Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
like an alpha team and beta team thing?
The names you are looking for are combinations of Red, Gold and Blue.

Does he though? His whole backstory is the most convoluted 90s shit ever. And then Scott ending up with Madelyne Pryor in this continuity will be even weirder because it'd be like the girl rejecting him so he fucks her clone instead?
Do we need Cable? If we want certain stories with the New Mutants, including fan favorite characters like Magik or Domino and personal favorites like Dani Moonstar and Magma, then yeah, we need Cable. And at least in the comics, while Maddie might be Jean's clone, it's borderline a twin situation because they have entirely different lives and sets of memories so now we get into the debate of wether a clone is an actual human being too and then we have to get Spider-man involved and

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Don't read the Anita Blake series then, because they do all that stuff right from page one. Not only are they absolutely dire, prose-wise, but everything in the universe of the stories exists to make her look good. She's always right, everyone literally venerates her like a goddess and if she makes a mistake or accidentally kills a few people she wasn't supposed to, it's okay, everyone forgives her and the universe will literally warp itself to prove her right by way of compensation!
Never been interested... and it sounds like that was a good thing.

I guess Twilight's main character was a huge Mary Sue as well, but again, never had any interest in reading it.

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
everything in the universe of the stories exists to make her look good. She's always right, everyone literally venerates her like a goddess and if she makes a mistake or accidentally kills a few people she wasn't supposed to, it's okay, everyone forgives her
Sounds like ya'll are talking about the current crop of MSheU movies and Disney live action remakes.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Sounds like ya'll are talking about the current crop of MSheU movies and Disney live action remakes.
Someone once said that Disney doesn't know how to make movies not catered to girls or general families and when you look at the MCU after they fired the guy who planned everything up to Endgame... it really shows.

Before someone responds. Keep in mind that Pixar has a separate creative team and Disney only distributes Ghibli films, they don't have a hand in the creative process.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Someone once said that Disney doesn't know how to make movies not catered to girls or general families and when you look at the MCU after they fired the guy who planned everything up to Endgame... it really shows.
That's what happens when people treat art like a business and not like, you know, art. It always drove me crazy when people (studios, "producers", etc.) put money into a creative project and expect a guarantee return. Like, if art can have a guaranteed result every time, it wouldn't be called art. It'd be call science.

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
That's what happens when people treat art like a business and not like, you know, art. It always drove me crazy when people (studios, "producers", etc.) put money into a creative project and expect a guarantee return. Like, if art can have a guaranteed result every time, it wouldn't be called art. It'd be call science.
I said something similar about Bethesda the other day. that they are the masters of mediocrity, they don't really do anything particularly interesting because that might be risky. They are driven by the bottom line, the need to make more profit for the shareholders today.

Yay capitalism.

A friend of mine figures that the first set of Marvel films were good because they were willing to take risks, to try things, to see what worked and what didn't. But as time went by and the money flowed in, the willingness to take risks dwindled, they wanted to keep a nice steady flow of cash, but not take any risks that might lead to a huge return, but also might lead to a huge flop (even the modern films that have flopped haven't done that badly). It's safe. It's conservative. It's a steady profit for the shareholders; and that is all that matters (which incidentally makes a lie of the right wing saw 'Go Woke Go Broke' - if that were true, companies like Disney would never pursue diversity at all, but they do, so...)

Reactions: drone4of2

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
ShinyBoots1993 There is still one question not covered - Are you - the dev team - waging covert promo campaign? In recent months I've been seeing Rogue in my subscription feeds with increasing frequency. But today you've gone overboard. in a single day was a mistake and now I know about your plan. *puts on his visored tinfoil burgonet*

4.70 star(s) 132 Votes