Others [Translation Request] Light Wing Senki Extia [VJ009415] [Lusterise]

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Can you translate the parallel edition?
That's what P1 is. The first game of Parallel edition. The issue is they switched game engines.

I already have it translated, but I'm having an issue repacking it. I can't even extract the files, not even change anything, and repack it, and have the game load. I'm not entirely familiar with YuRIS. I've tried several different tools.

Supposedly there is the official YuRIS_500 version tool which is what I think I need to repack, but I can't find a link. I know it exists as I've seen it referenced. I think the one detector tool I used said it's YuRIS 486.

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Hooray, I figured it out, you don't actually need to repack the files. The game engine will look at the local folder first.

Instructions:
1. Extract this from where the ExSTIAP.exe for P1 game resides, extract with folders.
You should have a ExSTIAP.exe alongside a ysbin folder and the yst0000.ybn files inside the ysbin folder.

Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia P1, Eng MTL v2:

If anyone needs to replicate this, skip all the complicated tools and just use GARBRO to extract the ysbin.ypf file and then use VNTranslationTools to translate.

I think there's a few issues with names inside text (It sometimes translates Extia Pastel to Pastelly -- I was fixing them when I went with Translator++ but that got messy so I went with VNTranslation and some Python script). The only real flub in this one is Nerdy Guy = Pick-Up Artist at the end.

This translation file is for Parallel 1 game. I don't know what the folder structure for the all-in-one game set looks like. I have them all separate.

edit: I'll say this translation is really, really rough. It has issues with the names going on the text fields and pushing text off the page. I'll see if it's an issue with me or bad support from VNTranslationTools. There's another route I can try as the person who wrote the tool for the first games has a YuRIS tool.

I have P3 translated too, but that's just as rough. P2 has an issue with crashing when playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belgaesh

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
Hooray, I figured it out, you don't actually need to repack the files. The game engine will look at the local folder first.

Instructions:
1. Extract this from where the ExSTIAP.exe for P1 game resides, extract with folders.
You should have a ExSTIAP.exe alongside a ysbin folder and the yst0000.ybn files inside the ysbin folder.

Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia P1, Eng MTL v1:

If anything needs to replicate, skip all the complicated tools and just use GARBRO to extract the ysbin.ypf file and then use VNTranslationTools to translate.

I think there's a few issues with names inside text (I was fixing them when I went with Translator++ but that got messy so I went with VNTranslation and some Python script). The only real flub in this one is Nerdy Guy = Pick-Up Artist at the end.

This translation file is for Parallel 1 game. I don't know what the folder structure for the all-in-one game set looks like. I have them all separate.

edit: I'll say this translation is really, really rough. It has issues with the names going on the text fields and pushing text off the page. I'll see if it's an issue with me or bad support from VNTranslationTools. There's another route I can try as the person who wrote the tool for the first games has a YuRIS tool.

I have P3 translated too, but that's just as rough. P2 has an issue with crashing when playing.
I played P3 with a text extractor and it was quite an weird engine of the VN, at the beginning the videos of the transformations would play normally, then suddenly they stopped working.

Thanks for translating P1. Even if it is a bit rough is better than a text extractor. If you can improve the TL in anyway you could share it. Did you also try another translation softwares? Or some sites like DeepL?

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia P3, Eng MTL v2:

Same, it's a bit rough, I'll try to fix it up later, but it may take some time, but I might as well post it, at least it's something.

As for translations, I use Sugoi v4. Honestly, it's the best and outperforms DeepL other than a few niche situations. I know some people are using ChatGPT now but that costs money. In my experience -- and I've tried a lot -- Sugoi does best with lewd / smut text. Occasionally it gets pronouns right (he/her), DeepL does not. Both have similar issues with ownership of body parts. Otherwise Sugoi produces a more readable result more consistently (even if sometimes it is a straight pronunciation translation rather than than a contextual translation). Sugoi is generally more consistent, DeepL can produce some great text, but when it misses, it misses hard.

I have some WendyBell games I wrote scripts for to translate them to DeepL (Etsuraku No Tane), and honestly I ended up going back and re-doing them with Sugoi. I'd release them, but I need to figure out how to change font on the CSystem engine, it's so horrible to play in Courier New.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belgaesh

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia P3, Eng MTL v1:

Same, it's a bit rough, I'll try to fix it up later, but it may take some time, but I might as well post it, at least it's something.

As for translations, I use Sugoi v4. Honestly, it's the best and outperforms DeepL other than a few niche situations. I know some people are using ChatGPT now but that costs money. In my experience -- and I've tried a lot -- Sugoi does best with lewd / smut text. Occasionally it gets pronouns right (he/her), DeepL does not. Both have similar issues with ownership of body parts. Otherwise Sugoi produces a more readable result more consistently (even if sometimes it is a straight pronunciation translation rather than than a contextual translation). Sugoi is generally more consistent, DeepL can produce some great text, but when it misses, it misses hard.
Thanks for the update!

P3 is one of my favorites games of the series and my favorite of the Parallel ones at least. It has top notch corruption and is a continuation of the "worst", read best, ending of Extia 3. Love seeing Luxuria and Luxiel.

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
@nerdman83 I forgot to ask if you plan to translate Parallel part 2 as well??

Also I noticed that in the Parallel games the text sometimes goes bellow the text box and you can't read it, even when trying the log.

Last edited:

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
@nerdman83 I forgot to ask if you plan to translate Parallel part 2 as well??

Also I noticed that in the Parallel games the text sometimes goes bellow the text box and you can't read it, even when trying the log.
I mentioned that above which is why I said it is rough.

In certain dialogs, the tool I used is not putting the name in the "name" line and instead putting in the text line, causing a word wrap issue, and some text gets put off the end.

As for Parallel 2, I have it translated, but currently it crashes in any of the battle scenes. I'll post the file here:

Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia P2, Eng MTL v2 (NOTE: crashing issue in any battle scene, you can create save points with the non-translated version (just rename ysbin folder to something else) -- HScenes are fine):

Fixing the name issue may take some time, as the other tool I referenced doesn't work on these files for whatever reason. Either I need to figure out why the alternative tool can't decode the files, or figure out why VNTranslationTools is botching the patch.

It's possible there is some sort of character limit for the names and that is why it is pushing to the 2nd line. I may just need to put in a shortened name. (edit: It's an issue with VNTranslationTools, as if I translate nothing it is still bugged).

Last edited:

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
I mentioned that above which is why I said it is rough.

In certain dialogs, the tool I used is not putting the name in the "name" line and instead putting in the text line, causing a word wrap issue, and some text gets put off the end.

As for Parallel 2, I have it translated, but currently it crashes in any of the battle scenes. I'll post the file here:

Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia P2, Eng MTL v1 (NOTE: crashing issue in any battle scene, you can create save points with the non-translated version (just rename ysbin folder to something else) -- HScenes are fine):

Fixing the name issue may take some time, as the other tool I referenced doesn't work on these files for whatever reason. Either I need to figure out why the alternative tool can't decode the files, or figure out why VNTranslationTools is botching the patch.

It's possible there is some sort of character limit for the names and that is why it is pushing to the 2nd line. I may just need to put in a shortened name. (edit: It's an issue with VNTranslationTools, as if I translate nothing it is still bugged).
My mystake, sorry. I thought rough translation talked about the text translation not the text itself in the boxes. I noticed that the character names don't have a box of their own in the Parallel games and in the translation in the same line as the text as you noticed as well. So when the text is too big, the lines break and you can't read it, even on the log. Which is a shame.

But I thank you nerdman83 for your effort in translating this series of games which I discovered last year and has been a favorite of mine ever since. I wish I could help more, if I had some understaing of code. And if you ever fix those patches, do share them with us, I will be forever gratefull!

I even saw that Lusterise is going to release two new games in the series, with new characters and illustrator, one is due this month and the other next month. It is not even up on VNDB yet, which surprised me.

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
I even saw that Lusterise is going to release two new games in the series, with new characters and illustrator, one is due this month and the other next month. It is not even up on VNDB yet, which surprised me.
Yeah, I saw that too. I'll probably put together a translation right away since it is likely the same game engine.

As for translating, it's not a big deal. Like I said, I have maybe 20-30 games translated but my standards are lower than other people so I don't post them. Maybe someday soon I'll make a Nerdman83 MTL Translated Games thread. These Lusterise games are among the top of my favorites (which my favorites are pretty much this list here). I like Sugoi+Textractor but these games are so huge even GPU-assisted translation lag of 0.5 seconds per line adds up if the game is 20,000 lines.

As far as the name / text thing, some names are correctly put on the name line, some aren't. I'm trying to figure out why it's inconsistent.

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, I saw that too. I'll probably put together a translation right away since it is likely the same game engine.

As for translating, it's not a big deal. Like I said, I have maybe 20-30 games translated but my standards are lower than other people so I don't post them. Maybe someday soon I'll make a Nerdman83 MTL Translated Games thread. These Lusterise games are among the top of my favorites (which my favorites are pretty much this list here). I like Sugoi+Textractor but these games are so huge even GPU-assisted translation lag of 0.5 seconds per line adds up if the game is 20,000 lines.

As far as the name / text thing, some names are correctly put on the name line, some aren't. I'm trying to figure out why it's inconsistent.
I will try those new games too, with the translation it will make things easier. I just love corruption and ExTia is one of the best games in that regard. Just hope I like the new art as I liked the previous one, hard to beat inoino though. On that front I wish they expanded more the good ending in Parallel 3. Also I would like more content with the bad ends there too, just need more Luxuria and Luxiel.

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia Concerto Part1, Eng MTL v1

I "fixed" the missing text issue. Unfortunately the fix gets rid of word wrap. The fix was turning off VNTranslationTools internal wordwrap (which is more or less a temporary fix due to the name issue -- the text was actually broken because I had the word wrap length set at 50 characters instead of 80 characters in a deep internal VNTranslationTools file).

I'll have to re-generate the other files with the temporary fix while I fix the name issue, then I can re-enable word wrap.

Last edited:

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia Concerto Part1, Eng MTL v1

I "fixed" the missing text issue. Unfortunately the fix gets rid of word wrap. The fix was turning off VNTranslationTools internal wordwrap (which is more or less a temporary fix due to the name issue -- the text was actually broken because I had the word wrap length set at 50 characters instead of 80 characters in a deep internal VNTranslationTools file).

I'll have to re-generate the other files with the temporary fix while I fix the name issue, then I can re-enable word wrap.
Thanks for the patch. I checked the new game art, and while good, it is not near as good as inoino. Also the corrupted forms aren't that interesting and barely appear. Disappointed.

Nice to see that you discovered the issue with the text disappearing from the text box.

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Thanks for the patch. I checked the new game art, and while good, it is not near as good as inoino. Also the corrupted forms aren't that interesting and barely appear. Disappointed.

Nice to see that you discovered the issue with the text disappearing from the text box.
Yeah, they literally split a single game into two halves, so overall the game isn't worth it since it's not even complete. If you go to the game Extras CG page after finishing the game there's a whole bunch of missing content (only 3 pages of HScenes where ExTIA 3 was 5). I don't know how much they're charging. The transformation scene isn't as good as the original games. It got posted on anime sh@ring, there's a torrent.

Overall it seems when it's done both Concerto 1&2 combined will be the same length as Parallel 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: chronus666

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, they literally split a single game into two halves, so overall the game isn't worth it since it's not even complete. If you go to the game Extras CG page after finishing the game there's a whole bunch of missing content (only 3 pages of HScenes where ExTIA 3 was 5). I don't know how much they're charging. The transformation scene isn't as good as the original games. It got posted on anime sh@ring, there's a torrent.

Overall it seems when it's done both Concerto 1&2 combined will be the same length as Parallel 2.
I agree to everything you said. Just did not know the game was that short, as I only had the CGs to work with.

I did already download the game on AS.

caratheodory

Aug 7, 2021
Does Concerto pt 1 really only contain the scenes in page 1 of the gallery? I've seen ripped CGs with more than that, but I guess those just aren't available until they sell the rest of the game to you?

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Does Concerto pt 1 really only contain the scenes in page 1 of the gallery? I've seen ripped CGs with more than that, but I guess those just aren't available until they sell the rest of the game to you?
I think so?

I know the CG for the full game exists, but I tried all the branches and I couldn't see the rest, I just assumed the other part is unlocked later.

Maybe I missed something?

EDIT: You are right, there are two boxes when you fight the crocodile monster. Right after each other. The bottom of the 2nd box is the corruption path which is the entire Page 2 CG.

Save attached

Last edited:
Reactions: ujmujmk

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
I updated the links for Parallel 1 - 3 with the "fixed" version that removes the 80 character limit and word wrap. This is a temporary fix until I figure out the issue with names being on the text line pushing text offscreen.

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
I updated the links for Parallel 1 - 3 with the "fixed" version that removes the 80 character limit and word wrap. This is a temporary fix until I figure out the issue with names being on the text line pushing text offscreen.
Thanks for your hard work!

Could you do a link with all the patches in one place to be easier to find and download? Sorry if I am asking too much.