Oct 21, 2023
Oh, one more thing came to my mind.
I assume it is a placeholder for some future features, but some variance would be enjoyed in the coming back from date part.
It's kinda weird to skip through the outside of school part.
And while we are at dates - I really like how you're not always invited to the room. Those small details are what pushes this game to the league above others.

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
so in a previous post, I asked about a sequel to this game. I should clarify that I had read in earlier posts that there might be a sequel after this game is done and does not mean it will happen. that being said, this is just me asking and should not be seen as confirmed

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Oh, absolutely. Agile basically boils down to "Hey programmers, figure out what we want AND how to do our jobs, for us." As rigid as waterfall is, it puts doesn't put the power of how something is built into the hands of people who have more selfish vested interest than making sure something works.
I love when the users/ customers have no idea what they want, so just tell us to make a thing that does vague stuff, and walk away. And then bitch and moan when the result isn't what they want - which they still don't actually know what is, but they are sure it isn't what they got.

Or if they do tell you what they want, they keep changing their minds, or adding to it (the ever wonderful scope creep). And then bitch and whine when what they get isn't what they want... but is what they asked for.

I spent 4 (or was it 5?) years of my life trying desperately to make a piece of shit system with a rigid 'database' (aka: a bunch of flat text files) talk to an actual database. To the surprise of myself and several others, I actually got it to work (mostly...), even with their scope creep. And then at almost literally the last minute - I was actually ready to move the thing live - they decide that they aren't going to use that software any more and put the project on hold (don't know why they claimed it was hold as opposed to cancelled, I knew it was dead).
I've been going through the motions and little more ever since, just waiting for my retirement in six months (early retirement).

Reactions: Mokoshakar

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
what kind of time skip would it be between the 2 games?
Enough time for us to not need to deal with Heroes Reborn.

The game is in alpha and we're already talking about sequels:eek:
In that team members have downtime to shoot the shit, outline ideas, adapt comic stories, whatever.
This.

Maddeninggg would riot if we didn't.

so in a previous post, I asked about a sequel to this game. I should clarify that I had read in earlier posts that there might be a sequel after this game is done and does not mean it will happen. that being said, this is just me asking and should not be seen as confirmed
When we finish this game we're going to evaluate whether or not we want to take a break from the Marvel setting.

We have many stories we want to adapt and tell but there are also many other settings we have interest in.

Null Hypothesis MMO!
No.

...or an Avengers expansion DLC!
I mean... some Avengers may make an appearance...

...or a unified Marvel Dating-Sim Universe!
I put forth the idea of an original character akin to Null for all the major teams happening concurrently. The problem is that the X-Men are really the only team to focus on its members in a way that helps our preferred method of storytelling.

The Avengers rotates members so often that we couldn't really tell a long-form story and like we can with other teams.

SHIELD has plenty of human characters but it's just 6 different women in identical catsuits.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have some babes and they encounter plenty of other Aliens but they have the least name recognition and their existence was rewritten like 6 times.

The Thunderbolts don't become a thing until Civil War.

Alpha Flight is just Canada and is mostly treated like side characters to the X-Men.

The Inhumans... exist.

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
...or an Avengers expansion DLC!
The last time the words "Avengers expansion DLC" were put together, we got a mid Black Panther update in a different game, so I kinda don't wanna summon the angry gods that cursed Square Enix to... exist, basically.

The Avengers rotates members so often that we couldn't really tell a long-form story and like we can with other teams.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have some babes and they encounter plenty of other Aliens but they have the least name recognition and their existence was rewritten like 6 times.

The Thunderbolts don't become a thing until Civil War.
In regards to the Avengers, I mean... I'm sure something can be came up with.

And you have the guardians and the Thunderbolts mixed up, the guardians as we know them, a.k.a the Star-Lord team with Gamora and Drax, came together after Civil War (after Annihilation Conquest actually, but that was after Civil War). The Thunderbolts started exactly after Onslaught because the main avengers were stuck in the Heroes Reborn era, so Citizen V reunited a bunch of like minded people to take their place (I can say the spoilers but hey, who knows if you guys wanna use them and I don't wanna start ruining surprises to people... yet).

Last edited:

Gambit33

Apr 10, 2023
The writing is decent, at least compared to the other game ( Rogue-like) however the mc is too much of a Gary-stu. It gets boring after a while. Almost from the get go everybody is kissing his ass.

The writer obviously has a good grasp at writing, so I wonder what why he did not write a compelling story with some real challenges thrown at the mc.

I hate NTR but how fun would it have been to have Scott be a real competitor for Jeans affection?

Feel like the dev is just going the path of least resistance. Other males may well be nonexistent in the game. Prof. X is really almost a non entity outside of giving you jobs (on that note, how does he use telepathy on you if you are immune to mutant powers?) and Kurt is just a plot device and expozition dump. Piotr only shows up in one scene and Scott and Logan are only shown to exist in a somewhat humorous Convo on the phone

There is no real conflict or stakes, just a grind to earn enough love and trust points to unlock new scenes.

whity112

Feb 26, 2018
The writing is decent, at least compared to the other game ( Rogue-like) however the mc is too much of a Gary-stu. It gets boring after a while. Almost from the get go everybody is kissing his ass.

The writer obviously has a good grasp at writing, so I wonder what why he did not write a compelling story with some real challenges thrown at the mc.

I hate NTR but how fun would it have been to have Scott be a real competitor for Jeans affection?

Feel like the dev is just going the path of least resistance. Other males may well be nonexistent in the game. Prof. X is really almost a non entity outside of giving you jobs (on that note, how does he use telepathy on you if you are immune to mutant powers?) and Kurt is just a plot device and expozition dump. Piotr only shows up in one scene and Scott and Logan are only shown to exist in a somewhat humorous Convo on the phone

There is no real conflict or stakes, just a grind to earn enough love and trust points to unlock new scenes.
not going to be any ntr thank god. also the game is in beta.

Gambit33

Apr 10, 2023
Good

Oh no
I get it, again let's say a storyline line where Jean and Scott split up shortly before you arrive, due to Scott cheating on Jean with Emma Frost( a storyline from the comics).

You try to get with Jean, who has issues after her long time boyfriend cheated on her, and Scott hates you because he wants Jean back and sees you as an obstacle. You have drama, you have conflict, hell you could even end on a redemption arc for Scott where he eventually asks forgiveness from her and gives his blessing to your relationship.

Cliche? Absolutely, but at least it is something. What do we get instead? Some weird incest play? Yeah like there aren't enough incest games on this site.

And for clarification I am proudly part of perhaps one of the most annoying groups on this site, barring NTR addicts. I am a lifelong IIA( is it avoidable?).

Last edited:

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
Cliche? Absolutely, but at least it is something. What do we get instead?
There is no real conflict or stakes
I think this is only the second time I've seen someone in this thread argue it should be harder to romance the girls.
It sounds like you just don't find a plot interesting unless there's cheating or love triangles.

All the girls have challenges and issues that you help them with, and the MC gets into trouble regularly.
The story is to me a high point of the game, a LOT more ambitious and serious than any other game I've found on this site.

Other males may well be nonexistent in the game
It's early in development and they're understandably not very high on the priority list. More guys will come and you will be able to do stuff with them, but they won't be going after your girls (good thing, very based).
I find this a surprising complaint when I was amazed the game even had men at all.

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
It's early in development and they're understandably not very high on the priority list. More guys will come and you will be able to do stuff with them, but they won't be going after your girls (good thing, very based).
Considering there are people on this site who think it is NTR if there is another straight male in the game at all (even if they don't get involved with any of the girls, and Odin forbid they are in a relationship with a girl who isn't even a potential LI for the MC), even doing this is probably going to upset some people.

As several people have noted many times in the past, for many, many things, you cannot please everyone, it is foolish to even try. Make what you like, and others will probably like it too. Some people won't, but that's just the way it is.

whity112

Feb 26, 2018
Considering there are people on this site who think it is NTR if there is another straight male in the game at all (even if they don't get involved with any of the girls, and Odin forbid they are in a relationship with a girl who isn't even a potential LI for the MC), even doing this is probably going to upset some people.

As several people have noted many times in the past, for many, many things, you cannot please everyone, it is foolish to even try. Make what you like, and others will probably like it too. Some people won't, but that's just the way it is.
no one thnigs that

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019

If he was an actual Gary Stu, there wouldn't be an infirmary where you are sent to every story event. About everyone kissing his ass, let's see: Xavier is like that with every young mutant as his role of older kind mentor, Rogue does kiss his ass because he is the only person she can actually interact with, Laura straight up kicks his ass for most of the first season and only starts coming around near the end, Jean is a neurotic with a desire for anyone to like her that tries to win over the one guy who doesn't have a negative impression of her, Storm is legit just being nice.

Challenges like getting his ass handed to him by Juggernaut and Sentinels? Or what kind of challenges are you thinking of?

No, it would not be fun.

Maybe because the game is very early in development and they decided to focus on the girls first and then start introducing the rest of the team? Content with Kurt is coming and Colossus is gonna be bro-able in chapter 2, maybe even starting a friendship at the end of the first summer, Scott and Logan are referenced many times and will probably come with Colossus, shit Logan even has a line of dialogue.

Maybe because this is an introduction to the world so the story is just starting? My sibling in Christ, the game is in a very pretty alpha, patience is the name of the game.

Reactions: drone4of2

whity112

Feb 26, 2018
If he was an actual Gary Stu, there wouldn't be an infirmary where you are sent to every story event. About everyone kissing his ass, let's see: Xavier is like that with every young mutant as his role of older kind mentor, Rogue does kiss his ass because he is the only person she can actually interact with, Laura straight up kicks his ass for most of the first season and only starts coming around near the end, Jean is a neurotic with a desire for anyone to like her that tries to win over the one guy who doesn't have a negative impression of her, Storm is legit just being nice.

Challenges like getting his ass handed to him by Juggernaut and Sentinels? Or what kind of challenges are you thinking of?

No, it would not be fun.

Maybe because the game is very early in development and they decided to focus on the girls first and then start introducing the rest of the team? Content with Kurt is coming and Colossus is gonna be bro-able in chapter 2, maybe even starting a friendship at the end of the first summer, Scott and Logan are referenced many times and will probably come with Colossus, shit Logan even has a line of dialogue.

Maybe because this is an introduction to the world so the story is just starting? My sibling in Christ, the game is in a very pretty alpha, patience is the name of the game.
the only thing null wins at is joging/running against anna lol

4.70 star(s) 130 Votes