To all my fellow devs who are brave enough -what grinds your gears?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
There are of course a couple who stays with the game for some odd reasons and keep liking negativity comments
Game thread "likes" all count towards the popularity of the game. regardless of whether the like was in support of a negative comment or a positive comment. haters gonna hate... their liking your game thread is icing on the cake

Reactions: HopesGaming

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Game thread "likes" all count towards the popularity of the game. regardless of whether the like was in support of a negative comment or a positive comment. haters gonna hate... their liking your game thread is icing on the cake
Heh.. good point! :)

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Being that the words "lesbian" and "gay" have numerous conflicting definitions, perhaps the use of abstract terms should be avoided, in favor of the more scene descriptive tags: FM FF MM FFM FMM FFFF MMMM FFFM FMMM fM Fm
These tags would clearly identify the type of content, that some users may find objectionable.
I agree - it would make groupsex and LGBT content a lot clearer and avoid disappointment. However, I think you'd still have to delineate between, say, Bi-FMM and S(traight)-FMM.

The only downside for me would be that - given my game - my entire tag list would be a long row of Fs and Ms. And that's before TG gets thrown in the mix.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I agree - it would make groupsex and LGBT content a lot clearer and avoid disappointment. However, I think you'd still have to delineate between, say, Bi-FMM and S(traight)-FMM.

The only downside for me would be that - given my game - my entire tag list would be a long row of Fs and Ms. And that's before TG gets thrown in the mix.
longer than 4 in a train? I haven't played your game. letters for every character in the scene not the whole game game
Lucio-Saints-Jalil-Jafal-Miro-Mendel-Rudolf-Schneider-Train-Fuck-Gay-Sex.jpg

Reactions: RanliLabz

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
longer than 4 in a train? I haven't played your game. letters for every character in the scene not the whole game game
View attachment 276402
lol - more because its a mix of bi, gay, straight and tg. For example, just one small fantasy sequence would involve FM, MMMMMFF, MMMMF, MMMM depending on which options you chose.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Much like other highly descriptive and specific tags, that doesn't solve much and only adds clutter to the tags section, we have games with 30+ tags already even when they are general and often cover lots of different actions. Properly describing sex scenes would surely push some games *cough* Roundscape, Tits *cough* to 100+, to the point where even reading and making sense of the tagging system would be a chore.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Much like other highly descriptive and specific tags, that doesn't solve much and only adds clutter to the tags section, we have games with 30+ tags already even when they are general and often cover lots of different actions. Properly describing sex scenes would surely push some games *cough* Roundscape, Tits *cough* to 100+, to the point where even reading and making sense of the tagging system would be a chore.
the popular tag list is getting cluttered up with asset tags. green assets, blue assets, big assets, small assets, fingernail assets, shoe assets, asset-addon asset-animal asset-animation asset-bundle asset-character asset-clothing asset-environment asset-expression asset-hair asset-hdri asset-light asset-morph asset-plugin asset-pose asset-prop asset-script asset-shader asset-texture asset-utility asset-vehicle

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
And Ass-sets? :p
What if you have multiple mc's? F/FFMF, F/MF, M/FFF? or penis/dildo/toy/big-cock? :LOL:

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Simplest solution a tag for "All_Girls_Are_Bisexual_Trope". /s, but not totally

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
And Ass-sets? :p
What if you have multiple mc's? F/FFMF, F/MF, M/FFF? or penis/dildo/toy/big-cock? :LOL:
The tag describes the type of sexual interactions that can be seen in this game.
FM = Female / Male
FF = Female / Female interaction
FFM = Female / Female / Male 3some
FMM = Female / Male / Male 3some
FFF = Female 3some
MMM = Male 3some

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The tag describes the type of sexual interactions that can be seen in this game.
FM = Female / Male
FF = Female / Female interaction
FFM = Female / Female / Male 3some
FMM = Female / Male / Male 3some
FFF = Female 3some
MMM = Male 3some
Well even using those tags you don't necessarily have enough info to know for sure whether it's what you want. A FM scene could mean a female fucking a male in the ass with a strapon, which I don't want to see. A FFM or FMM scene could have a male on the receiving end in a similar way, which I don't want to see, where as a gay tag would let you know for sure that a male is on the receiving end at least some of the time. I guess you could avoid anything with the anal tag, but that would also rule out anal scenes where a female is receiving.

I don't see an out for a lesbian looking to ensure she never sees a penis unless there just aren't any males at all in the story. You'll never make everyone happy anyway though.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I don't see an out for a lesbian looking to ensure she never sees a penis unless there just aren't any males at all in the story. You'll never make everyone happy anyway though.
Normally there is "include" and "exclude" for tags
someone allergic to penis could exclude FM,FFM,FMM + include FF,FFF and greatly reduce the risk of their female having male cooties.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Ok, so we create a new tag, gaynal. This tag is specifically for man on man anal. Gayjob, could be for man on man blowjobs.

Then, for futa on male, when the male is the protagonist, we use a pegging tag. If there isn't already a pegging tag, there should be.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The one really needed tag is... "tag". Who would care about sex when you can play tag?! Sadly, no one has to my knowledge tried to incorporate a game of tag in a game. It could have variations. In my native language the equivalent of "tag" also has a second meaning that describes wanking.:)

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Hello,
At some point it would be faster to join the script of the game rather than surfing throw the tags, the definition of the tags, the personal interpretation of the tags and the common understanding of them...hehe.

As many of you here are devs, you already well known that most users and almost 99% of trolls won't even read neither the tags or the previous posts of the thread so...

On a personal note, due to a good internet service i can fast download and if at some point the content don't suit my tastes, i just quit the game and move on to another ! Full rage mode on any available content here (the most controversial is already banned - which i'm glad of ) is more questionable on a personal level. I mean by that, as it is games and pixels, if you feel offended by something to the point to break your screen or fall down in foetal position, it is not the tags i will point out...
I don't like rape and bestiallity, if by error i found out some, i quit the game, simple as that.

About the NTR, funny that almost no thread of the entire forum do not mention it at least once, you can clarify as much as you want the definitions, read back almost all the ranting posts about it : most of them show that the plaintive is offended by any other dick than the MC"s. They want the full harem mode on and assume the role of the so called alpha male.
You can give us the most accurate definition and give them all the proof or explications you want, it'll most likely be pointless and exhausting for minimal results.

My 2 cents - can be wrong ofc but.. Apologies to Natives or fluent English readers for mine.

Reactions: Only4You

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
About the NTR, funny that almost no thread of the entire forum do not mention it at least once, you can clarify as much as you want the definitions, read back almost all the ranting posts about it : most of them show that the plaintive is offended by any other dick than the MC"s. They want the full harem mode on and assume the role of the so called alpha male.
You can give us the most accurate definition and give them all the proof or explications you want, it'll most likely be pointless and exhausting for minimal results.
The difference, being, what they think doesn't matter. F95 has made a mistake in allowing the definition to be so broad in the first place. They've capitulated to a vocal group of people rather than telling them to grow the fuck up. I know they want to reduce tags, but honestly I think there is a point where you have too few tags.

Someone did say previously, tags are great both as a way to find what you do want, and to filter out what you don't. For instance, I really like male domination, BDSM, and corruption. However, if I filter out the rape tag I'll probably only get Harem Hotel and like 3 other games. So, having more tags actually gives you the ability to better narrow your search.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
They've capitulated to a vocal group of people rather than telling them to grow the fuck up
Agreed.
So, having more tags actually gives you the ability to better narrow your search.
True, i must confess that my vision was tainted by the "very vocal and active group" and forgot that there is also a large community of users with much more than a couple brain cells and those tools can be indeed very usefull. I should have actived my third neurons. Very much valid point you present.

Only4You

Feb 12, 2018
Someone did say previously, tags are great both as a way to find what you do want, and to filter out what you don't. For instance, I really like male domination, BDSM, and corruption. However, if I filter out the rape tag I'll probably only get Harem Hotel and like 3 other games. So, having more tags actually gives you the ability to better narrow your search.
True, i must confess that my vision was tainted by the "very vocal and active group" and forgot that there is also a large community of users with much more than a couple brain cells and those tools can be indeed very usefull. I should have actived my third neurons. Very much valid point you present.
Agreed. I've often felt like the tags in F95Zone are too broad. For example, there is only one "incest" tag, now that can range from relationships among cousins to among mother and son. Now, say, someone is looking for a milder form of incest, even among incest lovers there might be players who would find mom-son incest quite extreme and will be repulsed by it. On the other hand, some players are looking for very specific types of incest. I often see posts in the recommendation forum like this - "Can you suggest me a good mom-son incest game like X?" And someone would reply, try searching with "incest" and "MILF" tags. But obviously, that's not ideal. It may very well lead to a game containing only brother-sister incest where there is an unrelated MILF as an additional love interest. (And the poor player might not even realize that until playing halfway through the game. :D ) All of this hassle could be avoided if there were a "Mother-Son" tag in addition to the "Incest" tag. Those who wanted to avoid incest could just ignore the "Incest" tags in search, while those who are looking for specific forms of incest would just search for that.
So, I believe we have a problem. Even though F95 is such a large, vibrant community with players of varied tastes, its tagging system falls short of even some B-grade piracy websites which clearly mention the types of "kinks" contained within the game. And I don't think it's a matter of huge effort, just the legacy tagging system that no-one has bothered to change/improve.