VN Ren'Py Abandoned Three Dates To Bang [v0.2] [Koffee]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 16, 2017
interesting read this feed. someone downloaded some software developed by others, threw some together, setup a patreon account to announce the intent to get money and then complained because after just first release no one was dumb enough to take the bait.

then a few members here pointed out the huge flaw in the devs thinking and said dev has gone a bit meek.
considering this site is used by people because it doesn't cost anything more than the costs of having internet, shouldn't devs be thankful just for the feedback and free advertising for a product that is not even close to complete?

I suppose all that's left is to gamble at how long until the dev abandons this? my money is on v0.4 :D

U

User_10739

Are you typing everything correctly? Brackets, quotation marks, etc? I just double checked on a fresh extraction, and it works.
Worked for me too, TY for that I've been trying everything plus I couldn't read the dir() against the light background.

Reactions: stal1234

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
so downloaded 0.2 and when I run it the resolution is all off. Picture is too large for the frame so it is cut off. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Reactions: stal1234
U

User_10739

V0.3 was due in Sept, then Oct, dev promised release by end of Oct but that didn't happen either. Patronage now down to $20 bucks a month so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an update.

Reactions: dbp5ca and bernthal

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Obviously I don't know exactly whats going on but just by looking at the post history it looks like he got pretty discouraged when he wasn't getting much in the way of patronage. For my first month I earned $1 :) You can't come into this with the expectation you are going to get a nice cash flow right away or ever for that matter.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Obviously I don't know exactly whats going on but just by looking at the post history it looks like he got pretty discouraged when he wasn't getting much in the way of patronage. For my first month I earned $1 :) You can't come into this with the expectation you are going to get a nice cash flow right away or ever for that matter.
personnally, if i make a game and patreon it.. getting 1 buck will make me super happy, even if its forever, i know they are at least 1 person who like it XD

Reactions: botc76 and Matoke

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@coconuts honestly that is exactly how I felt lol. I wasn't aware of this site until just after i released version 0.2 of my game that was when i really started to get in on it. I still remember your comment on it, made me smile.

Reactions: botc76

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
Perhaps a Christmas miracle might happen, he still has 4 patrons and income is $11 a month.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes