• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Silver Lining [v0.8] [Namuswill]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
It seems to have a decent setting and art style. Hopefully something really good comes out of this in the future.
Good luck to dev!

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
Art is cool. It can be compared to the best games on this site. We will see how the game will develop.

The problem is that dev is planning a lot of different routes. That can be a good idea, because everyone can find something for himself. But in the other hand if someone would be here for example "white girl for black guy/guys"(if it is even planned lol) path, and he will see only 1-2 scenes every 3-6 months, he may get upset and won't support dev.

Also the problem with the new devs is that they used to make updates every 3-6 months and thats mistake.
Top games have huge amount of fans that are waiting for each update and hyping the game what allows the dev to take that long time to make a good update.
If you are a new dev, people propably will start forgetting that you exist after 2-3 weeks after update.
A lot of games with good potential were killed because of that.

And about one of the comments above.
Yeah, WW1 was called Great War. WW2 as far as i know is called WW2, except Russia, where they are calling it "Great Patriotic War" and it started for them in 1940. Why? Censorship. Their history after 1918 is written much different than in "Western Countries". But it's not place to talk about politics and history so if you want you can read more informations in the internet

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
What can I say, the beginning of the story is quite interesting, if there is a story of the heroine's journey from the bottom to the desired success, then the project looks very interesting.

As for the art - it's great, i really liked it.

The dialogues of the characters are already well-written, they bring out the right emotions (like "dad's a goody-goody who wants things to be better, and mom's a bitch who's never satisfied").

So I will wait for the updates!
really hoping MC gets the chance to satisfy the bitch tho

Namuswill

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2022
Art is cool. It can be compared to the best games on this site. We will see how the game will develop.

The problem is that dev is planning a lot of different routes. That can be a good idea, because everyone can find something for himself. But in the other hand if someone would be here for example "white girl for black guy/guys"(if it is even planned lol) path, and he will see only 1-2 scenes every 3-6 months, he may get upset and won't support dev.

Also the problem with the new devs is that they used to make updates every 3-6 months and thats mistake.
Top games have huge amount of fans that are waiting for each update and hyping the game what allows the dev to take that long time to make a good update.
If you are a new dev, people propably will start forgetting that you exist after 2-3 weeks after update.
A lot of games with good potential were killed because of that.

And about one of the comments above.
Yeah, WW1 was called Great War. WW2 as far as i know is called WW2, except Russia, where they are calling it "Great Patriotic War" and it started for them in 1940. Why? Censorship. Their history after 1918 is written much different than in "Western Countries". But it's not place to talk about politics and history so if you want you can read more informations in the internet
Thank you!

All good points, i do plan on keeping choice in the game "tight", i know how giving too much choice can bog down the development, especially considering i'm a solo dev.

This prologue was completed in less then a week, now that i am more familiar with Ren'Py and got some finished assets i think i could update game pretty frequently or do a big update monthly. We will see how it goes, but thanks for the tip.

Yeah, i am aware of GPW thing. "Great war" mostly came to mind, because it sounded better than a dry "WW2".

moimemeindien

Feb 8, 2020
Don't forget that in 1940 it wasn't even called WW2. The U.S. entered the war after Pearl Harbor in... 1941. It was already a global conflict given Canada declared war in 1939 but the protagonists of your story wouldn't call it that way (I Guess). Let alone a shy girl.

Also, great art. I wonder how the sex scene will render though. So, so far I'll limit my support to lip service. I'll get onboard only after I see more content. But keep faith; like many here, your style of art is what I'm looking for.
If I had one advice though: don't be presomptuous of the amount of work required to develop many routes. The simple fact of playing an innocent MC that wallow down the infamous NY underground can be sufficiently arrousing.

Hope your next releases convince me to support you on Patreon.
Good work and good luck!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Namuswill

srbot2016

Aug 5, 2016
3 character sprites, 4 backgrounds, 1 choice, you can literally go through the entire game within 2 minutes without skipping the text. I hate to bitch about everything but it's not enough even for the pre alpha demo teaser version.

Jan 16, 2020
As other say the art is nice and it's another "innocent_girl-will_become_a_whore game". Setting it up the 40's New-York may give interesting plots. For now i like what it see, but it's hard to judge now there is not enough story and content for this. I will try it again in a few months.

That said, for the developer, do not listen to the people who say than managing multiple path will necessary result to the abandonment of the project. Others devs before you where able to work their game this way, so there is no curse. That said, if not yet donne, i recommend you to write all yours main paths beforehand, and then write the game (try to avoid to do both in the same time).

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes