• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.70 star(s) 12 Votes

outbalancing

Apr 23, 2020
So out of curiosity, I know this was supposed to have been translated, but it still reads like it was machine translated only, is an actual translation being made?
Bro, this is not readable at all, I haven’t finished the game yet, but the quests themselves for killing monsters are old-fashioned and the plot seems to be translated normally and shows normally, but the dialogues in the H-scenes are just terrible, because the text is completely mixed up, both with other scenes and just randomly the text from the beginning of the event appears in the middle or end of the scene, it is impossible to play, this, by the way, becomes noticeable after the second scenes in events, because in the first it seems almost not noticeable, and then it’s complete horror, it’s easier to download and play the Japanese one, and the up scale is very I recommend it, because it works the same way on this version as on the Japanese one.

Jul 23, 2018
Bro, this is not readable at all, I haven’t finished the game yet, but the quests themselves for killing monsters are old-fashioned and the plot seems to be translated normally and shows normally, but the dialogues in the H-scenes are just terrible, because the text is completely mixed up, both with other scenes and just randomly the text from the beginning of the event appears in the middle or end of the scene, it is impossible to play, this, by the way, becomes noticeable after the second scenes in events, because in the first it seems almost not noticeable, and then it’s complete horror, it’s easier to download and play the Japanese one, and the up scale is very I recommend it, because it works the same way on this version as on the Japanese one.
I agree, its really bad. Which is why I was asking if there was an actual translation coming instead of someone claiming to have translated it after only having a machine do the work. Its crazy to think that anyone put work into this. Unless they know absolutely nothing about the english language.

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
I agree, its really bad. Which is why I was asking if there was an actual translation coming instead of someone claiming to have translated it after only having a machine do the work. Its crazy to think that anyone put work into this. Unless they know absolutely nothing about the english language.
You are not wrong. I'm not a native english speaker. I actually learn most of my english from internet. So it's likely that what seems to be normal, passable english to me could be terrible to fluent native people.

I think the confusion here is you think I actually manually translate by hand whatever the machine doesn't do. But the "edited" work here are manually checking the errors/hallucination and correct it myself or with machine again, since I wouldn't dare to rewrite the whole paragraph myself with my limited english at the first place. The hallucianation issue is unavoidable to an extent even if I improve my script because it's the limited of the AI technology today. However chatGPT literary are way smarter and better readable than the old MTL by miles, for most people.

The only issue that I could fix is people reporting of mixed up texts, which is weird because I do not see it when playing the game myself. I guess it's either some mistakes when combining all translation texts together or I simply uploaded the wrong, not latest version. But I have to look it up myself to identify and fix the issue, which requires me to translate another Enuemu games so I can arrange a week of focusing on game translation and new chatgpt API fund.

Translation with proofreading and related tasks are really time consuming even with machine, that's what I learn from the group who does White album 2 work. I promise I will try to release a fix for this game once I manage to find time for another game translation+ API fund, but I can't promise that it will be soon tomorrow or within this week.

Last edited:

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
I've also noticed errors like dialogue of what appears to be scene titles in the scene text, or splices of what seem to be different scenes at the beginning or end of scene text.
I've attached one example. Some of the lines in this scene also seem to be out of order.
yeah very likely of the script mixing up the text file order. I will try to fix it even it's already been long time. Sorry for that, I don't have helps like proofreading this is fan work so it's in my hobby time mostly.

Jul 23, 2018
You are not wrong. I'm not a native english speaker. I actually learn most of my english from internet. So it's likely that what seems to be normal, passable english to me could be terrible to fluent native people.

I think the confusion here is you think I actually manually translate by hand whatever the machine doesn't do. But the "edited" work here are manually checking the errors/hallucination and correct it myself or with machine again, since I wouldn't dare to rewrite the whole paragraph myself with my limited english at the first place. The hallucianation issue is unavoidable to an extent even if I improve my script because it's the limited of the AI technology today. However chatGPT literary are way smarter and better readable than the old MTL by miles, for most people.

The only issue that I could fix is people reporting of mixed up texts, which is weird because I do not see it when playing the game myself. I guess it's either some mistakes when combining all translation texts together or I simply uploaded the wrong, not latest version. But I have to look it up myself to identify and fix the issue, which requires me to translate another Enuemu games so I can arrange a week of focusing on game translation and new chatgpt API fund.

Translation with proofreading and related tasks are really time consuming even with machine, that's what I learn from the group who does White album 2 work. I promise I will try to release a fix for this game once I manage to find time for another game translation+ API fund, but I can't promise that it will be soon tomorrow or within this week.
Man, i can respect you responding and the fact you took the critisicm with such dignity. A lot of people tend to get overly offended from critiques. For not being a native english speaker you certainly did a prettt good job. :)

outbalancing

Apr 23, 2020

I personally am satisfied with the quality of the translation, the only problem is that the texts are very mixed up.

By the way, I still haven’t finished it, so I’ll wait then)) because changing this version and the Japanese one is still not convenient for the game.

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
Sorry for the long update. My PC got damaged and it took me few days to get it back. No data loss fortunately.

Here the translation fix v1. It's all LLM hallucination as the culprit of the errors and it was possible that the error parts occur in the routes that didn't appear in my playthrough before so I missed them. That's why I check all the H-scenes in the full save this time to ensure no errors in those scenes at least (which is majority and important parts of the game). It's almost impossible to find a pattern for all possible hallucinations the LLM may make so I gotta manually check them this time until I have time to improve my scripts to catch all hallucination variations in future. This took me 12 hrs working non stop so lets hope there won't be errors left :LOL:. But if you notice any feel free report to me in this thread I will fix it. I believe if there are any it won't be easy to notice however. E.g: few dialogues of some sex scenes swapping to each other won't make a big difference unless it's a series.

Lets see if someone finds a major texts swap error so I can fix it, then we can bother Sonu The Pilot to update the final fix at #1 post.

Regarding new game translation, I want to translate old titles like "A tale of two swords" but here is the bad news. TIL openAI has discontinued the free trial API feature since just few weeks ago. So I need to find new alternatives that offer free trial API for the translation. It also doesn't help the fact that "A tale of two swords" uses different old RPGM engine than the recent works so I need more time to figure out ways to extract the game data. I will update whether I should or how translate next Enuemu games after I can find solutions for these 2 problems.

Last edited:

outbalancing

Apr 23, 2020
3.70 star(s) 12 Votes