VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mystery of Shagworthy's Legacy [v0.01d Public] [Newman/Akanoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

toosaho

Sep 9, 2019
why i can't get this game to run. It starts and then make a loop the hotel shenes and that's it!?

Ghost Rida

Mar 27, 2018
Normally I'm not a fan of cartoon parody games but the artwork here looks really good. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
So, is this actually going to be worked on now? Or is it just, well, another "Herpderp cg 4 abandoned" thing?"

• Haha
Reactions: Back

lagartha

Dec 2, 2017
I download it, I get a zip called "Scooby_Game_Stuff.zip", which I then unpackage using The Unarchiver. It says there was a problem reading the contents of the file and that data is corrupted. I press continue anyway. A folder called "Scooby Game Stuff" appears, which I figure means it's okay after all. Inside the folder is a folder just called "Art", and inside that folder is another zip called "k-type_dalek.zip". Opening that gives me a folder of the same name, which is just two versions of a font called "Dalek" and instructions on how to install the fonts. I assume it's just a corrupt download link.
Sounds a lot like the one of the dev's has spite dumped or vengeance dumped the assets as he/she is pissed off. Reading the comments and stuff it sounds like they are justifiably pissed off and has thrown the resources to the winds in case someone else wants to try and make them fly (and as a FU to the other party)...

I'm sure others will know more than I do but that is what it looks like...

• Wow
Reactions: Back

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Sounds a lot like the one of the dev's has spite dumped or vengeance dumped the assets as he/she is pissed off. Reading the comments and stuff it sounds like they are justifiably pissed off and has thrown the resources to the winds in case someone else wants to try and make them fly (and as a FU to the other party)...

I'm sure others will know more than I do but that is what it looks like...
I highly doubt that. He's a fairly well known dev...

kDarcsen

Nov 10, 2017
Mac please :< it looks cool to play
For mac users I recommend downloading the renpy SDK. You can run mac/linux/windows versions of renpy games through the SDK on any OS. When you download the SDK you will see a folder. When you open up the folder there will be a .app with the renpy logo, as well as some other files. Just drop a game folder in that same folder, doubleclick the renpy.app and you will be able to run any renpy games that are inside a folder inside that folder. For an example of what I mean, I believe the SDK comes pre-loaded with a game.

ikaruichijoe

Aug 2, 2017
" warning rant incoming"

Dude i am so irritated by this, been waiting for months on end for an update for the ben-x game, then he apparently abandons it to work on some damn scooby fing doo game. did not support them to just go off in some random ass direction forgetting the thing that got the support in the first place. done, dropped f-it.

• Angry
Reactions: Summer Love

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
" warning rant incoming"

Dude i am so irritated by this, been waiting for months on end for an update for the ben-x game, then he apparently abandons it to work on some damn scooby fing doo game. did not support them to just go off in some random ass direction forgetting the thing that got the support in the first place. done, dropped f-it.
Must be hard not being able to read :unsure:

ikaruichijoe

Aug 2, 2017
Must be hard not being able to read :unsure:
i read just fine, its been what a year since ben has been updated. i know you guys have been busy with real life so thasts not a prob. its doing something completely different in the mean time that i find irritating especially when pledging for a specific project.

• Angry
Reactions: Summer Love

Command

Mar 24, 2018
Since their might be more than one ending I hope Shagge becomes some kind of SHadowy master and Scooby turns into his right hand man...or dog

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
i read just fine, its been what a year since ben has been updated. i know you guys have been busy with real life so thasts not a prob. its doing something completely different in the mean time that i find irritating especially when pledging for a specific project.
We were very clear about it though. You could've stopped pledging months ago if that was an issue for you. We've said multiple times that we were working on Scooby while Newman was busy with his other job because we already have a bunch of assets and this gave me a lot to work with. If it wasn't for Scooby I would have just been sitting around doing nothing for months..

But yea, I felt like we were very clear on what we were doing with our time and that we'd release a build for Scooby before continuing on BenX again. If you only support us for BenX, that's fine, but then you could've dropped support a while ago. Don't go complaining after the build comes out like it came out of nowhere, we've been talking about it for a while now.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, man. What he said. We couldn't have been clearer about the job situation I was in and our plans with the whole Ben X/Scooby thing. We told you guys about it over and over to make sure you weren't surprised. But also, we know we wouldn't have been able to come to a point where we could focus like we can now without supporters like you. You guys have more patience that anyone in their right mind would ask for, so for that, we are very thankful. I'm focusing entirely on Ben X from this point on, for at least a couple of builds, but I think Shagworthy really deserved to have a first public version out :)

The Ascendent

Jun 9, 2018
A great intro, interesting plot, a colorful selection of characters, and much-needed character development for the Scooby Gang. This will be a great game. Lightning has struck twice, first Ben 10 and now Scooby-Doo. Magnificent work.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes