Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
I mean, yeah, sure. But However, I'm currently more enthralled by your version of Rogue's interest in Joy Division and Killing joke (granted that I'm mainly familiar with because of Need for Speed Underground 2). Not that I'm asking to make music related conversations a thing in the game, but it makes me wonder if Rogue would be interested in heavier groups, such as , , and .

Also, I'm guessing that Jean is into Imagine Dragons?

Fun fact, but I was actually listening to when I wrote that line. It's heresy to some, I know, but I actually tend more towards Killing Joke's later stuff, like their self-titled '03 album, Absolute Dissent and MMXII. Love Like Blood though, easily one of their best earlier tracks, amazing song and probably the first thing I heard of theirs back in the day. She'd absolutely be into , definitely some and a good bit of (for my money, I think of that last one as her unofficial theme song, I tend to put on mood playlists when writing scenes and that song just feels like it fits her in ways I can and can't quite explain).

IIRC, there's a few mentions of Jean's tastes and they note that she tends to be very middle-of-the-road. She's that girl who usually likes whatever's big or popular at that time, not out of a desire to be in with the in-crowd, but simply because that's genuinely where her tastes lie. So yeah, she probably listened to Radioactive at least a dozen times a day.

(as a general rule, if anyone mentions a movie or band, it's probably my doing, I love writing character-based stuff and namedropping someone's taste in music often gives you an insight into who they are as a person)

qarnac

Jul 4, 2019
just checking, you are inviting both girls at the same time, right? if not, it won't help them become friendlier
Yes. I was inviting all 3 most of the time but now I'm focusing on Anna and Laura. They're friendly at this point but Anna still doesn't think they get along well enough. Neither one of them likes Jean.

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Wondering if it's always going to be a mechanic that whenever the MC starts having sex at low desire with Rogue, etc. that the "doesn't seem super into what you're doing" or "slow down" messages show up despite having a heart icon next to the action. Is foreplay always going to be a necessity or a high enough desire for the sex action alone to increase desire?
For some reason women don't like you jamming your fingers up there when they aren't warmed up, how strange....

From looking at the code, yes, those messages and state are tied directly to desire, which is the pink bar in the top left. Currently desire is not tracked (much) outside the sex 'game' itself, but there is obvious intent for it to be more involved, so that a girl can go into the session already warmed up.

So, just as in real life, check how ready she is to do something. In the game that means checking the pink bar.

However, I do agree that an action shouldn't have a heart beside it if she isn't currently ready for that, not just when she's become bored by/ desensitized to it.

However, also note that the girls don't generally want you to just do one thing, they want a variety of acts in each session. A low actions rating on the scorecard at the end will reduce the score, and thus how much they enjoyed the experience.
Therefore even if they are ready to go, a little foreplay isn't a bad idea.

A 'quicky' would require a different mechanic to be set up.

BitesZaDusto

Jul 4, 2017
For some reason women don't like you jamming your fingers up there when they aren't warmed up, how strange....

From looking at the code, yes, those messages and state are tied directly to desire, which is the pink bar in the top left. Currently desire is not tracked (much) outside the sex 'game' itself, but there is obvious intent for it to be more involved, so that a girl can go into the session already warmed up.

So, just as in real life, check how ready she is to do something. In the game that means checking the pink bar.

However, I do agree that an action shouldn't have a heart beside it if she isn't currently ready for that, not just when she's become bored by/ desensitized to it.

However, also note that the girls don't generally want you to just do one thing, they want a variety of acts in each session. A low actions rating on the scorecard at the end will reduce the score, and thus how much they enjoyed the experience.
Therefore even if they are ready to go, a little foreplay isn't a bad idea.

A 'quicky' would require a different mechanic to be set up.
I was mostly wondering how it works compared to RLE since I remember for that game, sexual acts such as anal don't really increase much pleasure/desire early on until the character develops more sexual experience with that action similar to the deepthroating/BJ actions in which both games have some kind of variable monitoring how skilled a character is with that. I don't mind a realistic approach that this game provides though if that's the intent. But it does seem somewhat tedious though to go through all those actions if let's say a "quicky" is the intent of the player.

Reactions: ARB582 and armond

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
But it does seem somewhat tedious though to go through all those actions if let's say a "quicky" is the intent of the player.
You bring up a good point, and yea the current sex system is set up to reward longer/thorough sessions with more action variety. I could definitely see us adding some sort of quicky mechanic where if you only want a blowjob, the game doesn't punish you for not doing more.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
You bring up a good point, and yea the current sex system is set up to reward longer/thorough sessions with more action variety. I could definitely see us adding some sort of quicky mechanic where if you only want a blowjob, the game doesn't punish you for not doing more.
The current system doesn't really punish you for short sessions though, does it? I thought it just rewards you with less points.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Sure, but getting a C- on sex can seem like a punishment even if you don't lose points lmao
Look, some people like blowing their partner's minds with passionate sex and multiple orgasms, other just want straight catholic sex with as little movement and interest in in the act as possible. Don't kink shame them.

Jokes aside. Maybe the quick solution is to just remove the letter grade. Or at least the minus part since the minus, at least in my perspective, is what gives the negative aspect of it. Like if someone was to give me a C on a quicky, I'd be like "Yeah, that makes sense. It's just a quicky." But if it was a C-, then it feels like the partner was dissatisfied.

Last edited:

PrincessBitchJean

Aug 25, 2017
Fun fact, but I was actually listening to when I wrote that line. It's heresy to some, I know, but I actually tend more towards Killing Joke's later stuff, like their self-titled '03 album, Absolute Dissent and MMXII. Love Like Blood though, easily one of their best earlier tracks, amazing song and probably the first thing I heard of theirs back in the day. She'd absolutely be into , definitely some and a good bit of (for my money, I think of that last one as her unofficial theme song, I tend to put on mood playlists when writing scenes and that song just feels like it fits her in ways I can and can't quite explain).

IIRC, there's a few mentions of Jean's tastes and they note that she tends to be very middle-of-the-road. She's that girl who usually likes whatever's big or popular at that time, not out of a desire to be in with the in-crowd, but simply because that's genuinely where her tastes lie. So yeah, she probably listened to Radioactive at least a dozen times a day.

(as a general rule, if anyone mentions a movie or band, it's probably my doing, I love writing character-based stuff and namedropping someone's taste in music often gives you an insight into who they are as a person)
That was a little bit of an adventure (in a good way) compared to my usual tech death and thall, but I can totally see it, especially with Amelia.

Jokes aside. Maybe the quick solution is to just remove the letter grade. Or at least the minus part since the minus, at least in my perspective, is what gives the negative aspect of it. Like if someone was to give me a C on a quicky, I'd be like "Yeah, that makes sense. It's just a quicky." But if it was a C-, then it feels like the partner was dissatisfied.
Or, replace the letter grades with the ones from Devil May Cry. I wanna be the storm that is approaching when I pull off a crazy combo on Rogue's coochie and get that Smokin' Sexy Style!! rank after busting that third Judgement Nut.

That would keep me motivated to always start with foreplay.

Egai123

Jun 24, 2021
The current system doesn't really punish you for short sessions though, does it? I thought it just rewards you with less points.
YOU CAN JUST TELL THE GIRL TO GET ON 4 AND HAVE YOU BJ. NO STRIPING JUST BJ & END IT.
ITS ALL THERE.... NO NEED TO CHANGE .../

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetluvd

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Or, replace the letter grades with the ones from Devil May Cry. I wanna be the storm that is approaching when I pull off a crazy combo on Rogue's coochie and get that Smokin' Sexy Style!! rank after busting that third Judgement Nut.

To build off that idea. Maybe it'd be better to have that scoring during sex and not after. It can hold all the tally's until and grade when the player cums. That way you're not completely blind sided by the grading system the first time you have sex and you can try for a better grade if you have more than 1 stamina.

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
How far can you go with the girls at the various relationship stages? Do you need to commit to actually have sex with them?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
How far can you go with the girls at the various relationship stages? Do you need to commit to actually have sex with them?
Last I checked, yes and perhaps more. Like Rogue doesn't have a lot of conditions (if any. Depending on how one sees somethings), but Laura and Jean will have a few like, having been a few days (I think 3) since x has happened and/or accepted their quirk and/or something similar.

Edit: Just realized I didn't answer the first question. You can go all the way. Though it may not happen until the... 4th? season. But to go all the way, you'll need to commit, being their boyfriend and having them said "I love you" and/or more depending on the character. Until then, it's just things like making out and stuff. Very "I would like to have sex but I'm holding back for the right person." kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Echo-128

May 13, 2018
Introducing Laura to "sex" may not be the wisest move, though...
I mean, if Null thought Laura's training sessions were rough, I imagine she'd obliterate him in bed!

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Introducing Laura to "sex" may not be the wisest move, though...
I mean, if Null thought Laura's training sessions were rough, I imagine she'd obliterate him in bed!
with her stamina and ability to recover, I'd say it would be a death wish

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Has Firestar been getting more of a push in the comics? I've been hearing her name pop up more.

Fair enough. My thinking with Cecilia was the school doctor/nurse thing you often see in visual novel games... or at least the visual novel games I play.

As for Stacy X, honestly that's just based on her origin and powers. I'm not as familiar with her past that. Heck I had to look up Armor and Mirage to remind/familiarize myself with them.

Good call on Mirage, btw, I kept thinking her name was Thunderbird, but that's a different X-Men.

So let's reshape the list a bit based on feedback:

Confirmed/In Game:
Laura
Jean
Rogue
Storm

Good chance given their ties to the X-Men:
Kitty
Jubilee
Magik
Emma Frost
Mystique
Betsy Braddock/Kwannon/Psylocke (however the hell you all manage that)

A bit more obscure, but could be in:
Firestar
Armor
Mirage
Boom Boom
Wolfsbane
Dazzler
Domino
Polaris
Lady Deathstrike
Marrow
Blink
Pixie

Superheroines with ties to mutants/X-Men:
Scarlet Witch
Warbird/Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers
I thought it was confirmed that the next season was being based on the Dark Phoenix saga? In which case most of the women there weren't involved/created by that time. If they are following the plot it needs to be :-

Kitty
Storm
Polaris

maybe Moira? I can't remember if she was in at that point. Lilandra if they are bringing in the cosmic stuff, but I don't think the queen of an interstellar race would have much time to swan about campus. One of the Imperial Guard?

Reactions: Corbous1

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
is there any inspiration being taken from the whedon cassaday run? they did kitty pryde really well View attachment 3548880
Not on my part, mainly because none of the characters in that run (Kitty, Emma Frost and Armour) are in the game, and Mad doesn't read the comics, preferring to have Shiny and myself act as a buffer/filter.

That was a little bit of an adventure (in a good way) compared to my usual tech death and thall, but I can totally see it, especially with Amelia.

Glad you approve! In my mind I always figured she'd like the stuff you could dance to more than the heavy, heavy stuff that sounds like a sequencer falling into a bin of Einstürzende Neubauten demos. Not that it's not in her playlists, but it's not the sort of thing you listen to while studying (unless you're studying mortuary science, like one guy I used to know). It's always a minefield when it comes to attributing musical taste to characters - done well, it adds dimensions to their personality and makes them feel more real, done poorly, well, 'Harry Potter discovers My Chemical Romance' is a joke and a cliche for a reason.

And you all joke, but we in the dev team have barely restrained ourselves from putting soundclips from DMC into the minigame.

Maybe next April...

Reactions: gravityqueen
4.70 star(s) 130 Votes