• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
:WaitWhat:

This is clearly a less grindy way to get to actual important parts of the game. Add to that the hint system that tells you pretty exactly what you need to do and it is a lot more convenient to play than the original.
No
RPGM is better
a Renpy game without rollback and ctrl to fast recap the story line is useless in my opinion

This was a REAL Renpy... and i have the old renpy game in my backup!,, I do not need this one!
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-office-wife-unofficial-renpy-v0-70b-phalzyr.76021/

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
That is because it is not strictly linear, just like the RPGM version isn't.
the story is very linear in the RPGM release!. you have to get all the scenes!
Max corruption Max slut points!
Creating a Renpy remake with the same useless repetitive scenes with maybe more problems to remain stuck without being able to rollback like in the RPGM and with very bad quality renders if compaed to the original is just useless(n)

Last edited:

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
No
RPGM is better
a Renpy game without rollback and ctrl to fast recap the story line is useless in my opinion
This one has rollback, and CTRL to skip, and now has mousewheel to go forward too.

The old Ren'Py is a VN, not a game. I prefer game experiences, so do not like those kinds of RPGM-Ren'Py ports (like Phalzyr's Office Wife, Anna Exciting Affection Ch.1, Lily Of The Valley etc.)

There are plenty of people who prefer the RPGM Original, which is great! This version exists to complement the original and to allow players to play the game in Ren'Py as faithfully as possible, in the way it was intended to be experienced

Arno_nimm

Dec 11, 2020
I've a problem with the game and I don't find the solution for it. I played it, saved and now I got only Whitescreen and the game just crash without any error notice my windows just tell me in the reports:

EventNameAppHangB1

Even if I make a complete new folder and unzip the game there( so without saves) its the same result. Didn't change/update anything at the system. Very strange behaviour, any ideas?

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
I've a problem with the game and I don't find the solution for it. I played it, saved and now I got only Whitescreen and the game just crash without any error notice my windows just tell me in the reports:

EventNameAppHangB1

Even if I make a complete new folder and unzip the game there( so without saves) its the same result. Didn't change/update anything at the system. Very strange behaviour, any ideas?
Looks like some weird Windows error. If a restart doesn't fix, try looking for faulty modules:

Reactions: Arno_nimm

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
michaelcros, out of curiosity, why does it take so long for this page to go away and for the game to start?

Screenshot 2024-04-18 123628.png

Arno_nimm

Dec 11, 2020
Looks like some weird Windows error. If a restart doesn't fix, try looking for faulty modules:

Unfortunately it doesn't fix it. Already done the usual things and a bit more (like the testing of removing different parts like savegames and so on, also deleting it from Appdata, made a svc /scannow, all including restarts, also tried other RenPy games which are working pretty fine, while ToW keeps beeing on Whitescreen, the error appears if I try to close the Whitescreenwindow, also Videoplayers and all other steam games work without errors its just ToW exlusive)

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
michaelcros, out of curiosity, why does it take so long for this page to go away and for the game to start?

View attachment 3553249
That's the splash screen shown while Ren'Py itself starts up. I am guessing that the archives with 8,500 or so files in them take a while to scan! It's nothing the game is doing in that time, it hasn't reached the game code until that screen disappears

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Unfortunately it doesn't fix it. Already done the usual things and a bit more (like the testing of removing different parts like savegames and so on, also deleting it from Appdata, made a svc /scannow, all including restarts, also tried other RenPy games which are working pretty fine, while ToW keeps beeing on Whitescreen, the error appears if I try to close the Whitescreenwindow, also Videoplayers and all other steam games work without errors its just ToW exlusive)
Not sure what to suggest here, hard to tell what is going on. One thing you could try is
- download the Ren'Py SDK 8.2.1
- Create New Project, call it anything, accept default settings
- Replace the created game folder with that from TOW
- Launch Project

May not work, but might give extra context with what is going on

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arno_nimm

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
That's the splash screen shown while Ren'Py itself starts up. I am guessing that the archives with 8,500 or so files in them take a while to scan! It's nothing the game is doing in that time, it hasn't reached the game code until that screen disappears
Thanks, I figured as much. I just wanted clarification. Sure, takes forever, but, it's worth the wait. I decided for Stacy to not give the potion to Jason, figuring this would help them to get back to being more normal and I didn't want that. I want her to love her whore and slut self. With this game I am in corruption and perversion heaven. How many Enchantments are there, in this version? I think I am at around 80.

Arno_nimm

Dec 11, 2020
Not sure what to suggest here, hard to tell what is going on. One thing you could try is
- download the Ren'Py SDK 8.2.1
- Create New Project, call it anything, accept default settings
- Replace the created game folder with that from TOW
- Launch Project

May not work, but might give extra context with what is going on
Okay I've done it. The Project can be started and you were right through this I got what was wrong here.

I were at that point where the Game asks "save?" and I saved the game and Quit the game (normally without any errors). But it seems this crashed the game compeletely. I used just one older savefile (doesn't put in the newer savefiles) in a fresh unzipped game and it worked I played after the point where the game ask "save?"(after the Barscene and no Problem anymore. (Tried also a newer savefile in a fresh game aaaand same result the game is completely broken after its loaded, even if I remove the savefile and put an older in or just keeps it empty it keeps broken)

Reactions: michaelcros

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Okay I've done it. The Project can be started and you were right through this I got what was wrong here.

I were at that point where the Game asks "save?" and I saved the game and Quit the game (normally without any errors). But it seems this crashed the game compeletely. I used just one older savefile (doesn't put in the newer savefiles) in a fresh unzipped game and it worked I played after the point where the game ask "save?"(after the Barscene and no Problem anymore. (Tried also a newer savefile in a fresh game aaaand same result the game is completely broken after its loaded, even if I remove the savefile and put an older in or just keeps it empty it keeps broken)
That is a strange one. Not sure why savegames would espectially cause those problems. Glad to hear that you're at least able to play now

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes