jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024
I just played through once, so I'm not an expert, but all the girls have 3 relationship quests, Relationship I, II, etc, and a love quest, named appropriately enough, Love. With Jean and Rogue, the relationship quests occur in order, then you get the love quest. With Laura, I got Love after Relationship II, and Relationship III happened last. All girls were ready for sex after the Love quest. For me, each quest triggered a day or two after the previous quest had completed. If it's not working for you, it does sound like the Relationship II trigger didn't work, and that would prevent the others.

Edit: Although I might be mistaken about some details. Laura may not have been ready until the end of Relationship III, which would put her on par with the others, i.e. after all the quests.
Any clue on how to trigger Relationship 2? I have no idea how I trigged Rogues or Jeans. I know Jeans showed up right away but Rogues 2 didn't show up until after some time. I kept waiting for the same thing to happen with Laura but it never did. It seems tied to the girl randomly asking you on a date.

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
I mean, she was ready faster than the others, but it still took courage to make that leap.
Yeah that was a topic we had in the discord chat.
I mentioned how I didn't encounter a scripted scene like with Rogue but I COULD sleep with Laura and Jean, the latter I know for sure since she said "Finally" when i selected the 'Sex' option.

But yeah, I bypassed the scripted part because I said no to her when she first propositioned me.

In my defense though, I wanted Rogue to be the first girl that Null slept with.

Reactions: Augustus Commodus
Aug 15, 2017
Any clue on how to trigger Relationship 2? I have no idea how I trigged Rogues or Jeans. I know Jeans showed up right away but Rogues 2 didn't show up until after some time. I kept waiting for the same thing to happen with Laura but it never did. It seems tied to the girl randomly asking you on a date.
I'm not the world's best code monkey, but it looks like the criteria for Laura's Relationship II is an event called Laura_enjoying_being_girlfriend. Now, I just need to find the trigger for that event; however, it is listed after Laura jealousy events, which I assume trigger if you date others without asking Laura's permission. Now, I didn't need to ask her permission since she was the last I started dating, but I did need to ask Rogue about Jean and both Rogue and Jean about Laura. Maybe talk to everyone and make sure you've asked everyone you need to about everyone else. If I get some free time later, I'll try poking around in the code a bit more, or maybe someone else might have an answer first.
Yeah that was a topic we had in the discord chat.
I mentioned how I didn't encounter a scripted scene like with Rogue but I COULD sleep with Laura and Jean, the latter I know for sure since she said "Finally" when i selected the 'Sex' option.

But yeah, I bypassed the scripted part because I said no to her when she first propositioned me.

In my defense though, I wanted Rogue to be the first girl that Null slept with.
Well, in my defense, I didn't want to pressure Rogue. As far as I was concerned, she could take as long as she needed. But a man has needs, and I didn't want to subconsciously put pressure on the poor girl because those needs weren't being met. So when a hot redhead propositioned me, it was altruism that demanded that I graciously acceded to her request and not because there was a hot redhead in front of me ready to go. Yep, 100% altruism. Because Rogue's needs and comfort are always my first priority. Got it? Altruism.

:whistle:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I don't know about anyone else, but the first time with Jean, in my playthrough, kind of was after a date. She asked Null out. At the end of the date, she said goodnight. At the time, it was the first time I wasn't given the option to continue to making out, and although that has since happened a few times, at the time it felt strange. Null goes to bed, and gets awoken by texts from Jean. It was kind of perfect, like Jean had planned on it being the first time after the date when she first invited me, but she had chickened out at the last moment. It was so perfect, in fact, that I thought that the entire sequence of events was scripted. I mean, she was ready faster than the others, but it still took courage to make that leap.
despite presenting herself as this amazing, strong, confident girl who can handle anything, she does suffer what most people suffer from and that's self-confidence. again, she may appear confident but that's just an image she projects for others to see. she admits that she never went all the way from Scotty boy but she feels like she can be open about herself with Null who chooses to help her overcome her problems

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
despite presenting herself as this amazing, strong, confident girl who can handle anything, she does suffer what most people suffer from and that's self-confidence. again, she may appear confident but that's just an image she projects for others to see. she admits that she never went all the way from Scotty boy but she feels like she can be open about herself with Null who chooses to help her overcome her problems
At the start Jean is pretty much a classic insecure arrogant archetype (my designation). She acts pretty full of herself (but not overwhelmingly so, unlike most people in this kind of archetype), but is actually insecure. In her case she has some good reasons for it, and actually starts to get better about it, which is again better than most people of this archetype.

Jean has - from somewhere - had a lot of pressure placed on her, an expectation to be perfect. I would guess the thinking was a combination of her beauty, brains, and incredible power has caused those around her to have unrealistic expectations of her. Or that is how she sees it at least, that everyone has these high expectations of her.

She even says once "I'm supposed to be perfect". This is a lot to put on anyone, coupled with her powers that she starts to lose control of, and having some of her powers locked away - which makes her feel like she isn't good enough - and... well, a bunch of other stuff, it's no surprise that inside she is actually insecure, maybe even developing imposter syndrome (ironically common among people who actually are capable, while people who aren't have a tendency to Dunning-Kruger). By Summer (almost a year in which we've only seen almost montage level compression of events) she starts to realize this is all bullshit. Null helps her become truly confident in herself, without having to be perfect.

I kinda know what this is like. Aeons ago, when the dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, when I was in high school I somehow got this reputation as being really smart. I never really felt it, I never thought I was stupid, and I certainly knew people I did think were stupid, but I also knew several people I thought were WAY smarter than me. For a time I sort of did have this conflict between what I was doing and what people said I should be capable of, and it was annoying. But the difference here is that I am fundamentally lazy and unwilling to put in a lot of work for something I didn't feel - and come on, how many kids really believe school is that important? Some sure, but not most. So it didn't take long for me to go, 'whatever' and just do my own thing and pretty much ignore what others expected of me. But if I had been someone willing to put in the work, or thought that school was super important, I could easily have fallen into the same trap as Jean - except I don't think I had her brains to back it up.

Reactions: Augustus Commodus

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
(almost a year in which we've only seen almost montage level compression of events)
Well if you delay going to the next season till its logical conclusion it won't be montage-level.

Just a lot of off-screen friendship and relationship-building happens in between time skips.

With the new friendship system and the stories in chapter 2 onward, the game will feel less compressed as it will have a lot going on.

Chapter 1 is a world introduction and tutorials. A focus of writing for chapter 1 girls in chapter 2 will go along the lines of "So we're in a relationship... now what?"

Like a lot of games that build up and END with a confirmed commitment. You're not gonna be doing taxes with Rogue or looking into health insurance with Jean but you will be confronted with relationships being more than study sessions followed by fuckin'.

Though that relies on you actually dating one of them which I can see multiple people doing the platonic routes at most for the Chapter 1 girls for Storm alone let alone the reaction to the reveal of the other two girls.

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Well if you delay going to the next season till its logical conclusion it won't be montage-level.
True, true. But I am really not that patient. Or obsessive compulsive.

It also wasn't a criticism, merely a description of the game compressing events to a manageable level.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
nitpick tho, why would they wear swimsuits under a towel when taking a shower, kinda out of the place
They only do that for the public showers, like at the beach. Since the public showers in the danger room area are unisex, Storm already indicated at the beginning that there would be no nude showering in that area allowed. Showering in your private restroom area in your own room is normal though "hint."

Aug 15, 2017
Found it. The criteria for "Enjoy" event are:

• Three or more days have passed since becoming Laura's boyfriend.
  • It happens in Null's room when he wakes up.
  • There is a "not present" tag that, at the very least, means Laura is not in the room with you, but it may also mean that nobody is in the room with you.

Possible reasons the event, and thus the quest, are not triggering.

• You are not Laura's boyfriend. It is possible to postpone that event when it triggers, and perhaps that is where the issue occurred. Did you get the event where Laura drags Null to his room and says she wants him to be her boyfriend? If not, you need to trigger than event. If postponed, i.e. you told Laura you didn't have time when she either texted you or asked to talk, I am unsure how to accomplish this.
  • Null isn't sleeping in his room or isn't sleeping in his room alone. Are you constantly sleeping over with one of the girls or inviting girls to sleep in his bed? If this is the case, I would recommend sleeping alone in your room. Perhaps over a few nights to try to get the event to trigger.
  • You did get the "Enjoy" event, but the relationship quest didn't activate. Did you get the scene where Kurt texts Null and says Laura is pacing outside your door? The one where Laura says she watches Null sleep through his window? If that event occurred, and the relationship event didn't, I don't know what could have caused it.
  • Perhaps Relationship II did trigger, but it basically autocompleted because you already had the stats high enough to complete it. Look at completed quests to see exactly how far you've progressed. Since these events are complete when a certain love and trust threshold is reached, it is entirely plausible that, depending on when the quest activates, you may have already passed those thresholds. If that is the case, your issue may lie elsewhere.
  • Did you alter your stats, use a trainer, a mod, or anything? If so, you may have broken your save.
I would recommend double checking completed quest to make sure where in the quest chain you are. I would talk to Laura and try to officially become her boyfriend if you postponed that event. I would sleep alone in your bed a few nights to see if that triggers the event. Beyond that, the only thing I could think of is to edit the save to reset some flags and see if you could get things moving again that way. My apologies that I could not be of more help and that it took so long to get back to you.
Does this game have enough content to be played now or should I wait
I can't answer for you, but for me, the answer is yes. I am not part of the dev team; therefore some of the information I'm about to provide may be incorrect, but perhaps it will help answer your question. The game is currently an early access, early beta. Only one of six chapters are complete. Most but not all systems are in place. The existing systems may be polished and iterated upon by the devs in the future. The game is mostly the introductory and tutorial portion. It took me about three days to get through the current content, but with life/job things, it's hard to put that into hours. YMMV. The content is, in my opinion, good, but that does make it easy to fit into the "I want more now" trap.

Reactions: Sweetluvd

jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024
Found it. The criteria for "Enjoy" event are:

• Three or more days have passed since becoming Laura's boyfriend.
  • It happens in Null's room when he wakes up.
  • There is a "not present" tag that, at the very least, means Laura is not in the room with you, but it may also mean that nobody is in the room with you.

Possible reasons the event, and thus the quest, are not triggering.

• You are not Laura's boyfriend. It is possible to postpone that event when it triggers, and perhaps that is where the issue occurred. Did you get the event where Laura drags Null to his room and says she wants him to be her boyfriend? If not, you need to trigger than event. If postponed, i.e. you told Laura you didn't have time when she either texted you or asked to talk, I am unsure how to accomplish this.
  • Null isn't sleeping in his room or isn't sleeping in his room alone. Are you constantly sleeping over with one of the girls or inviting girls to sleep in his bed? If this is the case, I would recommend sleeping alone in your room. Perhaps over a few nights to try to get the event to trigger.
  • You did get the "Enjoy" event, but the relationship quest didn't activate. Did you get the scene where Kurt texts Null and says Laura is pacing outside your door? The one where Laura says she watches Null sleep through his window? If that event occurred, and the relationship event didn't, I don't know what could have caused it.
  • Perhaps Relationship II did trigger, but it basically autocompleted because you already had the stats high enough to complete it. Look at completed quests to see exactly how far you've progressed. Since these events are complete when a certain love and trust threshold is reached, it is entirely plausible that, depending on when the quest activates, you may have already passed those thresholds. If that is the case, your issue may lie elsewhere.
  • Did you alter your stats, use a trainer, a mod, or anything? If so, you may have broken your save.
I would recommend double checking completed quest to make sure where in the quest chain you are. I would talk to Laura and try to officially become her boyfriend if you postponed that event. I would sleep alone in your bed a few nights to see if that triggers the event. Beyond that, the only thing I could think of is to edit the save to reset some flags and see if you could get things moving again that way. My apologies that I could not be of more help and that it took so long to get back to you.
Yeah I checked the completed quests. That's how I knew I never got Relationship 2 with her. Maybe I have been doing too much other stuff. I remember a time when Laura popped into my room but it was right at the evening transition where I had a date with someone else that it pulled me into automatically. I've been trying to not do any dates in hopes it triggers again. It's probably something I just need to keep skipping through days for to trigger I guess. I may just wait until the next big game update.

wowiewonk

Oct 12, 2019
Does anyone have a full save? My save is bugged and can't date Jean.
I do not want to restart the grind back to Year 1 Summer

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
Does anyone have a full save? My save is bugged and can't date Jean.
I do not want to restart the grind back to Year 1 Summer
They're releasing a new update later/tomorrow. Also it might be more helpful to give a bit more detail since maybe your game might not be bugged and the RNG hasn't just triggered?

4.60 star(s) 131 Votes