VN - Ren'Py - Completed - The Wind's Disciple [PiXel Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

pootin

i've watch this game since its announcement.
    but every time I've tried a version, i was disappointed by the conetnt_ too much straight-furry focused.
    and now its completed but too linear, nothing much new (and working in a interesting way) stuff.
    really poor, for years of development.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.95...

Originally Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Wow, a not so deep story, beyond lots and lots of sex stuff, but still very creative and entertaining... With just enough story now and then to keep it interesting...

The visuals for the characters are 2D hand drawn, but very creative, cute, funny, and very erotic... The backdrops are all the same style, as well as unique and creative... Not all the visuals are done though, as near the actual end they even mention some missing visuals, which is probably why the version is 0.95 and so very close to total completion... There are a few flip picture animations, but not many... The UI for the main city was very easy to use...

The script is very well done, with only a handful of spelling/grammar errors... It is set in a fantasy setting with magic, warriors, war, monsters, and lots of horny everything... The main plot is very creative, with a female elf-like protagonist, who is an orphan that was just thrown into the streets of the city as soon as she turned 18... The city is very well known for it's sexual promiscuity and loose laws about nudity and sex amongst it's inhabitance... She starts off very naïve, but has some hidden powers to control winds (which she never really uses hardly ever, it's just part of her story)... She also has a familiar in the form of a very cute small bluebird named Spot... She is the only one who can really see and communicate with Spot, both verbally and mentally...

The story basically unfolds as she learns more about her own sexuality and sexual appetites from various inhabitance that she runs into or works for, and begins to learn more about who she is and where she comes from... It is a cute, but funny, and yet very sex focused story... There are some moments now and then where you get some repetitive scenes, but be careful about skipping, because sometimes they vary slightly, and you don't want to miss out on any new content, even if it's just slight variations in the dialogue/monologue... There is a main story line to follow, and the familiar actually gives hints to help you know what to do next, from the main city screen... Yet as the player/reader you can still take her to places she's been to before, to fill the time (the day is broken down into daytime and nighttime for doing activities)... The main story line is linear, so you won't really miss much if you follow it... One tip I can give, for the completionist's out there, let her shower once a day when she's offered it and let the familiar come along, it may be repetitive sometimes, but you get some new dialogue now and then...

There are relationship levels, and if you missed out on maxing relationship with a character, no need to worry, because even at the end of the story, you can keep playing to see if you missed anything... I highly recommend, that you go back to other characters now and then, even if you don't get sent there, as part of the main story, just to see if something new has opened up... If it didn't, you can always CTRL skip through it...

Over all, even though it was very focused on tons of sex, the cute visuals as well as the humor and how fun it is to follow along with the main story, I really enjoyed playing this Visual Novel/Game... Now, it does have monster sex, which I don't really care for, but that stuff doesn't happen that much, and I tended to skip through it once I had seen any relevant story dialogue... The author/s did a bang up job on this one, and even though technically its not 100% done, story wise it is pretty much done... I even liked the hint at the end, that perhaps once this one was done, maybe a sequel might be worked on next? I can only hope, because this one was a hit for me... Because, even with it being sex focused, with the cute protagonist, so many humorous moments, it flowed so well and at just the right pace as to not be too repetitive...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

TitanSwag94

Absolutely love this game, quick progression pretty interesting story and for me some really good scenes. Might not be for everyones tastes but definitely hits some of mine, really rate this game and am looking forward to the updates which normally add some good content unlike some other updates.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

aXisK

Absolutely brilliant art, with ample story progress every patch. The actual developmental progress is a bit slow, but understandable considering their current Patreon budget. Story could use a little improvement, but it's definitely serviceable on its own, and the stunning art style more than makes up for it. A solid 9/10 (rounded up to 5 on a scale of 5 stars).
  5. 5.00 star(s)

liftplus4

Honestly a great game, shows heaps of promise and hopefully will see more great work and attention given to this dev, properly the most underrated game I've seen on most sites it's barely talked about and still can not figure out why
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deve

Amazing game, beautiful art, fun trainer like gameplay and all around a decent update cycle. Now here is a bunch of additional characters because of the arbitrary requirement that seems a bit silly but so be it. Did I mention it is a good game?