RPGM None [Translation Request] Dirty hawkers want to prolong war [1.2.2] [Corrupt]

kusshea

Nov 9, 2018
Hey Jooop just wondering whats your plan with Evilize and Peddler translations? Are you gonna release them simultaneously or whenever one of them are done? Your reporting Evilize alot, so can we expect Evilize to be finished first?

Thx for your hard work :D

holyfudgecakes

Jun 11, 2019
mega download link please? :)
Just saw this and wanted to let people know I'm working on a translation patch for version 1.24 of the game, NOT A FULL RELEASE. You will still need to get the 1.24 version of the game on your own.
Jooop's not going to be distributing the game. Jooop is only going to be distributing the finished translation patch when it's finished.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Hey Jooop just wondering whats your plan with Evilize and Peddler translations? Are you gonna release them simultaneously or whenever one of them are done? Your reporting Evilize alot, so can we expect Evilize to be finished first?

Thx for your hard work :D
At this rate, Evilize will likely get done first. I actually have quite a tiny attention span so Demon Peddler’s dialogue can really take it out of me at times. It’s not badly written, just sometimes gets repetitive. If you played Insect Angels and read a lot of the dialogue between the Angels and Barzam you’ll know exactly what I mean.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Damn, didn’t realize it had been a month since I said anything, sorry about that folks. I had some stuff going on and didn’t realize how much time had passed.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Hey everyone, it's time you all got a decent update on the goings ons of the translation. First off, bugs, I did a play test and here's the current problems. Hiring the unique employees crashes the game, it has something to do with me changing their names. This is a problem I've mentioned before and it's still there at the moment. Second, upgrade tree, for some reason, the upgrade tree resets itself after your upgrades reach a certain level, Haven't figured that one out either. Finally, the bridge event doesn't work. While not critical to the plot or winning the game, it's a handy addition for travelling between the two kingdoms. You don't get the letter asking you to donate to the bridge fund, so the event can't trigger. I plan on fixing these after I've finished translating dialogue. As for dialogue, I've finished translating the dialogue for the Yamano kingdom's ruler's corruption and the post corruption prostitution event. After this post, I plan to just talk about the game mechanics just so I get more active on this forum and not leave people wondering where the hell I am. Thanks for being patient and I'm sorry I'm still not done.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
I suppose I can talk about why Kukuru, the player character, is selling weapons to two warring kingdoms. It’s actually not out of a nefarious conspiracy surprisingly enough. Well, it’s not Kukuru’s anyway. She’s selling weapons because she broke her sister’s merchandise and is doing business with the two kingdoms to pay off her debt. It’s also her sister’s way of making Kukuru get more active as a merchant.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
I suppose I can talk about why Kukuru, the player character, is selling weapons to two warring kingdoms. It’s actually not out of a nefarious conspiracy surprisingly enough. Well, it’s not Kukuru’s anyway. She’s selling weapons because she broke her sister’s merchandise and is doing business with the two kingdoms to pay off her debt. It’s also her sister’s way of making Kukuru get more active as a merchant.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
are the characters the same ones from village of nightmare?
Yup, it’s the merchant twins from Village of Nightmare 1. You play as the former younger brother. The unique employees are also cameos from previous games.

Reactions: Li Qiye

unicron9999

Apr 16, 2020
Would you be willing to release the unfinished/bugged translation? I'd like to mess around on it and see if I can't put a strategy together while waiting.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Would you be willing to release the unfinished/bugged translation? I'd like to mess around on it and see if I can't put a strategy together while waiting.
Possibly, since Ive kept everyone waiting so long. I need to think on it.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Possibly, since Ive kept everyone waiting so long. I need to think on it.
So, I thought long and hard about this proposal, and for the moment, I've decided against it. As some people who have followed me since the beginning know, the creator of this game, Jkank is aware I've translated Insect Angels and that I'm currently translating Demon Peddler. I understand that it's inevitable that pirated copies of the game will exist, but I personally want to minimalize my part in it as much as possible. It's why I'm releasing this as a patch and keeping my cards close to my chest in who I involve myself with in my work. I simply want to release it when it's completed so it's on the record that I NEVER released my translation as a full game. Basically, the less fingers that are in this pie during its development, the better. Maybe there's a flaw in my logic, I don't know, but I'm just more comfortable having little to no people involved in my translations until they're done.

unicron9999

Apr 16, 2020
So, I thought long and hard about this proposal, and for the moment, I've decided against it. As some people who have followed me since the beginning know, the creator of this game, Jkank is aware I've translated Insect Angels and that I'm currently translating Demon Peddler. I understand that it's inevitable that pirated copies of the game will exist, but I personally want to minimalize my part in it as much as possible. It's why I'm releasing this as a patch and keeping my cards close to my chest in who I involve myself with in my work. I simply want to release it when it's completed so it's on the record that I NEVER released my translation as a full game. Basically, the less fingers that are in this pie during its development, the better. Maybe there's a flaw in my logic, I don't know, but I'm just more comfortable having little to no people involved in my translations until they're done.
Super valid! I can't wait to buy the game when the translation patch is released!! ^^ I really hope they keep making new ones and that's the best way to ensure that.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
I'm just going to write the guide here.

Your First Targets:

To start, I'd suggest focusing on two specific generals, one from each faction to corrupt. Go there, understand what their troops generally want, and provide them with the desired items. I'd recommend for the forest kingdom side Cypress or Persimmon. For the Yamano side, either Tsutsuji or Rindou. I recommend these four as their troops often ask for the most inexpensive gear at the start. Fortunately, getting an idea of what these general's troops want isn't very difficult and they often ask for items that fit the theme of their generals.

Cypress=Swords/shields
Persimmon=bows/crossbows
Tsutsuji=knives/guns
Rindou=talismans/caltrops

Your goal is to basically make a good impression on their men and sell enough wares or get fucked by them enough to have them endorse you as someone worth trading with. That's when you come face to face with a general and can start selling to them as well.

Corruption:

This is what you're all here for, of course, and here's how it works. Selling items and whoring yourself out spreads corruption. Now, it's not as easy to gauge corruption on a common soldier, but it's incredibly simple for the generals. Each general starts at 0 corruption and your wares will make that number go up. Once they reach certain corruption thresholds, the generals will begin to change. For women, they turn into half demons at 300, then full demons at 800. For men, they'll turn into women at 100 corruption, then half demons at 500, and finally, at 1000 corruption, they'll become full demons.

Early Game:

As I mentioned before, just focus on two generals. The reason for this is because of the faction war that is ever present throughout the game. The Forest Kingdom and Yamano are constantly fighting against each other and sometimes, one faction just has more momentum over the others depending on the generals in battle and weather. The reason you should corrupt two generals as soon as possible is so that you can manipulate who's fighting who more easily and help buy yourself more time. You see, a general that's ready to become a full demon or is a full demon already is willing to fuck you. However, having sex with a general will end the day early, in exchange, you'll receive a decent amount of money and no progress will be made in the war effort. That means more time for you to sell wares and you can stop a general who's too strong from curbing stomping the other faction and ending the game early. Keep in mind though, this only makes them stronger for the next fight which is why you'll want another general on the other faction to be corrupted as well.

Upgrades:

You can upgrade your character in various ways. I would recommend upgrading your negotiation skills and movement speed first. This game will require you to haggle and negotiate an acceptable price between you and the customer and the negotiation skill will make it easier to determine the highest price the customer is willing to pay. As for movement speed, this game is always in real time barring a few scenarios. That means you need to go to and from locations as fast as possible, lest you fail to do your business in time before the days end. The faster you can move the less time that will be wasted.

Crafting:

This is incredibly simple. Craft almost only weapons. Weapons are the most requested item by a country mile, in my opinion, it's not even worth your time training other employees in other skills with one exception, crafting crystals. Crystals are vital to creating the most valuable items in the game and you're going to need a lot of them, otherwise, selling wares will be next to impossible in the late game. The best ratio of crafters I've seen in my playthroughs are 3 employees dedicated solely speced for weapons while everyone else is speced for crystal crafting.

Employees:

This is also simple, hire people you want and upgrade the skills they're best at. Don't forget you own slaves as well and slaves that spend a long time in the slave pens will also have the opportunity to become corrupted into demon employees. Keep in mind, there are 3 unique and very highly skilled employees you can hire. They all have their own special introductory scene. Make sure you hire them as soon as their scene ends because they'll be instrumental in making quality items. Finally, don't forget to improve an employees salary later on. A better salary means they'll get more skill points to spend when they level up so make that decision early. Upgrading an employee who already has a high level is basically a waste of time as it will take forever for them to level up.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Well, I here’s something I don’t like about Demon Peddler. I think it’s an interesting idea to use different art styles for both factions, but I ultimately disapprove of the choice. Reason being, it’s a little too jarring. Not to mention, the sex scenes switch the art for the Yamano faction again anyway. During the sex scenes all factions use the art style for the Forest Kingdom.