VN Ren'Py Abandoned Three Dates To Bang [v0.2] [Koffee]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
Your game should not be about money. If it was you wont make a dime.
Seconded! Look at Dark Cookie. He is obviously pursuing a passion, and it shows in both his game and his patronage. Love what you are doing, and your work will reflect it. Then they (patrons) will come.

Paitryn, i love your sig! Every time I hear a song from the '80's, I think of Tommy.

TheSimonizer

Jun 17, 2017
Well, seems the game has failed, because nobody even cares to donate a dollar.
I'd like to know what's wrong with it, so please tell me your opinion. Thank you.
I don't think it's the game itself. That being said, you are still only at 0.1.1. Most people won't donate to a game until it has reached a certain point in development because they want to make sure the developer is there for the long run and that it's not just another cash grab.

Don't expect any money. Work on it, continue to polish it, release updates and then people will donate.

First off, super easy tip: start replacing any default element from Ren'py(textbox, backgrounds, choices, etc..). The more you replace, the more it gives your game a polished/standalone look.
Second, your wording on Patreon is weird.
Take your first goal for exemple: "This amount of money will inspire me to dedicate more of my very limited free time to the development of my game.". Don't say it like that, it's too vague. Peoples want something clear, straightforward and concrete. ie: "I'll dedicate 2h/weekdays and 6h/wknds on the game." or something like that.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Well, seems the game has failed, because nobody even cares to donate a dollar.
I'd like to know what's wrong with it, so please tell me your opinion. Thank you.

Keep you chin up, dude. Rome wasn't built in a day. Patreon keeps adult games locked in a closet, it's not like they are your publisher / agent / promoter. You have to do that your self. But first you need something to show.

I'm sure you don't want to hear that I didn't make a dime from my first 3 games... Times have changed, it's easier today.
What hasn't changed, is that you still have to make a name for yourself, and show people what you can do. Then the money starts.

If a kid sets up a lemonade stand and charges $1 a glass, he'll get a few buyers, but adult games aren't lemonade.
Adult games are more like crack cocaine in the 90s. You have to follow the drug dealer business model, rather than the lemonade stand. Distribute your product on as many playgrounds as you can, and get the kids hooked. "Free crack" signs everywhere. Once you have hundreds of addicts who can't wait to get more crack, then the money starts rolling in.

Reactions: Paitryn

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I don't think it's the game itself. That being said, you are still only at 0.1.1. Most people won't donate to a game until it has reached a certain point in development because they want to make sure the developer is there for the long run and that it's not just another cash grab.

Don't expect any money. Work on it, continue to polish it, release updates and then people will donate.

First off, super easy tip: start replacing any default element from Ren'py(textbox, backgrounds, choices, etc..). The more you replace, the more it gives your game a polished/standalone look.
Second, your wording on Patreon is weird.
Take your first goal for exemple: "This amount of money will inspire me to dedicate more of my very limited free time to the development of my game.". Don't say it like that, it's too vague. Peoples want something clear, straightforward and concrete. ie: "I'll dedicate 2h/weekdays and 6h/wknds on the game." or something like that.
This dude hit it on the money...

I am VERY outspoken about how I feel about devs and who I think is worth a damn and I do the same shit with games honestly you're game has a ton of potential to be good but just like above if your doing it for the money you won't see a red cent from anyone as no one is gonna back someone who is gonna end up a patreon milker it's what Impure is for. -_-

Keep at it man like they say if you build it they will come you just gotta prove you are willing to put the time in.

toll

Jun 2, 2017
doesn't seem to matter what I give Penny, she hates it. Pretty sure i've tried everything.

Her profile does not show up on the laptop.

Though I am using an old save.

Last edited:

koffeegames

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
doesn't seem to matter what I give Penny, she hates it. Pretty sure i've tried everything.

Her profile does not show up on the laptop.

Though I am using an old save.
Penny is not implemented yet. Her route is coming in v0.2

Reactions: Krull

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
Updated OP to v0.2 thanks @Kasey (pats self on back...)
Not sure who this chick is though, didn't see her in v0.2...
flower shop, if Lin is gone. ;)

and here some tips:
Caron - gym - Evening (completed)

Presents:
- Garden Flower... $50 (flowers hop)
- Green Tea... $100 (gift shop)
- Exotic Fruit... $150 (gift shop)
- Aromatherapy Oils... $200 (gift shop)
- 100 Places... $250 (book shop)
- Kaleidoscope... $300 (flower shop)

Lin - flower shop - Daytime (2 Scenes)

Presents:
- Pure Lavender Fragrance $100 (parfume shop)
- Illustrated Book ... $150 (book shop)
- on hold

Penny - Neighbour - home - Evening ( 3 Scenes)

Presents:
- Huge Teddy Bear $300 (gift shop)
- Best - seller Novel $50 (book shop)
- Swiss Chocolate... $250 (gift shop)
- on hold

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes