Ren'Py Completed The Wincesters: Breakfast Time [Final] [Inkalicious]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

SilentFella

Aug 9, 2017
Little bit confused. I open the game, it shows a title screen, but nothing works save the start breakfast button. I can't drag anybody to the boxes, and when I click start breakfast, nothing happens when it shows the comic strip. Am I missing something here?

Edit

Nevermind. The title screen is a static image, you have to click on the breakfast button and then drag into the boxes. A disclaimer pointing that out would be helpful.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Little bit confused. I open the game, it shows a title screen, but nothing works save the start breakfast button. I can't drag anybody to the boxes, and when I click start breakfast, nothing happens when it shows the comic strip. Am I missing something here?

Edit

Nevermind. The title screen is a static image, you have to click on the breakfast button and then drag into the boxes. A disclaimer pointing that out would be helpful.
Sorry for any difficulties SilentFella. I've tried to make this as accessible as possible, mainly as I can see it becoming more complicated if I extend the different scenarios. So this is just me trying to understand where it went wrong for you...

To summarise your experience, before the edit:
You understood that you had to drag the characters and saw that there was an active 'Begin..' button.
You tried to interact with the characters on the home screen graphic. When that failed, you clicked the button, but in the game screen you didn't interact with the characters.

So it seems you got enough info to know what to do, but your experience on the home screen stopped you from interacting with the game.

I don't think I can reasonably do anything about prompts on the game screen, but I do have some questions...

Do you think that it isn't obvious it's a graphic on the home screen? For example did you notice that some icons were in motion and had left behind greyed-out placeholders?
If you thought the comic was already playable, what did you think the 'Begin...' button would do?
What stopped you trying to interact with the character icons once you were in the game screen?

Thanks for any feedback.
i.

SilentFella

Aug 9, 2017
Sorry for any difficulties SilentFella. I've tried to make this as accessible as possible, mainly as I can see it becoming more complicated if I extend the different scenarios. So this is just me trying to understand where it went wrong for you...

To summarise your experience, before the edit:
You understood that you had to drag the characters and saw that there was an active 'Begin..' button.
You tried to interact with the characters on the home screen graphic. When that failed, you clicked the button, but in the game screen you didn't interact with the characters.

So it seems you got enough info to know what to do, but your experience on the home screen stopped you from interacting with the game.

I don't think I can reasonably do anything about prompts on the game screen, but I do have some questions...

Do you think that it isn't obvious it's a graphic on the home screen? For example did you notice that some icons were in motion and had left behind greyed-out placeholders?
If you thought the comic was already playable, what did you think the 'Begin...' button would do?
What stopped you trying to interact with the character icons once you were in the game screen?

Thanks for any feedback.
i.
For me personally, I thought I was doing something wrong for 5 minutes, hence me posting here. I think dropping the graphics on the title screen and replacing with text, and maybe showing the heads you have to drag as examples within the text, would be easier to understand. That title screen made me think I needed to drag the heads on the title screen and then hit begin breakfast. When the heads wouldn't drag, I thought something was wrong with my game. I figured out what was wrong, but it took entirely too long from a players perspective. It made me think of this one hentai game I tried a while back that had a bunny eared girl peeking at you, with the title of the game on a background of white on the right side, and a living room on the left. I never figured out how to play that game since it wasn't in english and I never found an interactive component on that title screen to make the game begin.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Excellent execution for a fresh new concept! I loved the artwork as well! :eazyHype:

I tell ya, the "bored sex" style of content (where the female character is usually occupied with other business) is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see more from you Inkalicious. :evilsmile:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
For me personally, I thought I was doing something wrong for 5 minutes, hence me posting here. I think dropping the graphics on the title screen and replacing with text, and maybe showing the heads you have to drag as examples within the text, would be easier to understand. That title screen made me think I needed to drag the heads on the title screen and then hit begin breakfast. When the heads wouldn't drag, I thought something was wrong with my game. I figured out what was wrong, but it took entirely too long from a players perspective. It made me think of this one hentai game I tried a while back that had a bunny eared girl peeking at you, with the title of the game on a background of white on the right side, and a living room on the left. I never figured out how to play that game since it wasn't in english and I never found an interactive component on that title screen to make the game begin.
Cheers for the feedback SilentFella and will take a look at future info pages.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Excellent execution for a fresh new concept! I loved the artwork as well! :eazyHype:

I tell ya, the "bored sex" style of content (where the female character is usually occupied with other business) is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see more from you Inkalicious. :evilsmile:
Thanks Onysko, and for the nice review.
The bored sex/free use concept also fitted with my aim of having panels that mixed change with unchanging content. Weirdly though, it caused more work to set-up and keep track of the different elements. Always learning.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Thanks Onysko, and for the nice review.
The bored sex/free use concept also fitted with my aim of having panels that mixed change with unchanging content. Weirdly though, it caused more work to set-up and keep track of the different elements. Always learning.
The cool thing about the concept, is that there are a lot of scenarios to make with it as well... While doing homework, watching TV, sitting on the toilet, during shower, while on a phone call (kinda similar to what you did here at "breakfast time"). Anyways, I can go on but you probably get me. :coldsweat:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
The cool thing about the concept, is that there are a lot of scenarios to make with it as well... While doing homework, watching TV, sitting on the toilet, during shower, while on a phone call (kinda similar to what you did here at "breakfast time"). Anyways, I can go on but you probably get me. :coldsweat:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So many options for future comics, but the next one will be slightly different as it'll take place in a car.
The Wincesters are going on a Road Trip (voted by Patreon visitors) and the plan is that it'll involve more action, but retain Sam's attitude.
No timeline yet, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Last edited:

Ohaidude01

Sep 10, 2016

So many options for future comics, but the next one will be slightly different as it'll take place in a car.
The Wincesters are going on a Road Trip (voted by Patreon visitors) and the plan is that it'll involve more action, but retain Sam's attitude.
No timeline yet, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.
Are we going to have any action with the mother in the Wincesters future? :)

Reactions: 090807

Jansen

May 8, 2017
Can someone share whats in this post?
Dated: Dec, 13. 2017

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Can someone share whats in this post?
Dated: Dec, 13. 2017
Hi Jansen, I've put the text content of the post below. I'm not sure this deserves (or is allowed) its own thread, so I'm ok putting this here.
For anyone who doesn't know, this is a single page Ren'py wordless comic set in the Rick and Morty universe, where you can change the characters 'interacting' with Summer.

If any mods feel this post muddies the water around posting new game/comic content, I've no problem with its removal.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Portal Into Summer v2 release?
Hi HaomaruX, Thanks for the interest. I'll be releasing v2 publicly on the Patreon site tomorrow. I'm not charging patrons for any content, but I still like to give them a head-start before releasing publicly. I think a week is fine.

I won't be updating this thread with more Portal into Summer. I'd rather keep this focused on the original Wincester release.
I'm not sure Portal into Summer fits into any F95 category, but I might pull together a release post and see if the mods think it belongs in F95 (I don't have permissions to create content posts).

Cheers.

Reactions: wilparu

HaomaruX

Jul 10, 2017
Hi HaomaruX, Thanks for the interest. I'll be releasing v2 publicly on the Patreon site tomorrow. I'm not charging patrons for any content, but I still like to give them a head-start before releasing publicly. I think a week is fine.

I won't be updating this thread with more Portal into Summer. I'd rather keep this focused on the original Wincester release.
I'm not sure Portal into Summer fits into any F95 category, but I might pull together a release post and see if the mods think it belongs in F95 (I don't have permissions to create content posts).

Cheers.
Thanks for your answer: Of course, it is your work and watever you decide is fine. I was just curious, because I think your work is fantastic. Keep it up, and I hope everything goes well for you ! :D

Reactions: inkalicious

Xypher

May 1, 2017
A bit off-topic but will Kindread get a public release or is it still in production?

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes