Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

What's up everyone?
Development for The Inn in May has been... Well... It has been...
I was able to finish all the scenes for the content I had written so far and was able to do some screen work too.
Worked on some animations with tentacle-like items and, let me tell you, I 100% hope I NEVER have to work with those again, lmao. What a headache that was.
There's a fair bit of lore added to this update as MC and Linda keep exploring the place they found during last update, most of it not through dialogue.
And that brings me to the "not so cool" part of this devlog... I have been fighting against a severe creative block lately.
I know what I have to write, know how I have to write it, have all the brainstorming done and all that jazz, but I just keep drawing blanks whenever I sit down to write it, it's been so bad I can't even organize the ideas in a cohesive way.
I took this chance to work on other parts of the update I needed done, like the screen work, some improvement to general code and stuff like that, hoping that I would be able to write something by the time I was done with it, but nope, no dice.
I mean, It sounds like I didn't get anything done, but it's not really that.
I DID get some amount of writting done, it's just... Not enough, y'know.
I'm starting to get afraid I won't be able to finish it by the end of the month and will need to delay the update. And I really, really don't want to do that.
I could release it with what I have done so far though, but it just ends there, abruptly. There's no cliffhanger, no tension. I hate it.
I still have the translation and sounds/bgm to work on though, so maybe I'll get the spark back by the time I'm done with those.
I've had other instances of creative block during development by this is, by far, the worst case.
Geez, this is sounding like just a lot of copium, isn't it?
Anyway, I'll manage something, I always do.
Don't forget to check the to see some of the stuff I've worked on since the last devlog!
Have fun!

View attachment 3637223 View attachment 3637224 View attachment 3637225 View attachment 3637226 View attachment 3637227 View attachment 3637228 View attachment 3637229 View attachment 3637230 View attachment 3637231 View attachment 3637232 View attachment 3637233 View attachment 3637234
First All-Might muscles, now Artemis shows up ... this game is getting interesting.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Well, I'm talking about:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Val's (and Ricky's) "transformation" is actually inspired by Machio from "How Heavy are the Dumbells you Lift?".
machio.gif
I wish the clothes ripping effect was doable in HS :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Ah right, I think I know.
Isn't that the one where they make a joke witht he "It goes in the square hole" meme?
DO not remember a meme like that, been awhile since I played. Mostly because the character your characters get out the tank has a similar look the Artemis character.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
DO not remember a meme like that, been awhile since I played. Mostly because the character your characters get out the tank has a similar look the Artemis character.
Ah right, yeah, I can see the resemblance.

I'm still not completely sold on Gyna's (the girl in the tank) hair tbh.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Ah right, yeah, I can see the resemblance.

I'm still not completely sold on Gyna's (the girl in the tank) hair tbh.
Looked fine to me. It was a natural color which I like. So many females in AVN's seem to have green. blue, purple. pink hair these days. Guess I am just an old fashioned guy.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Ah right, I think I know.
Isn't that the one where they make a joke witht he "It goes in the square hole" meme?
Yea there's that joke in there lol

That AVN is more story based than lewd, so I don't think there's much to do with their robot lady

Hopefully The Inn will be different :sneaky:
The hair color reminds me of 2B/Artemis, though idk how I feel about that particular hairstyle tbh

Reactions: Klon86

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Yea there's that joke in there lol

That AVN is more story based than lewd, so I don't think there's much to do with their robot lady

Hopefully The Inn will be different :sneaky:
The hair color reminds me of 2B/Artemis, though idk how I feel about that particular hairstyle tbh
Yeah, like, I wanted a hairstyle that covered one of her eyes.
I found two, that and another one.
The other one looked more tomboy-ish, but the eye covering bang was kind of weird.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Phase_01

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Im still having the same problem of the game not opening... anyone help pls
And you're still not giving any details that would help anyone figure out what might be going wrong ...

Share your log file (in a spoiler box).

DsguarTR

Sep 11, 2021
And you're still not giving any details that would help anyone figure out what might be going wrong ...

Fair, but the thing is that its weird bcs i click to open the game and nothing happen, im not on my computer rn but when i get on it i will share the log file.

DsguarTR

Sep 11, 2021

okay im on my computer now, i wasnt at home earliear sorry lol, but where do i see the log file?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
welp, theres the first problem , lol.
the game wont launch , thats what i mean, like there isnt even a log file.
First, did you look to see if there was a log file.

If not, did you try deleting, re-downloading and unzipping again?

If it never even tried to start, there have to be missing files, so you might have had a glitched download. If it tried to start but didn't appear to start there should still be a log file.

4.10 star(s) 100 Votes