RPGM - Completed - Town of Passion [v1.1] [Siren's Domain]

1. 4.00 star(s)

popabear

Review of version 1.4.2

Town of Passion is a great RPG Maker game with cute and sexy 2d art and a decent story. If you like RPG Maker games then this is a must play and easily one of the best.
    I myself am not a huge fan of the RPG Maker engine though, I always get the feeling that the big heads of the characters in the point-and-click portion of the game makes them seem like children and that doesn't really sit well with me. Despite this, I still feel this game deserves a solid 4 stars regardless. The gameplay is varied, non-linear and quite creative. The puzzles are nice. The game features sound all the way through, which I feel is a huge plus. The story is decent but nothing spectacular.

The busty mom thing has been done to death by now so that gets a slight minus from me. Also it's fucking annoying with the 2-square exits to buildings: Whenever I get home and I click on the stairs to go down my MC immediately exits the building instead. This is just lazy programming!

The "holiday special" content I feel has no place in the standard game. Devs need to stop having this content in the standard game and instead release it as stand-alone content. It's totally immersion breaking and adds little to the overall game. I would have liked it a lot more if all that effort had gone into making the game longer instead of this pointless christmas/hallowen spinoff.

Recommended if you like RPGMaker games and the 2d art style.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ginyu69

The game is really good with unlocking scenes and the art style is super kawaii the game play is regular RPG maker stuff. The game has tons of content the characters are all different the puzzles are all simple enough there is also a full guide if you get stuck and is still being updated definitely give it a shot you wont be disappointed
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jethro_black

A great example of how an RPGM game can be done well. Fantastic art, quests and puzzles are fun and not too challenging and the story is very well written. An excellent game all around and one I look forward to getting updates for.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Gwandoya

An unique and original story with very well dessigned characters, every one is different and they're not the same stereotyped lusty/horny companions like many other games. The 2D art is awesome, and the progression in the main story and "sidequests" made it worthly to play it during hours.
    Also (interesting information) the updates are -+ every month, the creator i very active and you dont need to save at different times to get all the art ;)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

t1181240

Very well made RPGM game with interesting story and moderately hard puzzles. The art is well darwn and the characters are interesting and they have their own desires and motives. This one is easy to recommend! :love:
  6. 5.00 star(s)

twitterpation

PLOT: It's nothing super unique, but the writing really makes it work quite well! Basically, the men of Valencia have all vanished, likely due to the machinations of an evil goddess, and you are the saviour tasked with restoring balance (in a harem situation of a village where you're the only dude left!). Different character arcs really do feel different and unique in their own right, and it's well worth the effort of running around performing various quests and trying to get to see everything. The overarching "main" story is also very interesting to follow and it's one of those few instances where the plot complements the sex scenes nicely.

ART: Artwork can be a hit or miss for some people. Personally, I quite liked the voluptuous 2D style, and the almost cartoonish colour schemes, but I can see why the faces or the artstyle may put certain people off. The scenes are a mix of 2D stills and animated 2D, and it really works quite well! However, the assets are generic RPG Maker maps, and the sprites are as well, so nothing special going on there.

WRITING: Writing is really quite excellent! Characters are lovable and believable, with their rising levels of lust are portrayed nicely. Writing of descriptions, dialogues, and the quests/storylines are all well above average. Commendable!

GAMEPLAY: There's basically no combat here, which is fantastic, as I've been through too many grindest RPG Maker projects already. Objectives are mainly exploration, with heavy emphasis on puzzles, that have to be solved in order to progress anywhere. The gameplay isn't too difficult, and the puzzles make you work just the right amount for the rewarding scenes at the end.

SOUND: Standard RPG Maker soundtrack, with a bit of stock moaning and sex sounds thrown in; these aren't really used all that well., however, and I could really do without. They sound subpar and feel artificially forced in. A low point in an otherwise great game.

Overall, I'd give this game a 9/10! The only reason I didn't give a full score is because the soundtrack, maps, and sprites are all nothing special. That being said, they're sufficient, and do the job. Town of Passion really stands out as one of my favourite adult games out there, and it's already got plenty of content, and is definitely well worth playing.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

u z i

v1.1.2

definitely one of the better rpgm games. the art work is really good. characters are nicely made. gameplay is smooth and overall a really fun game to play. the balance between quests/grind(not much grind really) and the 'good' scenes just hit the spot for me. recommended to anyone looking for a saucy rpg game ;)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Riful of the West

Love this game! More than just a sex-oriented game, it gives you a truly gaming experience - the challenges and the puzzles provide this feeling. Costume events and quests add further game content, and it is a great way to make you into the game. Easily one of the best I've found on this site. Looking forward for the next updates!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ProximaLewds

Easily one of the best RPG Maker games posted on the site. The art style and presentation are top notch and there is a bit more to the game play than just "fuck everyone in the village." If you need a break from poorly translated DAZ model filled 0.0001 build incest games, I'd suggest getting this and actually supporting the creator.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Batspekas

nice visuals and great storyline as well. gameplay is also fun. The extra costumes help expand game time and also call back to other intellectual properties which is fantastic. 10/10 will keep playing even after the game is finished
  11. 5.00 star(s)

tarzan123

One of the few great rpgm games I've played on this site. It feels like an actual game not just a stupid grindfest filled with running to prolong the playtime without having any real content. I love the art even thought at first it felt a little bit weird and dialogues are simple yet interesting and sex talk is actually arousing. Hope this game will get a lot of love (I like Zombie Retreat as well!) so please developer keep up the great work and continue with giving us leeches more stories to uncover.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Sokaris

Town of Passion is one of the H best game I've played so far.
    It is well written, the puzzles are easy to figure out even though giving a little challenge, and I love that it is possible to change outfits of the female characters.
    Also it's sometimes nice to play a game that does only involve full consent ; the art is beautiful but some girls really look the same (Rose, Raylene and Tania).
    Anyway it's a pleasant and fun game to play.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

DiTo

The game is really awesome! There is a good deal of content already so it's awesome to play through. The story is interesting and as it develops it promises a lot more depth in the future. Another great thing about this game is that it is updated regularly unlike some other games out there. Highly recommended.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

TheArchitech

The art is this games strong suit that being said it suffers heavily from same face and The animations aren't really animations just jelly bone tweening. The animation would be better served with as a variations of the same pic rather then the paper doll style animation it has going The mini games are pretty awful, but are a good concept they just lack the proper execution some are in desperate need of hints. A lot being puzzles that boil down to trial and error.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

lo0u

Very good game.

I really like RPG games, but unfortunately there aren't many RPG maker games that are that good. Either they lack in art, story or are too silly, too buggy and the design, quests, sound, mini-games and maps are bad.

This one is on point in almost everything.

The art is fantastic. It's my favorite art style.
    The game's story (although well written and put together), isn't the strongest point right now, since it's in its earlier stages, but it has a foundation and is interesting.

Things like, the good level design, fun mini games and puzzles that aren't annoyingly difficult, they're just fun and make sense. The writing and dialog isn't cringe worthy like some games in the same genre, and seems like it had some thought behind it. The game also has a lore, which can be built upon on future updates. All of this overshadow the slow story progression at this point.

Although it's small right now, the game gives you a sense of freedom, which is exactly what I love about RPG games. The grind is actually there, but to me it was acceptable and not annoying. I think it is necessary for this game's future.
    The title says it's a Beta, but this game is already much better than many completed ones.

I highly recommend it, for the stage it is in and for what it's already offering, I have to rate it 5 stars. It's one of my favorite games now.

One thing I hope they add to it, is more options during sex, like foreplay, in which the MC can choose, and not be forced to do it, so it could make the girls react in a certain way. Also more anal and more scenes at different places instead of the same location. I think the more options you have, the better.
    All in all, I love the game already.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Pr0phet

i like this game its quite simple not too big of a area where u have to walk endlessly to complete your objective scenes arent bad either all tho Salacious Sakura events BJ scenes arent that good they could be reworked but id rather game to continue with story
  17. 5.00 star(s)

The Coder

Good game.... Better than summer time saga in my opinion... Good story like... Good game play.... Character are awesome..
    Ups
    1) good character
    2) animated
    3)good story
    4)big map

Downs
    1) not much... Still under development... Has a lot of potential
  18. 5.00 star(s)

neverknowsbest90

pros:
    well written
    great art
    animated h-scenes with sound effects
    good soundtrack
    not too grindy
    themed events with cosplay

cons:
    relatively short (~4 hours)

other considerations (these may be pros or cons for you):
    no extreme fetishes
    puzzles can be frustrating for some but they're easy enough with the walkthrough

Overall the pros outweigh the cons.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

WatchMeDrive

Based on 0.5.6:

*Art is fantastic. Bodies and facial structure look mainly the same but the art is very alluring.

*Dialogue is great. You really get a Mom/Aunt vibe from your family members. It's all very immersive and believable.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Sandiegodm

-I love the original art style, much better than the 3D generic characters.
    -The mini-games are hard enough to entertain you, but easy enough to not get anoying.
    -I love the story too and the medieval fantasy theme.
    -Hope the creators have success in this project and expand this "world" on future.