Saan01

May 31, 2018
actually my game is not saving .....you understand ??? i am confused ...i have played it 3 times but when i went to load it . its all gone ...

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018
actually my game is not saving .....you understand ??? i am confused ...i have played it 3 times but when i went to load it . its all gone ...
I do not mind) but then do not complain)

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
someone can post old saves . [please]
Begging for saves will not change your situation. You should check, why the game is not keeping your saves.

It could be, that your user account has no writing permission for the folder. Here is something you could try:

1. Start the game; go to Option and switch to windowed-mode
2. keep your explorer window (the save folder) next to the game and save. The game should leave a .png and and a .save file in the save folder. If this is not working, you should check your permission for the folder.

See link:

Last edited:

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
Bug report: The game resets itself to full screen highest resolution every time it is started, no matter what.
Bug Report: If you watch Veronika from the couch on the 4th day, the animation loops forever, and the only way to get out of it is to close the game completely. This includes trying to load a save around it; it just keeps playing the animation.

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018
Bug report: The game resets itself to full screen highest resolution every time it is started, no matter what.
Bug Report: If you watch Veronika from the couch on the 4th day, the animation loops forever, and the only way to get out of it is to close the game completely. This includes trying to load a save around it; it just keeps playing the animation.
The first item is not a bug, in the next release there will be a function to automatically memorize a custom screen resolution. On the second point, the question is redirected to the leader in the VNgine universe @Aesouh)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
This is not true. I just tested it on v0.5.P1. Which version do you have - v0.5.0?

EDIT: See changelog for v0.5.0P1:

- Removed Resolution override when you star the game, it now remembers your game size.

It is the first time someone report this behavior. Not sure if this is a game issue, or an issue with your copy of the game :geek: Pls. check the game version on the right botton on the Game Menu.

Last edited:

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
It is the first time someone report this behavior. Not sure if this is a game issue, or an issue with your copy of the game :geek: Pls. check the game version on the right button on the Game Menu.
Hi, just to be sure, did you check the anim when playing, that the loop option is not activated? it is by default for small anim...just stop the anim when playing with ingame UI...

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hi, just to be sure, did you check the anim when playing, that the loop option is not activated? it is by default for small anim...just stop the anim when playing with ingame UI...
Didn't I already add in P1 that a continue button pops up also as an indicator after x amount of time in animation?

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
With the courtesy of Motkeyz and Aesouh, i have a little fun with their arts/work. Fanzine used to be an old hobby of mine and now that the tech is easy access... well i was able to travel back to my youth, hehe.
Here is the result:
la gazette.PNG

NB: i'm not a pro be indulgent - this is just a couple of hours of fun while nothing were on TV, haha.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you, goobdoob for sharing your installation guide of Man of the House! But there is a major difference between MotH and Timestamps regarding animations/videos:

Dear Wine users, animations do not work with Wine! Doesn't matter if you are using Wine-Staging/Wine-Stable on a Mac or Linux! The reason for this is: Windows Media Foundation!

The native Windows version of the game needs Windows Media Foundation for animation playback. However, Wine so far, is not able to use all .dll's of Windows Media Pack or other .msu packs.

Anyway, above installation guide will make the game run on a Mac, but without the animations! (Some animations are important to understand the story a little bit better, because they are more as just some sex scenes. Keep this in mind!)

If you want to enjoy the game completely, and not just the renders, than you need to install a Virtual Machine with Windows. This is the only solution so far!

Thank you for reading! :D
MotH also requires Windows Media Foundation for animations. The regular Wine release train does not support animations with MotH (disclosure: I haven't tried the latest in a while), but certain versions of Wine Staging do, with the correct packages installed via winetricks.

That said, the sex scene with his parents on the night of day 1 ended abruptly; is that an animation that didn't play?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
With the courtesy of Motkeyz and Aesouh, i have a little fun with their arts/work. Fanzine used to be a old hobby of mine and now that the tech is easy access... well i was able to travel back to my youth, hehe.
Here is the result:
View attachment 181500

NB: i'm not a pro be indulgent - this is just a couple of hours of fun while nothing were on TV, haha.
Sacrebleu, monsieur baguette! This is amazing!!:love:

Why is this not on OP already? :eek: Who is the MOD in this thread??! :mad:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yeap! We tried different wine versions like 2.21 etc., but all failed. Timestamps use Unity's build-in videoplayer and MotH use AVPro. This is the difference between them.
I did some checking, and found this bug opened against winetricks:

Winetricks will let you install media foundation (winetricks mf), but it only installs mf.dll instead of all of the mf dlls. Hopefully they'll find a source for the mf dlls and enhance winetricks to handle this.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I did some checking, and found this bug opened against winetricks:

Winetricks will let you install media foundation (winetricks mf), but it only installs mf.dll instead of all of the mf dlls. Hopefully they'll find a source for the mf dlls and enhance winetricks to handle this.
Yeah, I noticed this. This is why I tried to register them by hand, like suggest here:

(first answer)

However, the registration failed every time. I'm not sure how regsver32 works correctly, but using /n commend did something, but not sure what :LOL:
regsvr32 [/u] [/s] [/n] [/i[:cmdline]] dllname

Reactions: Furuichi Imadori
4.10 star(s) 232 Votes