 4 are releasing on the 30/8/2024: if you care about those (personally I don't).

kusobaba

May 23, 2018
Good new everyone. We're getting an epilogue to ExS-Tia 3 centered around Reese on the 28/6/2024:

Also, Concerto 3 and 4 are releasing on the 30/8/2024: if you care about those (personally I don't).
Nice, is the artist still Inoino for the Exstia R? I don't really care much for Concerto because the corruption/costume change is too basic