RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone 9F] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I don't know about the rest of you, but Koda's stuff has gotten old for me. This new update shows that you can only do so much without needing new CGs. The only new stuff we got with Cobra just wasn't for me, and even though Lily's content is by far my favorite of the bunch, a simple dialogue change just isn't gonna do much for me. Been there, done that, nothing new.
From the reaction people have to Bo's new artwork that pops up every now and then from the discord, I think it's safe to assume I'm not the only one who would rather Bo focused on the CGs first and foremost for this game. I mean, every time ashigame changes his profile picture someone's asking where to find it, and half the time the pic isn't even a new CG, just an edit.
Though your stance may be a touch harsh in regards to my own opinion, I do have to concur more than disagree. There is a sort of formulaic approach to these expansions that is getting repetitive, and I didn't really look at it this way until you pointed it out, but I do think that's what has been bothering me too. Details are different for each, but essentially all the bosses want to keep Ethan as a pet for no concrete or consequential reason. Once the storyline is complete, nothing really changes except a few lines of dialog. There is no reason to avoid submitting as there are no actual consequences, so as of right now you might as well submit to everyone to unlock all the scenes.

I think that's why Khulan's rage scene stood out so much, because it was different and final, with real consequence. Might not have been my cup of tea, nor most people's, but it had an impact. I don't have a solution to solve what I see as an approaching dilemma of staleness, but that's why I am not a creative writer. I hope they think of something, because I'm looking forward far more to the new girl than the expansions, and it used to be the reverse.

Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017
Of course the CGs are the main attraction, but we have to understand that each one of them requires lots of work, even more when animated. Scarlett must have been way easier for Bo Wei, as we are yet to see any animation of her.
AFAIK, Koda is not an artist. He is a damn good screenwriter.
If he was an artist, it would be kinda cool to see him creating OCs with Bo's supervision and even doing Bo's characters CGs in his perspective/touch.
If they have to focus in other aspects of gamemaking aside from CGs, like new battle gimmicks for new characters, equipments, expansion stuff (minigames, sidequests, etc), the environment design and specially the plot, it's comprehensible that we don't have an arsenal of new CGs per update.

And I personally feel ya about Cobra's expansion, as I find anything related to the male sexuality/phisiology something repulsive. I personally hoped Bo Wei would be forever immune from the "g@y sh*t" that usually comes as a trojan horse in this game's genre, but it can't be helped: there are lots of patrons who are into these kinds of stuff that are simply not for us, and they got what they asked for.
Let's just keep our expectations high for the new update, as tons of content are expected to come.
I do agree that Cobra’s last scene is quite divisive (not as extreme as Khulan’s rage one, but that was an optional path coupled with another, while with Cobra there’s just one). I don’t feel repulsed by it, but it’s neither my primary femdom kink, howewer, I don’t understand why it should be classified as ‘gay sh*t’, either. People that are into strapon pegging can be straight and don’t like m/m content.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Though your stance may be a touch harsh in regards to my own opinion, I do have to concur more than disagree. There is a sort of formulaic approach to these expansions that is getting repetitive, and I didn't really look at it this way until you pointed it out, but I do think that's what has been bothering me too. Details are different for each, but essentially all the bosses want to keep Ethan as a pet for no concrete or consequential reason. Once the storyline is complete, nothing really changes except a few lines of dialog. There is no reason to avoid submitting as there are no actual consequences, so as of right now you might as well submit to everyone to unlock all the scenes.

I think that's why Khulan's rage scene stood out so much, because it was different and final, with real consequence. Might not have been my cup of tea, nor most people's, but it had an impact. I don't have a solution to solve what I see as an approaching dilemma of staleness, but that's why I am not a creative writer. I hope they think of something, because I'm looking forward far more to the new girl than the expansions, and it used to be the reverse.
This! Scenes with more finality to them are the best :D
P.S Just keep posting pictures guys :D

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017

I just wish they'd finish what they started. I liked the new Cobra stuff, even though I'm not into pegging, but you finish all of her submission plot and then what? You get to trigger the same scenes again. I guess.

Eliza has that "she has no need of you YET", hinting that more content is coming her way. I'd rather see completed expansions for less floors rather than unfinished stuff for all of them, but at least with Eliza we know an actual reward for completing her subplot is coming, hopefully it'll be the same for Cobra.

Regarding the fact that every girl wants Ethan as a pet don't forget that Koda already hinted at that "main mistress" thing. However while some submissions I understand not changing much (like Cobra as she still wants Ethan to go fetch levels... more or less), others like Scarless should have just kept Ethan on lockdown: give a gameover, a couple of minigames and scenes, and possibly a warning that goes "it's impossible to finish the game from here, it's best if you create a secondary save". Boom! Immersion!

Soulknife

Jun 11, 2018
hHuuuhhhhh.. I'd imagine if I just zip my data folder and you copy paste it into yours (click replace files) it would work. Not 100% sure though; I've never actually exported a mod, only made them work for myself.
(make a backup of your game first)

The scenes I made loop were just the footjob ones. Specifically, priest lady's attack move. Barbarian lady's footjob request post battle. Money lady's footjob scene from the pantyhose, and the blonde chick's footjob scene from giving her the potion.

My data folder would also probably give you the Thanos button and the chest filled with all the items to give blondie because I don't like farming.

[EDIT]

[EDIT 2]
I should probably also mention, because of the way the code works, you gotta hold the Z or ENTER button down for a few seconds to actually end the loop and progress the scene. Some of the animations get sneaky and play under a black screen for some asinine reason at the beginning of certain scenes. Normally its not a problem because the animation ends itself and the scene carries on. With this mod, the animation will loop, and it'll look like its just stuck on a black screen. When that happens, hold Z to end the animation and thus the black screen.

[EDIT 3]
... did I put the latex suit in that chest??
I didn't put the latex suit in that chest.
Whoops.
I'm new to rpgmaker...do you think it's possible/easy to edit mistress cobra drain so she drains you more stats point at a time during the fight and even more when you lose?

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I just wish they'd finish what they started. I liked the new Cobra stuff, even though I'm not into pegging, but you finish all of her submission plot and then what? You get to trigger the same scenes again. I guess.

Eliza has that "she has no need of you YET", hinting that more content is coming her way. I'd rather see completed expansions for less floors rather than unfinished stuff for all of them, but at least with Eliza we know an actual reward for completing her subplot is coming, hopefully it'll be the same for Koda.

Regarding the fact that every girl wants Ethan as a pet don't forget that Koda already hinted at that "main mistress" thing. However while some submissions I understand not changing much (like Cobra as she still wants Ethan to go fetch levels... more or less), others like Scarless should have just kept Ethan on lockdown: give a gameover, a couple of minigames and scenes, and possibly a warning that goes "it's impossible to finish the game from here, it's best if you create a secondary save". Boom! Immersion!
Yeah it just feels like its completely irrelevant to where your savefile is going. There isn't a real difference between my clean save file, which has zero submissions, to my "complete" file, which has all scenes unlocked, besides some dialog and a puppy suit that......unlocks more dialog? Ultimately, who cares?

Give me that "oh shit" moment I had when Khulan gets mad. Make Scarlett have a true gameover, like your example. Have Eliza train Ethan into her permanent disciple. Maybe Lily uses you as a permanent sparring partner/punching bag and challenges Cobra for dominance. I don't know, but give me a reason to fear giving in to the bosses. Maybe just a handicap on the rest of the game. There are 50 different savefiles, if a player isn't using multiple saves to ensure they don't get themselves into a bad situation, then too bad, enjoy your restart.

Reactions: zazzaro

Koda-

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Ultimately, who cares?
The purpose of the expansions is to enjoy more time/content/scenes with the women, not to create feature creep or to force the player to meta-game or micromanage save files (though the player will continue to be prompted at truly save-important moments).

I understand how the "limbo" between the arc-ending capstone scenes and what comes next is frustrating, but remember that the game isn't finished (and I'm not rushing any of the women to their endpoints).

If the character development, dialogue changes, and post-submissions "mini-scenes" (bowl eating, shoe sniffing, Eliza chats, etc.) all feel irrelevant, then my narrative focus might simply not be for you (which is fine). I prefer to focus on the subby journey rather than the destination, and while there will eventually be plenty of dramatic/depraved/consequential actual-ends, you'll have to bear with me until then (or ignore me and focus on Bo's releases; incidentally 6F sounds right up your alley).

Edit: typo

TopBlade

Jan 7, 2018
The purpose of the expansions is to enjoy more time/content/scenes with the women, not to create feature creep or to force the player to meta-game or micromanage save files (though the player will continue to be prompted at truly save-important moments).

I understand how the "limbo" between the arc-ending capstone scenes and what comes next is frustrating, but remember that the game isn't finished (and I'm rushing any of the women to their endpoints).

If the character development, dialogue changes, and post-submissions "mini-scenes" (bowl eating, shoe sniffing, Eliza chats, etc.) all feel irrelevant, then my narrative focus might simply not be for you (which is fine). I prefer to focus on the subby journey rather than the destination, and while there will eventually be plenty of dramatic/depraved/consequential actual-ends, you'll have to bear with me until then (or ignore me and focus on Bo's releases; incidentally 6F sounds right up your alley).
This is exactly how I thought of it actually, I never look at the "expansions" as an end-game thing, I mean there's so many things in the future that could be added. For example, completely random example at that but something way higher up in the floor, you have lily have actually comes and supports you which makes new post-game content and goes off somewhere there. The game is only on the 5th floor and there's like 20 confirmed?

Just take your time which I'm sure you're going to do regardless, people will always complain though it just is what it is. But I think most people understand what this game is going for nonetheless..

Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017

I understand how the "limbo" between the arc-ending capstone scenes and what comes next is frustrating, but remember that the game isn't finished (and I'm rushing any of the women to their endpoints).

For what it’s worth, I really appreciated all the expansion paths you created. As I said before, they gave the game a more detailed and complex look to me.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018

It wasn't meant as a scathing criticism Koda, and I understand the incomplete status of the game. I am more than willing to see where you go with the product before passing a final judgement. I just feel that there should be SOME drawback to choosing to submit to a mistress. Now perhaps this will all be solved in endings or what have you, but at the moment there is virtually no point to the system. It makes choice in "mistresses" rather hollow, doesn't it? But, then again I'm not a writer, so perhaps it's my naivete on display. It's also just one person's opinion, and I'm probably in the minority.

Reactions: zazzaro

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
@Koda- I see what you are going for, and I understand it I think, but also when you build all that anticipation in dialogue people do expect something at the end of the tunnel, and when you don't deliver people will be disappointed. Taking the last update as example: Cobra hinted at making yo boy Ethan her toilet 3 times: during her panties scenes, during her facesitting scene and during the pegging scene, and yet by the end nothing changed.

Now don't get us wrong, it's not like we don't appreciate your side of the work, but that doesn't mean we don't feel like there couldn't be improvments. I don't know what you and Bo have in mind and how our criticism can apply, but maybe think about it a little?

This is exactly how I thought of it actually, I never look at the "expansions" as an end-game thing, I mean there's so many things in the future that could be added. For example, completely random example at that but something way higher up in the floor, you have lily have actually comes and supports you which makes new post-game content and goes off somewhere there. The game is only on the 5th floor and there's like 20 confirmed?

Just take your time which I'm sure you're going to do regardless, people will always complain though it just is what it is. But I think most people understand what this game is going for nonetheless..
Don't shoot us down like that, bahamut and I are between the most active members here and we wouldn't be if we didn't like that game. Incidentally this is also I belive the first update we had some issues with at least since I've been here, and as bahamut said it's because the bar has been set pretty high.

It is also worth considering that this is the only update I've seen the community as a whole being (at least partially) unhappy about, so hopefully Koda won't just cut it off as "people will always complain" and instead take the criticism at heart. I've read some complaints about Khulan also, but those are were kink dislikes, not much to do about that.

EvaSlavE

Sep 11, 2018
a puppy suit that......unlocks more dialog? Ultimately, who cares?
Uhhh, I dunno about anyone else, but honestly my biggest motivation to take a boss down is to get to wear that suit around them and get even more interactions... dunno why else I’d be playing the game.

I can definitely relate to wanting more finality to the routes and a feeling like we can really particularly submit to one girl, but... that’d really pidgeonhole development into one direction, and not necessarily for the better. Knowing that the game is still in development and eventually the girls will get more conclusive stuff is more than enough for me. Especially because it means the descent into their clutches will be that much more drawn out thanks to all the little bits of content that get updated into it in the meantime.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes