VN Ren'Py The Martin Experiment [Alpha v24.04.23] [The Martin Experiment]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

number500

Jul 19, 2020
Ok, good news: the Newgrounds version is back online.
I solved most of the compatibility and performance issues, and also made this same web version available on itch.io and Gamejolt. I think now the Mac and iOS guys can play it too.

The links:

Jeshua

May 13, 2018
Oooh, this has a ton of potential.

Really hoping that we, as players, get more agency over the MCs inner state, maybe acting as a little voice on his head that either slaps his nonsense away on distress situations or reinforces his delusions for comic effect and funny endings. Would be cool to see him going against our choices from time to time, or literally help shush his mental blabbering as a fight-or-flight mechanism of sorts on key moments.
(But then someone could label him as esquizofrenic to attack the project, so 'nah.)

As we Brazilians would say,
"Manda ver, parça! Programa essa bagaça pra nóis q tá da hora~"

• Red Heart
Reactions: ourf and number500

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
I loved it, interesting art, out of the ordinary (Which is infinitely appreciated), Martin's story is like mine, depressing but at the same time hilarious hahaha. I hope to have news and updates soon of this VN

• Red Heart
Reactions: ourf and number500

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Yikes...

Guys, I catched dengue fever
I'm very sick. All my joints are hurting so bad, headaches so strong I can't sleep. This morning I started to spit blood. I fear this disease evolves into hemorrhagic fever.
Wish me luck.

• Wow
Reactions: Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe

Oct 26, 2017
Yikes...

Guys, I catched dengue fever
I'm very sick. All my joints are hurting so bad, headaches so strong I can't sleep. This morning I started to spit blood. I fear this disease evolves into hemorrhagic fever.
Wish me luck.
That's serious. I sure hope you're admitted to a hospital by now.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
From dev on that post 8 hours ago.
The Martin Experiment
Hey, thank you for asking. I'm recovering relatively fast. That intense joint pain waned off two days later, along with the fever, and the headaches keep coming and going, but now it's way more bearable than before. The only heavy hitter I'm dealing with now is my throat. Along with this fever, it popped some big ulcerations at the back of my throat. That's why I was spitting blood before. It hurts so bad it makes me think twice every time I have to deglute something, even saliva. I'm forcing myself to drink water, but I regret it every time. Any amount of water burns like vinegar and has a lasting effect of an eternity to pass. I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to address this problem. I hope he has some anesthetics to prescribe beyond the spray ones.

number500

Jul 19, 2020
Hello everyone!
The project is not dead by any means! I'm keeping a dev thread here and posting on Patreon.

I just made a quick survey and I'm sharing it everywhere, it only takes a few minutes to complete, but the insights I'll gain from it will be invaluable. I appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to using it to shape the future of this project.

Please take a few minutes to fill out the survey now. Your input will be greatly appreciated and will create a better experience for everyone!

I look forward to sharing more updates on the project soon!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote