NMD00544

Jan 1, 2023
hello, I want to know where the scene replay is. The gallery on my phone only has pictures and no scene replay.

VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
Hello, I need help
Every time I get to this part...
Sem títulooo.png
The game doesn't work.:(
Sem título.png
Could anyone help me resolve this problem?

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

MARCH_2024_DEVLOG_2.png
What's up people?
The second half of March went as I expected regarding The Inn's development.
I was able to finish all the scenes I needed for the update and, as of the writing of this post, the only thing left to do before release is adding songs and sfx to the game, which I'll be doing today.
So yeah, tomorrow's release is 99% confirmed!
On the subject of releases, I wanted to talk to you all about something.
I've been planning on reworking the tiers for this project for a while now, and that's mostly due to 2 reasons:
I've been working with the current tier system for little over two years, the way it works now is that the INNitiate tier ($5) serves as the "update release" tier and the higher tiers as only bonus or additional benefits tier.
It worked great so far, back when I introduced it I saw a massive growth in new pledges and, in part due to the monthly release schedule, it also helped retain pledges throughout the month.
The drawback to it being that my pledge growth became pretty much non existential after a while, it stalled in around 300 patrons/month.
The good side is that they didn't decrease, but the bad side is that they didn't increase either.
The other reason being that the current monthly release, while working great, has become pretty stressful towards the end of the month, where I have to pretty much crunch to be able to finish the udpate in time and, as the game evolves, updates become more and more complex, so the development difficulty also increases. So, from this release onwards I'll be switching to a bimonthly release schedule.
This in itself will bring it's own set of benefits and drawbacks.
While I'll have more time to work on the update and that will translate to better and bigger updates, it'll also prove to be challenging to retain patreons during the second month of the release cycle.
So, after a lot of consideration, research and talking to other devs, I realized that my current release system is flawed and gives little to no incentive for upgrades and new pledges.
That means after tomorrow's release, I'll rework the release system in favor of a tiered release system, which was what I used way back and seems to be the preffered release system for the vast majority of other devs.
All the current tiers will be unpublished, meaning new pledges to them won't be possible but current pledges will stay until the pledger either cancels it or upgrades to a different tier.
The current tiers will be renamed to "Legacy" tiers and all their benefits except the release related ones will still be valid for as long as you're a member of them.
Here's a quick rundown of how each tier will look like:
And, to be really clear, if you're part of a Legacy tier, you'll still receive it's benefits (except release related ones) even if it's not available anymore.
That mean, for example, if you're part of the current INNtimate tier, you'll still be elligible for the monthly custom artwork as for as long as you're part of it.
For the INNvested tier reward:
  • Nominate an idea for a custom render that's voted on through a monthly poll (top 3 are made)
This will be a new poll type event that I'll be making every month and will go like this:
  • Around the 15th of every month, patrons of INNvested and higher tiers will have access to a special discord channel where they'll be able to post ONE idea for a custom artwork.
  • The channel will be accessible for 2 days.
  • After 2 days the channel will be closed and a poll on patreon will be made so all the ideas can be voted.
  • Votes are weighted according to the patron's tiers, so the higher your tier, the more weight your vote will have.
  • This poll will be up for 1 week.
  • At the end of that week, the 3 ideas with the most votes will be made into artworks which will be posted on discord and patreon and will also be featured in the in-game Pin-Up gallery.
Alright, I guess that's it for this devlog.
If you have any questions regarding the new tiers or the game in general, don't be afraid to ask them in the comments or in our discord server!
Also, don't forget to check the to see some of the stuff that's going to be in the next update!
Have fun!
Sneak peaks below

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

View attachment 3496013
What's up people?
The second half of March went as I expected regarding The Inn's development.
I was able to finish all the scenes I needed for the update and, as of the writing of this post, the only thing left to do before release is adding songs and sfx to the game, which I'll be doing today.
So yeah, tomorrow's release is 99% confirmed!
On the subject of releases, I wanted to talk to you all about something.
I've been planning on reworking the tiers for this project for a while now, and that's mostly due to 2 reasons:
I've been working with the current tier system for little over two years, the way it works now is that the INNitiate tier ($5) serves as the "update release" tier and the higher tiers as only bonus or additional benefits tier.
It worked great so far, back when I introduced it I saw a massive growth in new pledges and, in part due to the monthly release schedule, it also helped retain pledges throughout the month.
The drawback to it being that my pledge growth became pretty much non existential after a while, it stalled in around 300 patrons/month.
The good side is that they didn't decrease, but the bad side is that they didn't increase either.
The other reason being that the current monthly release, while working great, has become pretty stressful towards the end of the month, where I have to pretty much crunch to be able to finish the udpate in time and, as the game evolves, updates become more and more complex, so the development difficulty also increases. So, from this release onwards I'll be switching to a bimonthly release schedule.
This in itself will bring it's own set of benefits and drawbacks.
While I'll have more time to work on the update and that will translate to better and bigger updates, it'll also prove to be challenging to retain patreons during the second month of the release cycle.
So, after a lot of consideration, research and talking to other devs, I realized that my current release system is flawed and gives little to no incentive for upgrades and new pledges.
That means after tomorrow's release, I'll rework the release system in favor of a tiered release system, which was what I used way back and seems to be the preffered release system for the vast majority of other devs.
All the current tiers will be unpublished, meaning new pledges to them won't be possible but current pledges will stay until the pledger either cancels it or upgrades to a different tier.
The current tiers will be renamed to "Legacy" tiers and all their benefits except the release related ones will still be valid for as long as you're a member of them.
Here's a quick rundown of how each tier will look like:
And, to be really clear, if you're part of a Legacy tier, you'll still receive it's benefits (except release related ones) even if it's not available anymore.
That mean, for example, if you're part of the current INNtimate tier, you'll still be elligible for the monthly custom artwork as for as long as you're part of it.
For the INNvested tier reward:
  • Nominate an idea for a custom render that's voted on through a monthly poll (top 3 are made)
This will be a new poll type event that I'll be making every month and will go like this:
  • Around the 15th of every month, patrons of INNvested and higher tiers will have access to a special discord channel where they'll be able to post ONE idea for a custom artwork.
  • The channel will be accessible for 2 days.
  • After 2 days the channel will be closed and a poll on patreon will be made so all the ideas can be voted.
  • Votes are weighted according to the patron's tiers, so the higher your tier, the more weight your vote will have.
  • This poll will be up for 1 week.
  • At the end of that week, the 3 ideas with the most votes will be made into artworks which will be posted on discord and patreon and will also be featured in the in-game Pin-Up gallery.
Alright, I guess that's it for this devlog.
If you have any questions regarding the new tiers or the game in general, don't be afraid to ask them in the comments or in our discord server!
Also, don't forget to check the to see some of the stuff that's going to be in the next update!
Have fun!
Sneak peaks below
Mega
Dayum ... I didn't know Kratos did construction ...

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

What's up everyone?
This is the release post for the 1.01.01 version of The Inn - Chapter 2!
Chapter 2 is a standalone game, meaning you don't need to have Chapter 1 installed on your computer to play it.
Actually, you don't even need to have played Chapter 1 to play Chapter 2, as it comes with its own World State configurator where you can set up yout world the way you want.
If you have played chapter 1 to it's completion though, you can load metadata from there and get right into the game with everything already loaded and good to go.
You don't want to configure a World State and haven't played Chapter 1 either? Well, say no more, you can also load a default World State with pretty much all the Chapter 1 content unlocked for Chapter 2!
This release took A LOT of work to get finished, boy... I didn't antecipate that making a standalone game would be so much trouble... It works though, and it works like a glove.
You'll be able to meet Linda again, spend some quality time with her, maybe even get a bit frisky before being called to check on the mansion renovation.
A proper changelog follows:
  • Fixed and improved a bunch of minor stuff from very old code
  • Game Time Class now makes proper use of the datetime library
  • Replays are Python objects now, instead of a .json object
  • New Main Menu background
  • Introduced all new assets for the entirety of Linda's House
  • Data for the songs in the Music Gallery are Python objects now, instead of a .json object
And, without further ado, here are the download links:
Pc=
Mac=
Android=
pc/mac/android =

Last edited:

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
So there is new content? Looking at the patch notes it looked like it was just bug fixes, at first glance.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
The Inn [Ch. 2 v1.01.01] [Lykanz] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [466 MB]
- - -

Mac [476 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes