• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py The Witch [v0.1-Intro] [allion_Ell]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Well, what do we have here? I came across this today and it looks pretty interesting. I'll check it out.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Well, I haven't played very far. It became obvious pretty quickly I'm not going to enjoy this game very much.
Regardless, I do want to point out a few problems.

In the beginning, you get to name the MC and his parents. Unfortunately, they don't have default names... or so I thought. Looking into the script, the parents do have predefined names, but they're overwritten by whichever name you enter, even if you enter nothing. That's not great. Default names are really useful to prevent accidentally having two characters with the same name, so I suggest giving the player a way to use them.

Rollback is disabled. I don't think I need to explain why that's unpleasant.

The English is a bit rough around the edges, but not overly so. A noticeable issue was that 'do' and 'make' are seemingly used interchangeably. Also, 'please' is misspelled as 'pleace' in the first section, the one where you name the MC and his parents.

There are a few lines that start with a random letter (from the Latin or Russian alphabet) or number and then just continue as normal. Also, there are some lines where the Russian text is still there, followed by the English translation.

tom4512

Sep 1, 2020
Hello, there's a nice, interesting game coming up, but the next update has to be in half a year

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
At the start of the game - why does every house have a fire hydrant outside it? Dangerous neighbourhood much?

Bobbycanfly

Sep 8, 2021
Well, I haven't played very far. It became obvious pretty quickly I'm not going to enjoy this game very much.
Regardless, I do want to point out a few problems.

In the beginning, you get to name the MC and his parents. Unfortunately, they don't have default names... or so I thought. Looking into the script, the parents do have predefined names, but they're overwritten by whichever name you enter, even if you enter nothing. That's not great. Default names are really useful to prevent accidentally having two characters with the same name, so I suggest giving the player a way to use them.

Rollback is disabled. I don't think I need to explain why that's unpleasant.

The English is a bit rough around the edges, but not overly so. A noticeable issue was that 'do' and 'make' are seemingly used interchangeably. Also, 'please' is misspelled as 'pleace' in the first section, the one where you name the MC and his parents.

There are a few lines that start with a random letter (from the Latin or Russian alphabet) or number and then just continue as normal. Also, there are some lines where the Russian text is still there, followed by the English translation.
Yeah, I was just coming her to complain about the rollback.

I can deal with a janky translation. Up to a point. But a not having a basic function like rollback is going to piss me off I just know it. lol

Michael_MAN

Feb 18, 2021
The game has been out for 1 year but still no "sex" tags :unsure:
After 1 year of development the version here is still "Intro" :unsure::unsure:
In addition the author already has another game in the state of version 0.1a with the last update 1.5 years ago :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Bobbycanfly

Sep 8, 2021
Of all the things that annoy me the MC exclaiming "Goddess" like an Asari every 30 seconds is getting me.

No one talks or thinks like that.

I also like that the MC had a perfectly fine shirt on...then put on his moms belly shirt. For reasons. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bestort

TritonSands

Mar 7, 2020
Yeah, Version 0.1 game was out exactly a year ago.At the time thought it was pretty good but after a year instead of getting new material and updated to V 0.2 there's now a new demo 0.1 that needs a start over.. Glad it's not totally abandoned but a
V 0.1 remake after a year doesn't inspire confidence about the story continuing.

Reactions: Bestort and m0us3r

ionpop

Aug 5, 2019
The premise of the game is very weird. "Your dad borrowed a ton of money and fled the country, so we'll make you pay instead of chasing him down. You will pay all of it over 10 months or else... And don't bother going to the police, we're a perfectly legitimate bussiness and individual bankruptcy laws no longer exist, so have fun paying."

I'd say the game needs a lot more exposition on how this world operates, at least to bring us up to what the MC knows before the action starts. I'm not buying it that everyone knows about the Nexus Corporation and how it operates, except the MC.

Fatal crash: 1714955581410.png

Russian translation fail?
1714955681338.png

Reactions: Bestort and Habef
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes