Others [Translation Request] Light Wing Senki Extia [VJ009415] [Lusterise]

chronus666

Nov 2, 2022
Really glad for your hardwork, i dont know you can use sugoi to pre-translate all the game text. I usually use sugoi to translate it while playing (it takes around 1-3 second per sentence). The only problem is i can't play the game with full screen becuase sugoi translator box can't stay on top of most japanese game. I guess i need to start learning how to pre-translate the game sometimes when i got the free time.

BadMahjongPlayer

May 22, 2022
There's a MED.py tool around here in the master game tools mega.nz repository. I made some slight modifications to it.

It's called DxLib(LuneTB):

I'm going to actually clean some things up and re-do it. The movies weren't playing so the link above updates that and fixes it, but only because I reverted some files that contain text for the facial expressions and such, but the game buttons aren't translated because of that. I adjusted how I do the translation so I can edit it now.

I'll also toss in the *.json file in case anyone wants to edit it and clean things up more.

Also getting 2, 3, and A done. P 1/2/3 is a different engine.
I've never used any of these tools before. Could you explain how to use these tools to translate the game please?

camseats

Mar 13, 2018
I've never used any of these tools before. Could you explain how to use these tools to translate the game please?
If you want the game translated all you have to do is overwrite the md_scr files with the ones they uploaded. Those tools are for anyone who wants to create their own translations.

BadMahjongPlayer

May 22, 2022
If you want the game translated all you have to do is overwrite the md_scr files with the ones they uploaded. Those tools are for anyone who wants to create their own translations.
Oh I was trying to do this for concerto. Not sure what I'm supposed to do exactly since the engine changed

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
(it takes around 1-3 second per sentence)
There's documentation in the Sugoi thread, if you have a NVidia GPU you can install a GPU mod, or install the CTranslate2 Mod and manually change on of the files to use multiple CPU cores.

Sugoi should only take 0.2 seconds per sentence for Nvidia or 0.5-1 for CTranslate2

The main reason for these MTL files are even 0.2 seconds at 20,000 lines adds up.

lolwhatxd

Dec 30, 2021
I updated the links for Parallel 1 - 3 with the "fixed" version that removes the 80 character limit and word wrap. This is a temporary fix until I figure out the issue with names being on the text line pushing text offscreen.
Cool, thanks ^^

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Thanks for your hard work!

Could you do a link with all the patches in one place to be easier to find and download? Sorry if I am asking too much.
Here's a link to my folder with all my Translations. I'll probably add more as I go.

There's two other games in there, but I have a dozen more in various states of cleanup.

Reactions: Belgaesh

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
No translation right now for Concerto 2.

VNTranslationTools throws an "Found invalid data while decoding" when trying to extract the text.

• Sad

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
I was able to get the game extracted using the (finally bothered to figure out the right process to get it working).

I'll have to modify my python scripts to generate the translations for the format it exports, but I should be able to generate it.

Also, I might be able to fix the issues with the previous translations, but one thing at a time.

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia Concerto Part2, Eng MTL v1

Same as before, put the ysbin folder in the same level as the *.exe.

Note: I'll probably update this to a v2 file at some point (probably not soon), there's an issue where the YuRIS Tool is patching special characters (brackets i.e. [ ]) as question marks (? NAME ?). It's a minor annoyance, but doesn't affect readability all that much. I figured people would appreciate the translation. There's no guarantee I'll figure out how to fix it.

I haven't played it all the way through, so no guarantee on crashes. Given the above issue (and YuRIS Tools doesn't fix the name line issue) I probably won't re-translate the other games (I might retranslate P2 game since that crashes on battle scenes). The only benefit to re-translating the other games is for consistency (always putting the NAME on the TEXT lines). But the question mark issue is annoying.

It's probably broken because I used Translator++ (I hate Translator++). I'll update my scripts to the new json format that YuRIS Tool uses so I can control character encoding and see if that fixes the issue.

edit: There's also an issue where it's inserting some words that are in custom quotation marks "word" as a weird japanese character, so if you see that it's a bug not a translation mistake. In my English translation file the words show up.

Last edited:

BadMahjongPlayer

May 22, 2022
I'm quite disappointed in Concerto 2. I quite like Concerto 1 and was hoping for more but didn't quite meet my expectations

chronus666

Nov 2, 2022
Yeah, i personally like concerto 1 more. Most of the scene in concerto 2 doesn't really click for me. Anyway here is the link for save file with full CG unlock.

Reactions: frankenvagen

Argnwan

Oct 19, 2020
I found the Concerto series of games disappointing. No inoino is no Extia game.
Agreed. The art and the heroine design is worse and it feels like your typical mahou shoujo gets assaulted by monsters title that you could get from any other studio. It's like they only made Concerto to squeeze some extra dollars from the ExS-Tia brand name.

Last edited:

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
Wait, how did you extract, alter and repack the ypf files? All the new games are using the same file type and in the future I want to translate them. Please be as specific as possible on the instructions.