Ren'Py Completed The Wincesters: Breakfast Time [Final] [Inkalicious]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
A bit off-topic but will Kindread get a public release or is it still in production?
Oh, Kindread, my first love....

Yes! Kindread will get a public release, but unfortunately there's not much to release right now.

It's all written and coded, but while the visual switch to Honey Select has been a time-saver in some ways, my production machine can't cope. So no release date yet and I'm channeling my energies to affording an upgraded machine.

Reactions: Xypher

DjKillerDev

Jul 19, 2018
Oops By Mistake Download :D:p
There is nothing interesting only Drag and see A Pic And Drag and see Drag and see

madmonkey360

Nov 25, 2017
I remember that another interactive mini comic was being made in a car, does anyone know if it has been canceled?

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
hey will you do anymore like this game ?
I remember that another interactive mini comic was being made in a car, does anyone know if it has been canceled?
Thanks for the interest. I have one more that's about 50% complete.

As madmonkey360 says. it takes place in a car and you can swap the characters in the back seat. Depending on what seat you put them on, you get different results.
The mom is driving, so she's not involved. Or is she?...

Unfortunately I just can't find the time to complete the illustrations.

One option I'm looking at is to use Koikatsu instead of illustration. If I can get that to a visual level I like then it should be a lot quicker.

And, if I ever find the time, it'll be released on F95.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for the interest. I have one more that's about 50% complete.

As madmonkey360 says. it takes place in a car and you can swap the characters in the back seat. Depending on what seat you put them on, you get different results.
The mom is driving, so she's not involved. Or is she?...

Unfortunately I just can't find the time to complete the illustrations.

One option I'm looking at is to use Koikatsu instead of illustration. If I can get that to a visual level I like then it should be a lot quicker.

And, if I ever find the time, it'll be released on F95.
Oh, but I love your art style so much! :cry:

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Oh, but I love your art style so much! :cry:
You flatterer.

I have changed the art style slightly (in an attempt to speed up production) but I'm not sure how many have seen a version of 'RoadTrip'. I'll post it here in a minute.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
RT_Scene.png

Here's a v0.3 version of 'RoadTrip'.

Renpy, PC and Mac versions

In this version you can only change the situation of Sam and Billy (sister and brother).

There are instructions in the game, but who reads that, so...
  • Drag their icons to the back seat headrests. This will move them to that seat
  • If you move one to an occupied seat, they'll swap places
  • Want to see more? Drag the x-ray glasses to the front seats (drag to return to normal vision)
  • Sam's phone will get... icky. Drag her icon to the phone panel to get her to clean it
Enjoy.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
View attachment 263818

In this version you can only change the situation of Sam and Billy (sister and brother).

• Want to see more? Drag the x-ray glasses to the front seats (drag to return to normal vision)
  • Sam's phone will get... icky. Drag her icon to the phone panel to get her to clean it
Enjoy.
Looks awesome, if it’s any similar as the wincesters then it woukd be so freakin good. Can’t wait to try it as soon as I return from my trip.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
View attachment 263818

Enjoy.

Fuck... This is so. Fucking. Hot!
I'm gonna be honest, the art style before the change was obviously better thanks to having more details. I'd prefer slower production time for higher details over the alternative style any time of the day.

But I understand, juggling multiple projects is tough.
Did you hold a poll about this change?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Fuck... This is so. Fucking. Hot!
I'm gonna be honest, the art style before the change was obviously better thanks to having more details. I'd prefer slower production time for higher details over the alternative style any time of the day.

But I understand, juggling multiple projects is tough.
Did you hold a poll about this change?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks Onysko. I didn't poll on the art change, as I knew it was either find a better production option or stop production all together.
As you know, it kinda ended that way anyway, as Patreon shut down the account while I was slowly trudging through the artwork. Then real life popped its head up and illustration time became scarce.

Although I never collected any patronage on that account, thanks for your support. It was good to know people were interested in this little Renpy experiment.

Reactions: wilparu and Onysko

Shintoshi

Sep 8, 2017
Keeping my fingers crossed RoadTrip is developed further one day, but thank you very much for making the demo available at all and best of luck with Kindread.

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Will there be more similar "games" with more characters you can add?
Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't alerted to comments for some reason.

I'd love to return to this type of content and I've lots of ideas to expand it, but the production is too time-consuming. If I was to do new comics, I'd do them quietly in the background and release when they're done.

Wot_Ary

Jun 12, 2019
Hey,
good work.
I would like more games like this.
Or maybe with a bigger story.
So, this short game is better than some very long and big games.
(y)

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes