• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py The Witch [v0.1-Intro] [allion_Ell]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Do you think this demo would have found support on this platform?:unsure:
maybe, i prefer full versions, so i can test wether i want to support or not. if its good, i always do. and since i cant use patreon, subcribestar, itch, etc. i use steam for all vn, or avn's. i am probably not the only one :) There are way too few fmc stories out there as it is, especially with both a good story and renders to boot :D anyway, good luck with the developement, and hope to see the full version either here or on steam.

Reactions: Moosica

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
Yes, the MC is a boy about 18 years old. As for his body shape, I looked on the internet and some boys do have similar body shape features. Besides, his appearance is made for a reason. It has a certain rationale behind it, which will be revealed further on in the game.
Ok!

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheWitch-ALLIONELL-0.1Intro
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
I'd like to point out that the full version of the game is over 5GB in size.
Considering the current demo version has 3GB of 1080p .png's that could easily be shrunk down to ~300MB of .jpg (90% quality), or similar size for webp, I don't think that 5GB is anything to brag about for a 0.1 or 0.2 release. Considering it's over 900 files, it's probably a pain to change in the code (the files are easy to batch convert with something like irfanview), but makes the game vastly better to download, and the size is only going to get bigger as it goes on.

I'd also go and remove ALL of the single option choices. The do literally nothing for the story, and only waste the players time. IMO They don't add to the illusion of interactivity, rather they take away from it.

Disabling rollback because 'narrative' is absurd. It doesn't stop players from going back and changing their choice, it just makes them realise they need to save at EVERY choice instead. Or they just re-enable rollback if they know how (change config.rollback_enabled = False to True in library.rpy in this case). Or they don't care, in which case they're unaffected either way.
The only time I can see a genuine reason to disable rollback is to stop people cheesing the game to get good results if RNG is involved. And even then they can save/load to 'cheat' the single player game.

The debt story line bit is dumb. I'm going to assume this is 'alternate universe' Earth, in the country of Waldolandia or something, where you can be responsible for a debt (to a non-criminal organisation) that you had no part in, didn't sign for, know about, AND where the person who's debt it actually is just fled the country (they didn't even die or anything). Which leads to the next bit of "pay us more money each month than most people earn in a year LOL" is easily avoided by... fleeing the country like dear old Dad did. That seems to foil Nexus corp easily enough. Would be cheaper too, though you would likely lose the house, but with that debt, you probably will anyway. (EDIT: seems that Nexus corp actually ARE mafia types? I misread and thought the MC assumed they were mafia, but they were actually a legit buisiness. The 90k/month, and cheaper to just flee the country bit still stands though).
But I'm hoping that's just a silly/clumsy trigger to get the proper story line going. I haven't really made it that far in, so I can't really judge that yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bestort

allion_Ell

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
Considering the current demo version has 3GB of 1080p .png's that could easily be shrunk down to ~300MB of .jpg (90% quality), or similar size for webp, I don't think that 5GB is anything to brag about for a 0.1 or 0.2 release. Considering it's over 900 files, it's probably a pain to change in the code (the files are easy to batch convert with something like irfanview), but makes the game vastly better to download, and the size is only going to get bigger as it goes on
It's possible. I'm going to bring all the pictures to .jpg resolution before the next release.

allion_Ell

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
Disabling rollback because 'narrative' is absurd. It doesn't stop players from going back and changing their choice, it just makes them realise they need to save at EVERY choice instead. Or they just re-enable rollback if they know how (change config.rollback_enabled = False to True in library.rpy in this case). Or they don't care, in which case they're unaffected either way.
It's not about the narrative. I just can't figure out how to make the store and inventory not break when activating rollback. When I solve the problem of disappearing items, I'll make rollback available. And the inventory should appear in the next update, as well as some other features.

allion_Ell

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
The debt story line bit is dumb. I'm going to assume this is 'alternate universe' Earth, in the country of Waldolandia or something, where you can be responsible for a debt (to a non-criminal organisation) that you had no part in, didn't sign for, know about, AND where the person who's debt it actually is just fled the country (they didn't even die or anything).
Unfortunately, there are loan organizations in the world that are in the gray area of the law. And they may well harm the family of the borrower if the borrower has not been able to repay the loan. Also you don't know what were the terms of the contract that MC's father signed and what he agreed to before taking the money.

allion_Ell

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
hich leads to the next bit of "pay us more money each month than most people earn in a year LOL" is easily avoided by... fleeing the country like dear old Dad did.
1. You need a passport to do it.
2. You need money.
3. You don't have to be looked after by corporate representatives to be able to leave the country or city.
4. Sometimes you may need a visa to fly somewhere.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
Leave him the fuck alone let him do his thing its his game .... although i think him putting futa is pointless since its only until the full transition but fuck it Dont say he lost an opportunity Since alot of people don't agree with you still Just pass and let others enjoy
i can say whatever i want ,and i only saying what many others are saying,so why you should enjoy alone ?.....why the game need to only have one path ...are you working with him on this? do you know if there is a development in the future that make him change his point of view?
why the hate? are you afraid of other views in ppl? are you afraid of ...what?

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
Before she becomes a woman, the hero becomes a futa. Later in the game you can choose to remain a woman or become a futa again.
Is she a futa (one with both sets of genitalia, male, and female) or a transwoman (a person who is in transition, i.e. has male genitalia, looks feminine, has breasts, etc)? People always get these confused, you know.

ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
It's not about the narrative. I just can't figure out how to make the store and inventory not break when activating rollback. When I solve the problem of disappearing items, I'll make rollback available. And the inventory should appear in the next update, as well as some other features.
That's fair. I found this that might help, which could enable rollback most of the time, but allow you to selectively disable rollback for specific sections (like inventory/store etc).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This was mostly about dialogue and choices, but I imagine it should work with inventory/store interfaces too.

I'm sure the Dev Help area of this forum could help out too.

Unfortunately, there are loan organizations in the world that are in the gray area of the law. And they may well harm the family of the borrower if the borrower has not been able to repay the loan. Also you don't know what were the terms of the contract that MC's father signed and what he agreed to before taking the money.
That's true I guess. I'm kind of hoping that dear old Dad didn't actually take a loan, but outright just sold his son to Nexus corp, and Nexus is just using the whole debt farce as a way to "legally" take possession of the MC. Otherwise I keep wondering how such a seemingly powerful organisation can't track down the guy who actually owes them money. I still haven't finished playing through v0.1 yet, and haven't really touched the police path at all, so I'm sure I'm still missing something.

Last edited:
Reactions: thocra

allion_Ell

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
The first renders of the continuation of the game The Witch.

mc_past_dream_7.png

Today I'd like to share with you the first render of the game continuation I'm working on. It introduces gameplay elements, gives the player control over the character's daily life, introduces closet and other interactive elements. It also continues the detective line that started in the game.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Isn't this sissification of sorts? Or is the transformation just a cop out to say that's not what's going on? (Because it comes across that way to be honest.) Not baiting, genuine clarification being sought with no hostile/ill-intent in asking that, as it sort of is going to give those vibes when playing.

Trying to clarify how much of the content is basically going to contain degradation of the MC (specifically by futas/etc)

allion_Ell

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2022
Isn't this sissification of sorts? Or is the transformation just a cop out to say that's not what's going on? (Because it comes across that way to be honest.) Not baiting, genuine clarification being sought with no hostile/ill-intent in asking that, as it sort of is going to give those vibes when playing.

Trying to clarify how much of the content is basically going to contain degradation of the MC (specifically by futas/etc)
The game includes transformation, among other things.

degradation of the MC
Why degradation?

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
The game includes transformation, among other things.

Why degradation?
If there's sexual acts involving the MC that would be "less than heterosexual" if he were still a man (if there are futas or men and he's going to be engaging in sexual acts with them). Maybe degradation isn't the right word, something more akin to "corruption" for the MC to do that. Maybe a "gay" tag is appropriate given the context.

To be direct, if the MC is going to be engaging in sexual acts with other men, or on the receiving end with futas, that is something that really should be clarified.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
allion_Ell this has been out for a week and yet still...

File "game/levels/intro.rpy", line 172, in script call
call intro_mafia_meet(1) from _call_intro_mafia_meet
File "game/levels/intro.rpy", line 2797, in script call
call intro_mcsleep(2) from _call_intro_mcsleep_1
File "game/levels/intro.rpy", line 2964, in script
jump intro_meetwithwitch
ScriptError: could not find label 'intro_meetwithwitch'.
Nobody's reported and thus you haven't fixed jumping to a label that doesn't exist??

That and the untranslated text on the "look for ways to make money" path do not give me confidence that you're actually getting anywhere with this game

uni_blaire "И что мы будем делать? Как вы развлекаетесь?

mc_unigf2 "Только, [uni_blaire_fname], пожалуйста, постарайся не трогать [mc_fname].

uni_blaire "Я что-то не то сказала?

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes