AAMM

Oct 13, 2017
I'd say that pretty much everything is worse. Renders, looks on characters, story is pedestrian and boring now, the navigation is a pain in the ass, the start with trying to find the key is a pest (I must have gone to every room before I thought to click on top of the shelf in the pause before the view closes automatically which is bullshit because closing automatically is the universal sign for "there's nothing to do here". I had some issues with the original variant (like being a chickenshit got you the best outcome, saving both girls) but this is not even the same game, and it went from a game to a brief demo that is... just like every other game out there. Mom, sis, neighbors, friend, yada yada.

Too bad. I thought it had potential as it was. This just doesn't interest me.
I have to strongly agree with this. Some of the new game design options are really strange and, in my view, a no go!

Reactions: trumpthatbitch

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I dunno, the previous game was a bit awkward at times, but it also had good and interesting moments.

Right now, after reading the comments, it seems as if there's no reason so far to give this a try.

Dodelig

Feb 13, 2018
Return to the previous game or lose every patreon you got REALLY
What is this? army?

Calm down...

I just played old and new version and do not understand all the rage about this.

Ok, finding the key was horrible, it seemed more like a secret that opens an image in the gallery. But still can see evolution compared to the previous one.

Who knows, maybe combining the two of them, everyone is happy in the end.

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
I've been waiting around for this to have new content. Not DIFFERENT content exactly, just more. I always give feedback whenever I do try a game, but only when it seems worth trying.
Since this was on my radar beforehand, I'll ignore the complaints and try it and give some feedback about it later.
Game on ♥

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
No matter how many times I see this shit, the first thing I think of, the only thing I think of, is...
Do you know the way?

bcLK

Dec 31, 2017
No one will support a dev who never finishes the job. As the story is progressing, do not end and start another game. What guarantees you will not do it again? This new update is another game. Should change the name of the game since it started another from scratch.
Should have finished the old game and after that start the new project.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I began to lose patrons and followers after the 0.08 version, then I thought that I had to change something. After every update of my game, there was a lot of criticism, but those that say that the previous versions were good, why then you did not say that you like it? And write only when you are disappointed. How do I know that people like the game, when almost no one talks about it ...
There was some criticism but for me it was mainly on how many divergent paths and how instead of focusing on one thread see how the dev fate of irnia does things. You instead did it peace meal.

Unless the patrons played every thread of the game they got 30 second updates and because you were updating everythread at once the game never went anywhere. The game itself what was there all 3 mins of it was solid.

This one is however terrible. I have no idea where the key is. I hate having to navigate through a million menus in renpy. I like my choices to matter because decisions I made via conversations not because I missed opening a drawer.

I wish you the best but I got to drop this one.

warbird

Jun 2, 2018
I began to lose patrons and followers after the 0.08 version, then I thought that I had to change something. After every update of my game, there was a lot of criticism, but those that say that the previous versions were good, why then you did not say that you like it? And write only when you are disappointed. How do I know that people like the game, when almost no one talks about it ...
i downloaded and played both v0.09 and v0.1 yesterday and i must say that v0.09 was much better however i must say, too many paths, pls make it like 2 or 3 paths and dont branch out too much, they story you were telling in v0.09 was extremely good, i would like to see that story and characters if you are going to update this game, i pretty much much loved everything about this game v0.09 and i hope you keep that up.

qwerty04

Aug 6, 2016
i'm not a patreon supporting type person, but i just wanted to post my feedback

i played 3 versions of 'the way', each time because i have it on my worthwhile games list.
each time, i liked it and wondered how the story would progress. i was iffy, but the game has always been on my watchlist.
anyway, i would say just simplify where you can, tell your story, make the game you want to. if you patreon perks take you someplace, just finish that product and fine tune as necessary. (i only disliked the rape storyline, but i still played)

when i clicked this .10 version, i thought it was a continue of the last full art restart. with any marketing rebrand, confusion is going to biggest issue. i got over it, but i did wonder if someone else was using the name. from playing, imo, please make the arrows bigger/noticeable, subtract some of the gears (or make them appear in appropriate order, as opposed to how overwhelming they maybe), and dont hide important items (i noticed key from far away, but didnt know i could click when i was checking out the patreons followers shelf).. anyway, good luck.

Secret09

Oct 20, 2017
I tried playing the New v.10 but after finding the key and having eaten the meal prepared by Janet, it goes on a linear story and after which it ends to credits... did I miss something to progress the story or it is just its only content, now I'm gonna try the v.09 hopes it peak my interest

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
am just lost with your game. I wont be playing the next update as am not sure what game it is. its about 3 times now you redid the game

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
this are all hidden buttons i've made in the game.
am just lost with your game. I wont be playing the next update as am not sure what game it is. its about 3 times now you redid the game
Initially, I wanted to make only an introduction about the first sex of the MC. At one of the forums there was a discussion about how the MC lost his virginity. And I decided to show it, and tell about it in one update, but did not have time to put it all in one update. The next update will close this question. And the game will return to its previous style.

Secret09

Oct 20, 2017
yup keep up the good work, maybe this will turn up to much better than BB, got to play the v.09 and i think its right on track, but I do hope you keep the older arrows from v.09 than v10, then kindly put indicators that we players are going onto a specific path ex. Janet then it prompts us to save, so that we can have alternate choices on whose girl we're to pursue

Reactions: Zee95

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
I highly suggest you (Dev) make the game the way you want. That includes story overall, if you need help with or want to learn more about Renpy than by all means practice & try different things. Most people will always complain about game.

Stuff like = NTR content, no nude or sex scenes after a few versions, comparing your game to others etc.

So if you want more people to show an interest to your game = add some sexual content early on, people love incest so there is that too. lol, don't have NTR content otherwise you will see pages & pages about people rambling on about it. Don't add too much grind gameplay, try to make navigation easier etc

This is just stuff that is common overall. But making your own story & game, people will eventually come around. Good luck with your game & i have to say at least your trying & not giving up have a positive attitude

Reactions: Zee95
3.70 star(s) 44 Votes