VN Ren'Py The Martin Experiment [Alpha v24.04.23] [The Martin Experiment]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

lucasrs9

Nov 6, 2020
One question was missed... Why dispute something that was previously warned you would have?

This is the same thing when it involves NTR, people complaining about NTR in a game that was tagged to have NTR.

The thing is, the overview warned that the protagonist was retarded and now he's surprised that the game has a retarded protagonist. Can you see the paradox?

EDIT: As the quote I answered was deleted, my answer is kind of meaningless, but I'll leave it because it serves for people with the same logic as the guy I answered.

Last edited:

Koshei

Apr 16, 2018
Even though the game is not finished, I can see that the entire interface is well made, not as stiff and square as in other games, plus that standard music that fits perfectly.
The hero's story is also interesting, although you would like to play more, I love multi-threading.
The graphic style is specific and reminds me a bit of GTA (I mean the colors)
Waiting for more ^^
GJ!

Reactions: number500

number500

Jul 19, 2020
Well, as a gamer, in my experience the games whose devs bend over backwards to accomodate every wish of their patrons are usually those who end up abandoning their projects, because at some point they don't like that patron patchwork anymore. Has happened far too often. If you, on the other hand, say "this is my story, that's the way I will write it", people will respect you more and you'll attract patrons who actually like what you do. Those are the loyal ones.

Anyway, as I said: Good luck!

Edit: You can open a ticket and ask the staff about getting that "developer" badge. Also ownership of this thread.
Oh, I'm well aware of this. I have a pretty firm hand when it comes to implementing suggestions in my narratives. The patrons can suggest what kinks they would like to experience in this game, but not "how" or "when" it will show up.

Just as I refuse to bend myself to political correctness, I also refuse to blindly satisfy any requests just for the sake of it. All kink requests will be explored thoughtfully to see if their inclusion would be detrimental to the storyline. If rejected, these interactions will not be in vain, as they will serve to enrich the present themes in other ways.

So you may take for granted the kinks I already mentioned, but this list may eventually grow as the story expands.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Don't know about you but I got aroused when I saw him dragging the blond milf at the door inside. My advice for you is to ditch patreon, switch to Subscribe Star and add incest. You have a gold mine here don't let patreon to hinder its' potential.
So molesting passed out drunk girls is a thing now? No thanks.

• Angry
Reactions: Dvvalin

number500

Jul 19, 2020
- it's offensive to think that some supposed psychologist's understanding of the disabled
- If the claim of a "mentally disabled" MC is true, what the actual fuck?
- but you've already got a mentally disabled MC and just want to layer on "he's also a rapist" with it?
- What I'm getting is that the MC is disabled, a bit racist
- you have discerned that all persons with disabilities are unrepentant rapists
Since your most predominant premise is exceedingly wrong, all the other implications you made around it are also far away from reality.
And the answer to your question is no. I don't believe in any of these declarations you made up about persons with disabilities at all.

Please, refrain from attacking me this way in this forum. It is against the rules.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
Since your most predominant premise is exceedingly wrong, all the other implications you made around it are also far away from reality.
I'm curious what my supposed "predominant premise" was, since it was based on information that I was about to gather from what two other users presented based on the content in your game. My "predominant premise" is speculative inquiry about your perception of persons with disabilities, based upon how you have chosen to present them in your game.

And the answer to your question is no. I don't believe in any of these declarations you made up about persons with disabilities at all.
Don't gaslight me, buddy. You're the one making the game, so whatever "declarations" aka QUALITIES of your MC that YOU have presented in YOUR game, then that's not me declaring anything. You're the one making the game, not me. If you don't believe any of those qualities would apply to someone with a disability, why put it in your game as a trait of your main character who also happens to be disabled? Is the disability your interpretation of why someone would behave so abhorrently?

Please, refrain from attacking me this way in this forum. It is against the rules.
I am allowed to express criticism towards content and to question the morality of a content creator when I feel it is justified, such as now. Nothing about my criticism of your main character having a disability and also reducing women to sex objects is an attack. It's also not an attack if I question the thought process that goes into thinking it's acceptable to present a person with a disability as also incapable of self-correcting repugnant behaviour of their own accord, much less possessing that behaviour. Hell, a guy criticized a part of dialogue that reduced a black woman to a sex object, and your response was "lol I agree that political correctness sucks." The guy was criticizing your writing, as in he felt that that piece of dialogue was so offensive that it effectively killed any interest he had in supporting your game.

I'll say this: your optics are really bad. You made a game about a mentally disabled guy who has rapey behaviour, who reduces women to little more than sex toys for his amusement, and then ask the player to effectively "correct" him via removing his autonomy. Your presentation is really terrible. Your idea is borderline harmful to persons with disabilities. This entire project feels like a plane entering a nosedive before it has even left the ground, and the pilot lacks all the self-awareness to realize five minutes of pilot school probably wasn't enough to jump into flying a commercial plane.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Well just got done finishing up all the current endings in the teaser, god it was a funny ride! Can't wait to see what's next for this interesting game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: number500

number500

Jul 19, 2020
I'm curious what my supposed "predominant premise" was, since it was based on information that I was about to gather from what two other users presented based on the content in your game.
Then you are criticizing something you don't even know. All the time you have spent writing against me or this project just rendered completely invalid. The information you gathered came from two individuals who are not familiar with this project, so it's an unreliable source. Nobody should ever make assumptions based on unreliable sources. Do you work at CNN?

My "predominant premise" is speculative inquiry about your perception of persons with disabilities, based upon how you have chosen to present them in your game.
Your predominant premise gravitates around this false assumption the protagonist has some kind of disability, which is false. So everything you say based on this, about anything, is also false.

Don't gaslight me, buddy. You're the one making the game, so whatever "declarations" aka QUALITIES of your MC that YOU have presented in YOUR game, then that's not me declaring anything.
Anyone in this thread can see you openly declaring a great number of fallacies based on a game you say you didn't play. Please, read your own texts for reference.

You're the one making the game, not me. If you don't believe any of those qualities would apply to someone with a disability, why put it in your game as a trait of your main character who also happens to be disabled? Is the disability your interpretation of why someone would behave so abhorrently?
Now I think you are posting in the wrong thread. None of my characters is a disabled person.

I am allowed to express criticism towards content and to question the morality of a content creator when I feel it is justified, such as now.
I feel you are in the wrong thread venting out hate speech about a project and a protagonist you don't know.

Nothing about my criticism of your main character having a disability and also reducing women to sex objects is an attack. It's also not an attack if I question the thought process that goes into thinking it's acceptable to present a person with a disability as also incapable of self-correcting repugnant behaviour of their own accord, much less possessing that behaviour.
And again you insist on this imaginary disability about the protagonist. Argument discarded. You are openly attacking me using a game that exists only in your interpretations.

Hell, a guy criticized a part of dialogue that reduced a black woman to a sex object, and your response was "lol I agree that political correctness sucks." The guy was criticizing your writing, as in he felt that that piece of dialogue was so offensive that it effectively killed any interest he had in supporting your game.
Not only me you got wrong but also that guy.

I'll say this: your optics are really bad. You made a game about a mentally disabled guy who has rapey behaviour, who reduces women to little more than sex toys for his amusement, and then ask the player to effectively "correct" him via removing his autonomy. Your presentation is really terrible. Your idea is borderline harmful to persons with disabilities.
I will say it again. Read it carefully: there are no mentally disabled characters in this project.

This entire project feels like a plane entering a nosedive before it has even left the ground, and the pilot lacks all the self-awareness to realize five minutes of pilot school probably wasn't enough to jump into flying a commercial plane.
Very colorful imagery right here.

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
the description sounds like a Joke, the Pictures shows me the full story in advance, 1000 time written before, the ending already in my head. BUT; who knows? Maybee it can be something good inside? And if not, it was for free so thx for share

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
The art is good, the interface is fun, the story has potential.
One thing that annoyed me is too much inner diolog, I know this is the main part of the story, It's needed, but maybe a little less and to the point.
Many of his problems are self-inflicted.

Reactions: ourf and number500

lucasrs9

Nov 6, 2020
If you mean the protagonist is legitimately "mentally disabled", the screenshot I saw of the guy pulling the lady into his house and thinking it would be his fault is actually offensive to people with disabilities. As someone with a disability, it's offensive to think that some supposed psychologist's understanding of the disabled is that we would rather kidnap a woman who was unconscious rather than the logical step of calling the police and explaining things.
:rolleyes:

Stop using ad hominem, you clearly must have noticed that I'm using the same adjective the first person I answered (He deleted the post) gave to the protagonist.

You're just ignoring the whole matter at question and attacking me and especially the developer as if I or the game had expressed preconception against mentally incapacitated people.
There is no such thing in the game, YOU are claiming this.

Again, stop using this pathetic fallacy.

Last edited:

number500

Jul 19, 2020
Guys!
The teaser is also on Newgrounds now, and along with it, I added a little more juice on the juiciest scenes!
Here is the Newgrounds link:
(Removed temporarily from Newgrounds to solve mobile compatibility issues)

This upgrade is available for Android, Windows, and Linux. Download it again here to see the changes:

Last edited:
Reactions: evr
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote