• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Silver Lining [v0.8] [Namuswill]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

MadAng

Jan 4, 2023
A universal story: the hardships of migrating to a foreign land but also the wonders and possibilities of a new start.
I like the look of the sprites , you have done a good job of making them reflect their respective personalities. I was disappointment we did not see more of the arrival that was so vividly described – just a foggy window- but I realise that is a lot of artwork for a brief moment.

Writing is good but for a few typos here and there.

Not a lot of game play to judge it but I will be following this game with interest, and depending on the next few updates I’d be happy to financially support your project.

All the best with the game, and thanks for sharing!

Feb 26, 2019
Love the artstyle, it seems that it'll be a game that takes itself seriously, story and writing wise, and I love those! In terms of the sex itself it's not looking like it'll be anything too wild (but on the bright side that also means no stupid fetishes). Hopefully we'll see more content soon and best of luck to the dev!

• Angry
Reactions: Namuswill and baka

Namuswill

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2022
I was disappointment we did not see more of the arrival that was so vividly described – just a foggy window- but I realise that is a lot of artwork for a brief moment.
Yep, that was the main reason i kept it abstract. I mostly specialize in characters and drawing a street with people in it for a brief scene wouldn't be "economic". I was wondering if it's gonna be a bit jarring, but i will be making a street-level background so maybe i will find a way to use it there as well.

Thank you for checking out the game! More to come soon ;)

Reactions: cleanfeel

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
the artstyle is what this visual novel draw people's attention, but for now it's only it.
can't wait seeing update after update after update. . . to finally see the full game, can't wait to participate in revealing the story.
i think this game time, after time, after time, spent on updates with level of detail like Rockstar's will be one of the greatest game on this platform. btw, Namuswill are ya planning to release this game on Steam?

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
Haven't thought about that really. Maybe when it's complete? Is there any particular reason i should be interested in doing so?
nah, just asking,
well maybe there is one or two points. . . that it will be easier for people to get this game updated, not downloading the files and sawpping it everytime when new update comes out, cuz Steam's auto-update feature. . .

well another may be the fact that ya can just sell this game, get additional full price salary, and not only getting patreon support, so it can be distributable on the bigger scale

Namuswill

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2022
nah, just asking,
well maybe there is one or two points. . . that it will be easier for people to get this game updated, not downloading the files and sawpping it everytime when new update comes out, cuz Steam's auto-update feature. . .

well another may be the fact that ya can just sell this game, get additional full price salary, and not only getting patreon support, so it can be distributable on the bigger scale
Huh, i didn't think about the auto-updates, that is a pretty cool feature. Sounds like it's worth looking into in the future (y)

Xcritu

Sep 24, 2022
I like the art and start of the game.... well calling it a game at this point is a stretch.... if you considered a few lines of text and some drawings a version 0.1 then I'm afraid to think what you believe a version 1.0 would be like....

But I can already imagine the struggles she will go through and the storyline has great potential.

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes