3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
modded exe. I don't use any special programs to get that FPS either. Idk why it's acting like that for you guys. I have 8gb of ram and maybe that helps but you guys have some decent processors so you probably have 8gb+ as well. I haven't updated Windows 10 in months though cause of not a huge fan on automatic updates.
I run the preview version of windows, build: 15058. I have 24GB of RAM and the game is running on an RAID 0 SSHDs. So there should absolutely be no FPS limiting going on.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Build 10586 of Windows 10. Went ahead and attached an image to show my FPS.
Untitled.png

AntonZap

Aug 6, 2016
Actually, after a google search it seems the author (Replying to an user in another forum) is aware of the bug, that some Windows 10 users are experiencing an error related to graphics drivers, which makes the game try to render everything using only the CPU.

However, he also said that since he uses a really old machine, he cannot solve the issue because he doesn't have anything to try and test solutions.

So, it seems we are fucked until he updates his hardware, whether we blame Microsoft for breaking something along the way, or the guy for using Windows xp in 2017, is up in the air I guess.

Reactions: 3xpurt

Mance

Aug 18, 2016
Game runs fine for me on windows 10. A little CPU hungry but no fps drops or anything.

AntonZap

Aug 6, 2016
Game runs fine for me on windows 10. A little CPU hungry but no fps drops or anything.
Quick couple of questions, what's your GPU and do you have your Windows updated?, because so far we have 2 NVIDIA/updated windows users with the bug and an AMD/outdated Windows user without it.

Magmanox

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Quick couple of questions, what's your GPU and do you have your Windows updated?, because so far we have 2 NVIDIA/updated windows users with the bug and an AMD/outdated Windows user without it.
I'm using an NVIDIA 970 on Windows 10 Everything Updated and this Version is running smoother than any have in the past. The only time the game slows down is when I move the camera, but that's a side effect of the way he has coded the time management I believe.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I'm using an NVIDIA 970 on Windows 10 Everything Updated and this Version is running smoother than any have in the past. The only time the game slows down is when I move the camera, but that's a side effect of the way he has coded the time management I believe.
What's your average FPS?

necron

Nov 5, 2016
Hello Everyone

Anyone know if it's possible to properly edit .dat files, like data\actors\act00.dat, my aim is to add more events and requirements to NPCs before you can engage with them sexually.

Mance

Aug 18, 2016
1080 Ti. Just replaced my 780ti which also ran well. Windows and nVidia fully updated.

seleucus

Oct 21, 2016
Gonna need more information. Screenshot? Error Code? Step by Step of what you're doing? did you try the setup.exe that the dev added to disable the AA that is crashing on alot of systems?
I got it working, though I don't remember now what it was that I did to get it working.

Joshego

Donor
Aug 7, 2016
game runs very slow on windows 10, 13-15 fps only regardless the graphic setting.
it uses only 12%of cpu and there is no gpu usage...
I'm an I7 and amd user windows and driver all updated.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
the game is not multithreaded, which means it only uses one core out of the N present in your cpu. Also it has no hardware graphics acceleration (the gpu is not used, only the cpu)

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Damn, I guess I wasn't the only one who forgot this game existed. Anyways as for the who game being single core non-gpu reliant. Compared to some others on here that is having issues, my processor is total shit. It's a quad-core AMD 1.8ghz processor and I run the game around 30+ FPS. So it's more or less and optimization issue on the Dev's side. He's optimized the game for lower end PCs but not higher end PCs. The Dev mention that he doesn't have a high end PC and this game is being built on an engine he made so that's part of the issue. Basically he needs to attempt to save some cash and buy and/or build a better PC and hang on to his current PC to be able to optimize the game for high and low end PCs.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
No problems here with Win7, i5@3.2GHz, 16GB, Radeon 380.
Also works fine on an old Win7, AMD 1100@3.6GHz.
My best guess is that Win10 is the problem because of dx9. Updating from Win7/8 should cause lesser problems.
I hate that Win10 as a whole. I tried it twice. Both times I got sick of it within 2 days.
Probably I'm old fashioned.

Btw. The Filebox link in the OP is from v0.721.
I think it's a great game once you are used to it.
Yes, the graphics are a bit outdated but that doesn't bother me.
There is a lot it can expand into full neighbourhoods. Maybe even combining with his other projects.
It can be milked like EA did with The Sims.

4.20 star(s) 27 Votes